19 coaches online • Server time: 04:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Biscuits or Cake?
Biscuits
19%
 19%  [ 23 ]
Cake
29%
 29%  [ 36 ]
Cocaine... or raisins!
51%
 51%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 121

IwEl

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2008 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine is just what my friends call me but backwards and with alternate capital and lowercase letters

Freppa

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2008 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Freppa is a nickname for Fredrik here.. i only ever heard about two other though.
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2008 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My RL nickname.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2008 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the time of year that the threads do not lie easy in their tombs.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2008 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

When I was a bike racer I used to get called Dwerg Muis (Harvestmouse) by the locals.

Because I am small, look like a mouse, but a bit of a fighter on the sly. (Harvestmice look cute and harmless but are cannibalistic(apparently).

I really liked it, as it isn't at all macho and shows my sense of humour. So I got my helmets airpainted with a mouse design and had 'harvestmouse' emblazoned onto my frames.

After that I used it in all walks of life, and it stuck.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2008 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

gots mah nayme from dogfeed, yo. Jus puts a pee-aych and a kay-kay instead of eff and cee.

PS, my nick used to describe my FPS gaming habits years ago. replaced my other name which was "Analien". Yup.

ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2008 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, how I love thread necromancy....

ChangoLoco is the name used by a semi-professional Mexican wrestler who is also the front man for a punk rock band (ChangoLoco y los Rudos.)

That guy is awesome - and since I'm not, I figured I try to steal some of his awesomeness by taking his name. Also, Changoloco can be loosely translated as crazy monkey - which my wife says if fairly fitting for me.

Chango is also a thunder god in Yoruba mythology, and a tribe of native South Americans, who inhabited the coast of Peru and Chile. So it's a name that's been used to mean various things - my theft is in the tradition of the name.

I used to use Killbot856 for everything, but when as I get older I get more mellow. By the time I signed up for fumbbl, I was ready for a new name. The 856 wasn't an add-on for the sake of a unique name, however. 856 was my favorite number as a kid. When someone would ask me to pick a number, I'd go with 856, which just exasperated people, which in turn encouraged me. When we wrote a zine after high school, we each chose a number to use as our name - Killbot*. I was Killbot856.

As Synn pointed out, 856 was also my identifier for pagers before the days of rampant cellphone usage. 856-411 meant I wanted information. 856-420 was something else.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2008 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

ChangoLoco wrote:

me too Very Happy
anyways....
my nickname on here is a shortend version of my real life nickiname peter(petey) and 5th october is day i was born
simple but effective

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2008 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

My fave footie team and my name forest....Tim... Genius...

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2008 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pt0510 wrote:
ChangoLoco wrote:

me too Very Happy
anyways....
my nickname on here is a shortend version of my real life nickiname peter(petey) and 5th october is day i was born
simple but effective

That's my mum's birthday!!! And your location is my mum's house. You are indeed my mother!! Aren't you?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2011 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

this is a nice forum topic that I think could use a bump. lots of new members since 2008. How about tell us something about yourself, like how you determined your username?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2011 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe nice idea for a threadomancy !

My nickname ancre is the french for anchor. I'm french so it's easy to pick words out of that language, it's not widely used (since even the french think it's cool to have english in your nickname) and it's also vaguely related to my three real names (but my logic only make sense to me Smile ).

I had a bunch of other nicknames as well, I used phenyx at first, then realised it looked like a nickname a boring teenager would pick (which I was) then I used faelshlmir (as I got fed up of finding anicknamed not already used for an email adress and kinda smashed my keyboard inanger) then a few other ones from words i like, sable, sabre, pastels, then I settled for ancre. I'm kinda slowly moving toward Raton Laveur or Raccoon now.

Well that's the story of my internet life Very Happy
Sixletters

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2011 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sarcastic when it comes to usernames or passwords

An early username and password asked for at least six letters. The name stuck
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2011 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

cool story ancre. Ancre sounds like a great name. hope it sticks.

sixletters....awesome origin!

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2011 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I don't even remember. I've used this nick for as long as I can remember, although in the beginning I used 'Count Calthor'. Which was nice and cute and all, but also quite lame, boring and a little childish, so I ditched the first part.
 Jump to: