15 coaches online • Server time: 05:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
animefreak2599

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually completely okay with Bretonnians, they feel appropriately fluffy(arrogant nobles obsessed with control of the ball supported by yeomen desperate to be knighted for their great deeds and accompanied by a handful of cowering peasants) even if they aren't a "top tier" team and might be a bit awkward to play with as they develop further. GP access probably doesn't hurt them too bad at low-mid TVs, since you'll end up having one or two dedicated killers who have rolled plenty of doubles and then maybe one focused on control of the ball with sure hands etc.

Their roster is a lot more interesting to me than standard humans, honestly, but I only play pro elves and vampires so I'm probably not representative of most blood bowlers

Khorne, on the other hand, looks awful in just about every way!
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

To each their own Smile

I'm with those who have criticized the bret roster elsewhere. Khorne I never liked in the first place, it doesn't even fill any hole, it seems just lip service to the people screaming about needing demons.

I'm not totally against adding new teams, but frankly, I think the game is better served by 'fixing' the current rosters to achieve whatever it is that these new rosters are supposed to achieve.

Unless they are just cash grabs for minis or DLC.

In which case I still want to puke on them Smile
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You lost me with the comment about the Human team. Sad

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the bottom line is that both rosters play pretty well. However designing a roster that plays pretty well, isn't that hard.

I really think that both rosters (for me) would only need a few changes each to become acceptable.

I'm personally not anti either theme and would like to see more rosters become official, however not these as they are at the moment.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Garion wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
I believe the stadium upgrades don't add to your TV. There is also one which gives both teams a Wiz heh.
Khemri aren't in yet but I have a hunch they will lose decay and be av8 with BT.

sigh they are destroying this game, losing decay yes, but av8 BT is just stupid, it completely destroys the character of the team, ag5 doding for TGs ffs.... is plasmoid working for them or something, because they seem to be copying a number of his worst ideas.

khemri is back to crp in NTBBL currently.

plasmoid wrote:

Changelog 2015
1. CRP+ Khemri: Due to both feedback from players and the passage of time, the Khemri team reverts to the CRP roster.

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB%20rosters.htm

Wow, there are some really weird changes there.
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

the bretonnian team looks like an optimised human team. blockers are linemen that start with wrestle and strength access.
blitzer builds seem pretty basic. tackle 1st, any stats makes that blitzer a ball carrier with sure hands. 1st double goes to mb. a frenzy blitzer will be useful. and one with leader.
on top you get 3 gimps for the line that start with fend!

i would be playing these guys over humans to see if they are as good as i think they are
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
the bretonnian team looks like an optimised human team. blockers are linemen that start with wrestle and strength access.
blitzer builds seem pretty basic. tackle 1st, any stats makes that blitzer a ball carrier with sure hands. 1st double goes to mb. a frenzy blitzer will be useful. and one with leader.
on top you get 3 gimps for the line that start with fend!

i would be playing these guys over humans to see if they are as good as i think they are

They aren't, other than at low TV.

Human blitzers are much better. Human catchers (on cyanide) are arguably better than the blockers as well, though they obviously fill entirely different roles.

I'm not down on wrestle as a starting skill, but wrestle with S access is just weird and not very synergistic.
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

human blitzers are better, but not by that much. the main strength skills for human blitzers are mb, and guard as its the only place to take it. dauntless is not a wasted skill on the bretonnian blitzers either

the bretonnian blocker is infiniely better than the human linesman. wrestle sucks with st access, but who cares you start with it and get st access for free basically.
 Jump to: