33 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work Kalimar.
Not going to repeat what others have said.

Timestamp: I would like to be able to have timestamp in the chat window, that you can enable it or disable it. I just find it good to know when the other coach lasted posted a message to me.
Language support: I really like that their is Japanese language support in it. ??? Probably a small feature that most wont be using, but I simple love it Very Happy
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the reason you are seeing so many bug reports is that everyone loves what you have done and want to help you however we can. I say count every bug report as 'MAN WE LOVE THIS, THANK YOU!'
Royston

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not played yet, but I have specced for a brief period. I quickly forgot what was going on and just looked at the client features.

Looks awesome at the moment. Job very well done.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have yet to see a "this game sucks, i never win"-post...
For coming from an internetcommunity which gets to try a game, to have so much positive criticism (as i would count proper bug-reports) and no negative posts, you could bet that it is very well received by the audience.
skeletor

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have only mangenet to play a few games, and so far its been great. Of course we have too get use to it, but it make way for a faster game.

There is a few small things that i really like. Its cool that you can see how a player have been hurt, and the way you can swap betwem spectating and replay mode is soo sweet, things that i would newer have thourt about, but just make it a bit more fun.

What i really don´t understand is why that damm cuartin have too cover the players, if i kill a player i wanna see him every sekund of the game...makes me smile Smile

Hope that somone will make a set of icons soon, sorry i can´t do it, im a computer retard.

Don´t let the bugs bug you, for a so early produkt i think its great. Ski´s client have hat like a milion updates, im suprised how well it works.

Thanks for all your work
Skeletor
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

One more thing I would like to see

To be able to remember your password, so you dont have to write it each time. Would be cool
maysrill

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Best feature: no luck meter Smile

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for your kind words, really Smile Will think of those when I tackle that enormous pile of bugs you dropped at my door Wink
mubo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just used it for the first time, and can't wait for the second!
The kicking animation is awesome. As is the multi-square move thing. The ability to get match stats adds a lot I think; if people start moaning about casualties you can say "well I have made 220 blocks".
Not to mention it follows the rules, e.g. passes hand off actions etc.

One thing though is that I find it hard to see what the opponent has rolled. But I got used to where to look towards the end of the game.

Thanks for your hard work!
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

animations are great, so are features, playability... reload during set-up worked without problems...

me <3
lauth81

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the new client. Keep up the good work!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The spectating with instant replay is pure genius.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played my first game everything went well except for a crash but the restart was realy simple and worked great.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Im ultra conservative when it comes to my blockdice, and at the very least, I'd like you to change the red cross back to a skull. Saying you rolled doublecrosses is just not the same as saying you rolled doubleskulls. Also why I understand they are based off of impactminiatures dice, which can also be used for normal d6 dice, I think it just confuses people when there are different pushback icons (the 3 and 4 arrow versions). Theres no need for this in the client, as you will never use those dice for anything but blocking.

The dice were not intended to be modeled after Impact dice, I made them with just single push back arrows originally, but in talking to Kalimar, we decided on the pips style which has grown on me. The skulls were a no-go to make sure there was no confusion of FFB being any other game.

That said, if/once Kalimar adds support for modding images like the dice, I am sure some new sets will show up very quickly, even with skulls. Wink
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Best feature: no luck meter Smile

you know this means we will miss at least 5 threads with the potential of being thread of the year..... Very Happy
 Jump to: