64 coaches online • Server time: 20:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think Fairies are quite competitive. The HG and Strip Ball combo plus 3 of the strongest big guys is an ok team, if in the right hands.
Narlgoth

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Personally I think Fairies are quite competitive. The HG and Strip Ball combo plus 3 of the strongest big guys is an ok team, if in the right hands.

I've seen Fairies in action and they are pretty good- like the Woodies of Stunty, but with more Treemen. 3 Trees, Hypnotic Gaze and MA8 makes up for ST1 quite well.

And yes, I take it back- Mechs need nerfing AG. Firstly because I'm sick of seeing Mechs carry balls over the TD line, and secondly because about 50% of the games I've played have been against Skyre because everyone's always raving about how good they are! Nerf them, nerf them in their face! I say AG1 and no G access! All the Stunty teams should have a flaw, gives them character, and Skyre don't really have one. Sure the ST1 Slaves get carried off in droves, but so do just about every other Stunty Lino! Confused
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Really?

I have not had too many games against Fairies, but my recent one and the games I spec'ed did not leave me impressed.

Aside from the fact their fluff sucks (Disney's lawyers called...), shouldn't they have moar hypno gaze?

Imagine a base lino having:

6 1 2 6 dodge, two heads, extra arms, stunty, right stuff, hypnotic gaze

He can dodge and pick up the ball on a 3+ while hypno gazing on a 5+. That seems balanced considering how awesome lots of gaze on one team (Miami Dolphins) can be.

__Synn
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Really?

I have not had too many games against Fairies, but my recent one and the games I spec'ed did not leave me impressed.

Aside from the fact their fluff sucks (Disney's lawyers called...), shouldn't they have moar hypno gaze?

Imagine a base lino having:

6 1 2 6 dodge, two heads, extra arms, stunty, right stuff, hypnotic gaze

He can dodge and pick up the ball on a 3+ while hypno gazing on a 5+. That seems balanced considering how awesome lots of gaze on one team (Miami Dolphins) can be.

__Synn

I do agree that the fluff is awful (my opinion) and I'd prefer a total remake.

Gamewise, well I don't think they are easy to play, and if you try to play them as a 'normal' stunty team, you'll die horribly. However if you set up your opponent for combo attacks, I think you can do quite well.

Also, if we take into account that some of the more powerful rosters are going to be toned down a bit, this will also up their competitive level.

Another thing is, their players are quite cheap, which means they can usually field 15 vs teams with less players, and get a star player. Their star player list is very good, and they generally have one in most games. In fact it took me a few games to realise that Blarney Bill wasn't actually part of the roster.

If it were me, I think leave them be (unless going for a total remake for fluff reasons) until the next round of changes have settled down, and we can see where they are sitting in the water.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Nice record, but lots of games against skinks. Try playing things with bombs.

Whether they suck or not, I think fluff says "Mauler Squig Plz". Very Happy

My record is only 3-0-3 but I have lost both times against skinks. Those raptors can really cause problems if the squigs aren't rolling the pows.

As for squig team, they are great fun and I don't think they need improving. As suggested by Free Range an increase av on squigs is worth considering still. Obviously if they go up in tv with no block or tackle things may get tricky.
A few other teams like forest gobbo stabbers could be slightly worsened (or increased in price) perhaps.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

why do people think stab is good its not lol

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Stab is great.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

But i feel stabbing should count as a standing foul seeing it's doing something illegal and you don't have to stab.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Stabbing isn't that great, no need to nerf it.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

but in honesty i just think SW needs an overhaul XD I think it should roll everytime you use the weapon and not on drives. so blocking with the chainsaw if you roll double on an armour roll he's ejected. would mean they don't get sent off for standing around or getting put out of a drive early but are more likely to be sent off the more you use them.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The last team to defeat me is OP.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

damn, if we thought like that all teams are OP Especially all the races played by Sage.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you think secret weapons need an overhaul?
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo wrote:
Stabbing isn't that great, no need to nerf it.

Stabbing is a perfectly safe action in a leeg where gfis and dodges are especially fatal.

No team should get free shots on the LoS without any risk of turnover.

Not everything has to be seen as "nerf or buff".

__Synn
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
but in honesty i just think SW needs an overhaul XD I think it should roll everytime you use the weapon and not on drives. so blocking with the chainsaw if you roll double on an armour roll he's ejected. would mean they don't get sent off for standing around or getting put out of a drive early but are more likely to be sent off the more you use them.

That is a tad extreme don't you think?

Weapons should enable teams to succeed without requiring a big guy.

That being said, stunty should be overhauled because CRP has radically changed weapons.

__Synn
 Jump to: