13 coaches online • Server time: 06:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, just figured it was worth raising again as we've got a few notable parks coming up for this season with Daudy and Barre parking their long term legend legacy teams. I'd like to see them stored and able to come back if necessary and I think it will make drafting decisions a lot easier for good players in the future.

I do understand the additional administrative requirement however and would suggest that maybe a limit on parking. Perhaps only for teams that have played 5 seasons, or teams that have made it to Prem or both, maybe something along those lines
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
So what if Irgy and I park? That caps darkies at 1?
What if GNW then wants to come back?
What if OB wants to come back? Does he get to legacy Mort Volente? That would make 2 Chaos spots... Would we then have a playoff match between BeeRTrucK and DrPoods, loser leaves town?

I'd suggest the low admin impact way of doing it is just let people unpark even if there isn't a slot. Now that we're above 32 it has much less impact than when we were below. Don't hold a slot for legacies, give it away and allow returning legacies go over the threshold. It really doesn't function any different to people parking and giving up for a few seasons to go do other things and it might be better for player retention if we're seeing burnout in the 5+ season veteran teams.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The parking system isn't changing to allow coaches to park a team, then start a new team, then bring back their old parked team.

All admins are in agreement about this, after carefully considering the positives and negatives. I won't be discussing it any further on this forum.

So it isn't going to change any time soon and posting about it is a waste of time. Waste your time if you must.....
tribalsinner

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If we are going to waste time then I have this idea about the timeout button.... Hehe just kidding.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to waste my time if it's for a good cause Wink

The idea being that SWL does not profit from losing veteran teams, and that "team parking" reduces coach fatigue by letting us try something new.

So here's a suggested framework that lets an SWL coach start a new team without trashing his old team for all eternity:
    - Each coach can at any time have 1 team with 70+ games parked (i.e. 10+ seasons)
    - Parking frees up 1 slot in the relevant racial quota
    - A team can only return to SWL when racial quota allows (i.e. the coach must successfully draft that race)
    - Possible rule: The team loses all cash and re-rolls due to loss of revenues and lack of practice.

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %05, %2014 - %09:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

When starteth new season?

Oscar Wilde
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would to like possibly add in teams that have reached prem as well. I would say this as my zon team Daughters of the Song have reached prem but they have only did so with less then 30 games played.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
I like to waste my time if it's for a good cause Wink

The idea being that SWL does not profit from losing veteran teams, and that "team parking" reduces coach fatigue by letting us try something new.

So here's a suggested framework that lets an SWL coach start a new team without trashing his old team for all eternity:
    - Each coach can at any time have 1 team with 70+ games parked (i.e. 10+ seasons)
    - Parking frees up 1 slot in the relevant racial quota
    - A team can only return to SWL when racial quota allows (i.e. the coach must successfully draft that race)
    - Possible rule: The team loses all cash and re-rolls due to loss of revenues and lack of practice.

I agree with all of this.

But sounds like it's not being entertained at all.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

All I will say is that I don't like it, but IF it was allowed the racial restriction should not count the parked team, meaning if you want your legacy side back & there is already 3 of your race "too bad, you will have to wait" and then you redraft as per normal. And parked sides come back through the reggies.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a big fan of this idea as well. Is it at least worth doing a bit of a for/against amongst the players to see if the idea has a lot of support? As communicated to the admins earlier via PM I would love to have a couple of seasons of something a little bushier than Dark Elves, but it doesn't seem to encourage team longevity and creating a legend if the Darkstar Corsairs need to be retired then I need to create another new elf team entirely after a few seasons of something else.

Tomay was pretty clear on his reasons and thanks for communicating them, even if the admins weren't willing to discuss it, however I still feel it warrants discussion if there is support amongst the players.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Also I don't feel parked teams should get priority in coming back.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:

Tomay was pretty clear on his reasons and thanks for communicating them, even if the admins weren't willing to discuss it, however I still feel it warrants discussion if there is support amongst the players.

We have discussed it at great length. Very recently.
polemarch

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL is not a democracy and with 55 seasons behind it there is a strong element of don't fix something which isn't broken.

Where else are you going to be able to develop a team over multiple seasons and unlimited games? Whilst I understand and to a certain extent agree with the sentiment of being able to park and bring back a legend team, I also think that one of the questions that everyone needs to ask is what are they playing for objective-wise? Is it to take a team and see where it goes, is it to build a team to win Prem or is it to churn something every 4-5 seasons? The issue with being able to park it makes it a little bit about having your cake and eating it too!! Which i don't think you should be able to do.

However my comments for the Admins. This is the second time in the last 3 seasons (?) that this discussion has come up again. I think it needs to wait another season or 2, but if more people start feeling this way, it might be worth a limited trial.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Being able to play in the league the way you feel like playing in it seems to be the most delicious kind of having your cake and eating it too.

I just don't see the benefit in making players feel like they are locked into a team instead of being able to mix it up every few seasons to keep it fresh. But meh, whatever, I can just go play ranked for that I guess
Foad

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm torn on this... I would totally be behind this, but I fear I wouldn't have the buy-in I have with my darkies if I knew I could just come back to them... I'd play them in a different way, and I don't know if that a good thing...

I think it would be a good idea insofar as I don't see a real down side for it and it works for other leagues (like TT leagues), but at the same time if it's been discussed by the smartest guys in the room, then I'm happy for a decision to be made and owned.

That said I can just imagine the discussion as it happened...

Tomay kicks in the door and seems and barges into the small smoke filled room.
"What's all this jibbajabba about a legacy team rule?". the baby oil glistening from his manly body as it slowly drips down onto his loincloth.
"I like it, I think we should go with it" comes a voice from the back of the table from behind a green translucent dealers visor and 70's sunglasses. "Unless it's Chavo's idea, it's not Chavo's idea is it?"
Sitting down the buff gladiator nods mutely, still curious at the concept of someone wanting to play a team for more than 5 seasons...
"Well screw it then, it's not happening" DC adds."I fear that man's beauty far too much"
Tomay glances around the room at the other figures in the cabal, "What say you Bobs?" he asks of the figure wearing nothing but studded black leather straps adorned by a headman's mask.
"It doesn't actually provide more heads for my axe, so I don't care" he replies edging his massive blade furtively with a whetstone.
"Luo?"
A mumbled voice is vaguely heard from the locked chest in the side of the room.
At last Tomay turns to Barre for the final opinion...
Sitting in the corner, Barre grins maniacally, pounding beetles with a bloodied rock in his hand he gives his reply... "Khuu, khuu, khuu..."

Jump to: