29 coaches online • Server time: 01:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who do you think will win the final?
Sweden
52%
 52%  [ 66 ]
Finland
47%
 47%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 126

magan174

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Swedish methodic carefulness vs Suomis attacking Sisu hockey. Gonna be great.

This aint true any more. The Finns are playing trapping hockey with a very tight D and an outstanding powerplay. Sweden on the other hand are playing a very freeflowing attacking hockey with a suxy D.

Ronnie. I think you're right, I was abit fast there. But I think we gonna see some old Sweden/Finland game tomorrow. I think Sweden will slow the game down (as they done so far) and transport the puck a lot. Finland will play their new Team defense style but also try to charge up the tempo. It will be old roles again after some time. Erkki Westerlund have changed Finlands game over the last year/s. They have a more solid D now. And yet they are very effective in their offence. And Im really disapointed that Sami Salo got injured. He's really fun to watch.

Finland has won seven straight games now and I hope Sweden can stop that. But to do so they have to score in the PP and Finlands Boxplay is really good. Sad

Anyway, this will be a great game for Swedes and Finns. A lot of prestige at stake here. I will by some Koff and some BlåGul and enjoy the "Battle of the Brothers" And of course watch the last Olympics for Swedens (and some of the worlds) best icehockey players.

Heja Sverige. Visa lite Sisu på söndag nu Smile
Kamahl

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Finland all the way Cool

I mean, its no contest at all, even svedes expect the Finns to pummel their national team.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sundin has won us about 200 games vs finland before. So why not a 201:st win?
Buur

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

i wanted Russia to take the gold, their hockey is the most fun towatch.

And Russia have the most beautiful national anthem!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:
Ooops. I got a little carried away there. But all I wanted to say is, Sweden will definately win tomorrow against Finland.

Skansen is nice, but you will go down and HARD!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This may be tha last time we see Foppa, Sudden, Alfie, Lidas etc etc. So just watch and enjoy. Like RonnieC writes. Sweden are up for a tough time when the Big Guys quit. We have some young talented players to build aorund: Zäta, Kronwall (Ronnies favourite), Hedström (he'e good), Lunkan, Bäckman and so on. And some of the players are in the middle of their carrier: Red Twins, Samme (but hes going towrds 30 next year), Tjärnkvist, Pebben.

We'll see what happens in the near future. There are some good players coming up that are young also. I myself am looking forward to see Beng Åkes son take the step up to Senior hockey. He's one of the most promising u-18 players we have.
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If Sweden plays like they did against Slovakia, then Finland has very hard time winning... Embarassed
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:

Sweden is simply the best country in the world to live in. If it wasn't for the world's highest taxes.

Sorry, mate. But I'll have to disagree.

While I won't go into the details of the rest of your post as it would only habour further debate this is just wrong.

Denmark is without the country in the world with the highest tax-pressure, period.

We've got the average tax of 43% - of course higher for some groups. Add to this a 25% tax on EVERYTHING you buy meaning that 1/5 of the price is tax. Then you've got taxes on electricity, water and whatnot that usually goes above the price of what you have used in the first place.

Then there's our car taxes that basically mean that we pay more than 3 times as much for a car compared to most places in the world.

Then there's a whole nother world of taxes somewhere I can't remember.

While initially flaws do exist in this it means that Denmark has one of the world's best social security systems and ensure that the difference between rich and poor is the smallest ANYWHERE in the world. While one may argue that the taxes are too much I'm proud of a system that doesn't produce poor people.

I'm less proud of the direction the government seems to be going on our imigration issues but this is not the thread for this.

Cheers, poeple.

And I really don't know who to root for. I thought it was great to see the tiny Finns beat the huge Canadians the way they did, so I guess I'm slightly inclined to go with the mongolian speaking people of Scandinavia.
Superstar

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

4-2 to sweden, we will break their finish spirit, with a early goal, then later in the game holmström is going to do a brutal tackle and put selänne out of his misery once and for all. Also, sweden and denmark has similar tax pressure, unfortunatly our migration policys aint going the same way that the denmark is going, which is the right way if you ask me. Well, when on the tax subject, in a very soon future all swedes is going to pay a new tax called "mediaavgift" which is a set number, which will effectivally raise taxes alot for those who doesnt make much money, and those who has alot of money it will affect less. They are widening the gap between rich and poor in this country, it's really sad. anyway, 4-2 to sweden and 6-2 in favor of russia
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
And I really don't know who to root for. I thought it was great to see the tiny Finns beat the huge Canadians the way they did, so I guess I'm slightly inclined to go with the mongolian speaking people of Scandinavia.

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper!

I fart in your general direction!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

"And I really don't know who to root for. I thought it was great to see the tiny Finns beat the huge Canadians the way they did, so I guess I'm slightly inclined to go with the mongolian speaking people of Scandinavia"

Hehe there are 3 things wrong with that sentence.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If Finland manages to play like it's played all the other games so far (not counting a few periods), they shouldn't have a problem winning the game.n But it's gonna be tough. I know for a fact that either I'm calling my collague in the swedish office on monday, or he'll call me, depending on who wins. Just to rub it in.
Jeppan

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:

I know that as a Swede I shouldn't bring this up. But the spanish word for Swede, Sueco, can also mean someone who is a coward.

I have lived in Spain for a long time and I have never heard that. As a swede I am sure I would have. There is however an expression: hacerse el sueco, which would translate to: do the swede. That means that you pretend that is is raining or something likle that.
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

TAY MOO! TAY MOO! TAY MOO!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:
MrMojo wrote:
Webbe wrote:
Btw, the swedish word for finn and for pimple is the same.

Btw, the English word for Swedes is the same as for a certain vegetable, a swede.

I know that as a Swede I shouldn't bring this up. But the spanish word for Swede, Sueco, can also mean someone who is a coward. Something with us always staying neutral in wars, and then support the winning side right at the end. I can admit, not very brave but it have kept us out of war in 197 years...

Slight correction from a spaniard:
There is no known relation between swede (sueco) and coward. However, we've got an idiomatic phrase Hacerse el sueco (literal translation: act as a swede) meaning in fact act as dumb (I guess we imported that from either Norway or Finland...)

Anyway, go Suomi!
 Jump to: