40 coaches online • Server time: 13:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awards
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2010 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Says the Chaos and Woodies coach...

Oh wait, you did it with Vamps... I got nothin Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a very subjective measurement Erik...

Congrats Oryx.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2010 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Awards
Welcome to our second SWL Awards Ceremony for XXXVII. The SWL Awards are the most prestigious accolades players, coaches and teams can earn in the Southern Wastes. The SWL Awards include:

SWL Coach of the Season:
For the best performing coach in the entire league. This is the greatest honour a coach can receive in SWL, probably in FUMBBL and possibly in Blood Bowl period.

The winner of the SWL Coach of the Season

Olgrot
Displayed solid coaching with a solid team to win the Premiership this season, registering just a single loss. Olgrot maximised the usefulness of each of his players and concentrated on maintaining solid positioning to earn his maiden Premiership title.

SWL Rising Star:
Awarded in recognition of a new coaches accomplishments, or to a coach who has significantly improved during the season. This award is reserved for future Premiership Calibre coaches who may one day earn the SWL Coach of the Season Award.

The winner of the SWL Rising Star award

Oryx
Still a relative newcomer to SWL, Oryx made his presence felt this season with some great displays of coaching. Sure, he still makes the occasional mistake but his unique playstyle and continual improvement make him a definite coach to keep an eye on. Coaching a 17 game old skaven team to a Premiership contender with a positive 37 casualty difference speaks for itself. Keep an eye on this guy!

SWL's Most Valuable Player:
Awarded to the best player on any team throughout the course of a season. As far as individual players are concerned this is the greatest honour they can receive in the SWL.

The winner of the SWL's Most Valuable Player

Cam Smith
Wow! What a Season! 13 casualties in 7 games. He must have been playing lots of wood elves and halflings you say... 3 casualties vs Dwarves, 5 vs Undead, 3 vs Humans, 1 vs High Elves and 1 vs Chaos, don't see any AV7 there. Cam Smith was the standout of the entire SWL this season.

The Duke Snakefield Medal:
Awarded to the best player during the season on the Premiership winning team. This medal represents individual leadership in the quest for SWL's greatest piece of silverware; the SWL Premiership Trophy.

The recipient of The Duke Snakefield Medal

Tonbo
The captain of the Fukoka Fireflies, Tonbo lead the team to the Premiership this season with agility, speed and strength unrivalled by any of her team-mates. Tonbo got 3 touchdowns, inflicted 2 casualties and achieved the highest spp in the Premiership on 23.

In Addition to the SWL Awards, the ceremony will induct players, coaches and teams into the new SWL Hall of Fame. Induction into the SWL Hall of Fame is the greatest honour a player, coach or team can receive and is specially reserved for those who have had a significant impact on the SWL and it's history.

Eligibility:A player or team is only eligible for the hall of fame if they have been inactive (via retirement or death) in the SWL League for at least 3 seasons. Coaches may be inducted at any time, even if they are still active.
Nominations: Fans or players can nominate eligible SWL Hall of Fame inductees via PM to myself during the course of the season. This PM must provide a link to the player, team or coach the person wishes to nominate and can optionally contain a few reasons why the nominee should be selected.
Selection: The selection committee meets at the conclusion of the season to go through the nominees and choose the recipients of the Hall of Fame induction. Only three players, two teams and one coach maximum may be selected for the Hall of Fame each season. Previous nominations will carry over to the next season for possible selection.
Inductees: The selected players, teams and coaches will then be officially inducted into the SWL Hall of Fame.

Hall of Fame Class of XXXVII

Players:

Eth'el:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1565937
What a zombie! 157 games, 36 casualties, 1 pass, 1 td, 11 MVP's, a record setting 925 blocks, 131 spp. Eth'el's strength and skill is unheard of for a zombie, surviving a record 157 games in the afterlife.

Duskwind Strongarm:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2415328
A strength 4, agility 5 dark elf thrower who made the record equalling 79 completions for a 336 total passing yards, also a record equalling feat with a separate player. In the normally unfriendly throwing environment of SWL, Duskwind Strongarm is the best, leading his team to a Premiership title on the way.

Xies-ler-aym:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1147042
109 games as an agility 4 skink, this player was a star. 186 SPP including 38 touchdowns, he is 4th on the all time rushing list, 6th in touchdowns, and 7th in total SPP. Most notably, he was known for his ability to support the team and guide them to victory with a certain grace that lead to the development of a team capable of taking the title.

Teams:

Slumbering Skink
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=30941
257 games in the SWL, more than any other team and a record equalling three Premiership titles. When one thinks of SWL, they think of Slumbering Skink. A coach doesn't count till they've played the skinks. Producing some of the greatest games and rivalries in the SWL, HOF status is very well deserved.

Zen Adepts
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=23941
The first (and still to this day only one of two) team to get three Premiership titles as well as a host of other accolades. With 75/39/42 record against some of the toughest teams in SWL, one can only imagine what that might look like if they were still playing to this day.

Coach:

Snorri
His contributions to the SWL as a player, administrator and strategist are unrivalled. When a new coach joins SWL, Snorri is the benchmark, its as simple as that. Winning 4 titles with three separate teams it is clear that Snorri is among the top handful of coaches to ever grace the SWL. Hanging up the boots as of the end of this season, it is a fitting time to recognise Snorri's contribution with induction to the SWL Hall of Fame, he will be missed.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm honored to the be Rising Star! I've only very recently (last 200 games or so) decided that I'm really good, and sometimes I still doubt that. Could be a huge lucker, right? I'm really excited about next season in conference. I'm going to do my best to make it a hot spot and get a shot at the top in premier!
Patrician

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work Tomay and congrats to all the winners.

Round 7 - Axe update

Blax Landric Conference

nebji vs Smegish - Smeg emails, forfeit to Smeg

harvestmouse vs Irgy - harvest's computer issues force him to forfeit.

Zen Adepts Regional

relaxed_dave vs bushy2008 - email from dave, fofeit to dave.

aaaaaand....that's all folks!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:

Congrats Oryx.

Was very tounge in cheek. Winning a tittle with Zons is a huge effort and I am actually quite amazed that it has happened so frequently compared to other races.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of it is the lack of a really dominant dwarf or chaos dwarf team at the moment.

Grats to All the SWL Award winners and to the HOF inductees, especially snorri.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The year Laviak won the title (or rather the year I lost it!) he had to contend with the Red Star Strikers and did fine.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:

Congrats Oryx.

Oops - that seems a bit premeditated. Congrats anyway, but to get it right:

Congrats Olgrot.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

so did I, i beat the strikers no worries and a few cd's on the way

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All - Been a long time!

Heard about the Zen Adepts getting into the HOF - am honoured that they are still remembered let alone mentioned in the same breathe as a Hall of Fame Smile

I think its a testament to all the great coaches involved in the SWL who have kept it alive for 37(!!!) seasons -Good game, Good times, Great People!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You should come back flo =) I haven't gotten to play you, yet.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2010 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd round draft:
Pitar: Norse
DanielM: Halflings

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2010 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

First, i'd just like to say thanks to everyone for congratulating the Fireflies on their title win Very Happy

And secondly to say Im amazed and honored to recieve the Coach of the season award (amongst others). Its given me a real boost to keep playing. Whether deserved or not (I can think of at least 2 other coaches that equally desreved it) I thank all who considered my coaching worthy of it.

As for next season, I think ive swung back around to abut 70/30 in favour of defending the crown. If I decide to park i'll mail by the end of the weekend.

Looks to be a lot bloodier season upcoming with both Khem teams back and some orcsies to boot!
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2010 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

parking? i think not! get back in there boy.
 Jump to: