28 coaches online • Server time: 01:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Convince a friend to...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Red_Raven

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2009 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take the Ogres will make a team

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2009 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good. Go for it.

So are the Gobbos scared without their big buddies to back them up?

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2009 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres accepted and entered into the Statistic Spreadsheet.....

Just need Gobbos....

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2009 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I have applied for the goblin team ) assuming its still available .
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2009 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

wila.... You're in!!

full 21 teams wooohoo!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The Darwin Bowl Kicks Off :

Well the opening game of the tournament between the Beagle Babes and the Evolutionary Dead Enders was a bit of a disappointment, neither team took initiative and the game ended in a dull 0 -0 draw.

What started clearly in favour for the Evolutionary Dead Enders with 2 stuns, 2 KO's and a Kill (Apothecaried) off the line of scrimmage, ended up as a scrappy fight for the ball for the remainder of the half, the second half was equally as slow and neither coach made the most of their positions leading to the inevitable final score. With three turns ending on a double one and a further two failed dodges resulting in knockouts in the first half i was a little surprised to be called 'lucky' when a single double 1 prevented a ghoul from scoring on turn 8 of the first half.

All in all, despite the unlucky beginning there was no excuse not to capitalize on poor defending in the second half and win. Oh well, the Babes just need to try a little harder next time around, good luck to Shades SteelFist with his team throughout the tournament. ; )
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

it wasn't a double 1 it was a double skull and all I needed was a push, I also missed two pick ups which would have ended up with my players in a very good possession to guard him for the stalling TD. Plus a double down result in turn 7 off the second half left me too little time to get the late TD even though I had the ball and would have got the TD with just one extra turn.

The reason i said it was lucky for you is because all your failed rolls where in the mid field scramble for possession and position whilst all 3 off my fails where TD creating chances and if any one off them had got good dice it would have given me the win, Hence you get to ask your self;

"You feeling lucky punk, well do ya?"

and you get to answer it ............"Yes, very"

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In disputes like this its up to the team's final table positions to decide who is the better coach.. 'luck' is the refuge of losers.

We shall see ; )
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an empty empty spot in my team bio with the title - rival team , needless to say that spot has now been filled Smile

May the best Race win Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

First Experiment Results:
The first race analised has shown terrible signs of inadaptability.Maybe we are in front of a inevitable extinction.Or maybe we should change or methodology, because the experiments were too agressive.
When we introduced a tool in their group they showed a great interest, but their hability was poor in comparison with scientific´s.The introduction of new species like Harriet and the scientifics had very impacting consecences (lol 3 deaths and a niggle).
In conclussion, we have to say that we have discovered a specie with poor adaptability at changes in their environment.Maybe we are talking about an anachronistism.
(PD: Sorry mate about the dices.Maybe Nuffle doesn´t believe in the prevalence of high elves this time)
davo007

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

someone has retired already. what are we doing to combat this?
bicarbonateofsteve

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

its been fixed hes been replaced already..
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

3 deaths in the first game =/
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

also, i thought that: "Game deadlines will be every 7 days but if you can play quicker that would be grand." implied it would be round robin and not open play.
bicarbonateofsteve

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Beagles Game 2:

After that slow start against the Evolutionary Dead Enders, the babes confronted a team of 'fresh outa tha academy' gobbos for game 2. It was a success, for the important plays the luck was on the side of the Amazonians and they went out hitting hard, with half the greenskinks in the KO box for large peroids of play the Beagle Babes managed to take 2 over the Endzone, although bad rolls meant that a further 2 attempts, at the end of each half stopped the scoreline being twice that...

The Babes fiercest rivals: Evolutionary Dead Enders will not be happy with that victory and will look to equal it in their second fixture... : D
 Jump to: