41 coaches online • Server time: 10:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Molt

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Molt wrote:
Do you, DukeTyrion, take Nuffle's mum, to be your lawful wedded wife?

Yes Molt, I do Wink

Hmm i see what you mean Tyrion

Its not the client that slows me down its the difficulty of trying to play more experienced opponents that put my ball carrier under constant pressure, tie up my most valuable players and/or beat them to a pulp Sad
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

same here molt.
if im not in that situation then im quite fast. if im on the offensive then im around 1 and half to 2 mins. i will play as fast as possible but if i keep getting bugged to play faster then i offer to reload game game at a later time unless they want to concede!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Hogshine wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
WG|Dark_Angel wrote:
I see.

I will blacklist you then. You're the first, by the way.

Wow, talk about the toys being thrown out of the pram Razz

Better Blacklist me too, I sometimes foul indiscriminantly all the time. Especially T16, if you've left me a DP on the pitch. If you don't want me to T16 foul you, you should've tried harder to either kill my DPs before, or get them all ejected.

I like to eat cookies during my turn and often get bored towards the end of the game, so I get dressed up as a cowboy and dance around like a loon for 10 minutes before finishing my last turn.

Erm, Hogshine ... are you single?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes. Wink Wink
Archevol

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hooray! A new angry thread! Let's see if we can get it to ten pages... Cool

I do feel sorry for the better coaches on the site. I don't doubt that they get a fair few longer-than-average games. I'm sure I've spent extra time trying to shore up my tattered defence, desperately hoping that I've somehow missed something inspirational.

However, I think that anyone who demands quick turns should either have made more time for the allotted c. 90mins (and apologise that they're putting pressure on their opponent), or they should simply accept that they are flat-pitch bullies looking to pressure their opposition into an unnecessary mistake.

Smacks of tactics to me...
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
3 minutes is fine. Once you get more experienced you will play faster.

I think he meant 3 minutes per turn, not per game Wink

That said, 3 minutes per turn is a plodding pace for a game. If that's your thing, or that's the pace you're comfortable playing at, fine.

That said, the 4 minute rule is from the tabletop game and it's been imported directly to the client. It allows for manual calculations of blocks, passing, etc, looking up skills on either player's roster, and actually moving minis around (which can be cumbersome in a big scrum).

At some point in the transition from "Total Noob" to "I Think I've Got the Hang of This" your average turn should probably start taking under 2 minutes (number pulled from backside, of course). A couple complicated turns a game going longer is understandable, but if you never take a turn less than 3 minutes, you're bound to frustrate some people, just like a person driving 5 mph under the speed limit on a one-lane road. (note: both are well within their rights and may also have mitigating circumstances, but you will still be cursing at them)
Naru1981

Post 7 Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i wont hurry my turns for anyone. if i can go faster i will but if i need to take my time to think over moves then im afaid 3-4 mins it is. simple message when offering or requesting game about turn speed would stop all this. its not every turn i take 3 mins. its about 2 1/2 to be fair but i still dont see the problem! i have offered to reload game at later time if they in a hurry and i conceded once but never get a thx so dont bother now. i enjoy the game when both coaches having fun but when this starts it loses the fun factor for me! Sad
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Play at your own speed.
We play LRB4 here and that allows 4mins per turn I believe, TT or not.

If anyone wishes to place a time restriction on opponents then they should note that in their bios, and/or avoid divisions they can't pick in.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Sera! Nice to see an experienced High CR coach sticking up for others rather than just looking out for his own interests.

Arthas85

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Take your time to play. Rules allow you to use 4 minutes, so you don't have to fasten your turn, moreover when it's a crucial one for you.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

bobafettsmum wrote:
Well said Sera! Nice to see an experienced High CR coach sticking up for others rather than just looking out for his own interests.

Well said Boba! Nice to see a low CR coach acknowledge the possibility, that a High CR coach might be a decent person. Even though you implied that all other High CR coaches are selfish bastards looking for their own gain only.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also a selfish bastard. Taking 4 minutes allows me more time to berate and insult _you_. Razz

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy is so fast, it is intimidating. I try to be fast, but, he makes me feel like a turtle.

Oscar Wilde
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock won this thread on page 1.
Nothing more to see.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Slow players should wear a big yellow sta....Oh wait, let's not go there.
Slow play canbe fine sometimes, but not when there aint anything difficult to do.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

3 mins per turn is pretty slow, but it's obviously allowed. On the other hand, so is avoiding slow players.
 Jump to: