12 coaches online • Server time: 06:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Toonie

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Who is the best coach in swl? Currently i say Barre.

Who is the most under-rated coach in swl? Dazedmw, i forsee him unforlorning orcs

Who is the most over-rated coach in swl? (remember you may meet them next season) nobody that comes to mind atm

Out of swl's current coaches who is the coach you would most enjoy defeating? Smegish, there are others i would love to defeat lol

Who is the former coach you would most like to see return to swl? so many, like Ozjesting,, Clayinfinity, Twahn etc.

Out of the newer players in swl, who do you think has the most potential? pyates or Dustbunny

Which player (as a member of a team) is the greatest player in swl history? Gone, he paved the way for all future legends

Which team is the greatest team in swl history? My Angry Asgardians, they just never clicked to win Prem, but could bash, pass, run and foul

Which coach do you most fear playing? none really

Which swl league match sticks out in your memory as the most enjoyable to spectate? there are too many to choose a single one, as each had different highlights that really stood out.

If there was one thing you would change about swl, what would it be? I'd have more emphasis on reggies for social games instead of ranked and the box, when reggies was at it's peak, nobody cared for playing anywhere else.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 10:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is only my 4th season so I'll leave the historical questions and ones needing more general insight (e.g. overrated underrated) alone

Who is the best coach in swl? Grumpsh (arrived same season as me and got Prem runner-up already - with a forlorn team)

Out of swl's current coaches who is the coach you would most enjoy defeating? RedMaul (3 shots, 3 failures)

Who is the former coach you would most like to see return to swl? Poods! (or Sandune)

Which coach do you most fear playing? Erickan (claw doesn't scare me, but 5 Legend Orc players do)

If there was one thing you would change about swl, what would it be? bring in Promotion-relegation playoffs
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Who is the best coach in swl? Probably Grumpsh or Dazed
Who is the most under-rated coach in swl? Pjj
Who is the most over-rated coach in swl? Tomay
Out of swl's current coaches who is the coach you would most enjoy defeating? Tomay Smile
Who is the former coach you would most like to see return to swl? Patrician
Out of the newer players in swl, who do you think has the most potential? Fortis
Which player (as a member of a team) is the greatest player in swl history? No idea, individual players tend to escape my attention.
Which team is the greatest team in swl history? If it can't be my own, then probably the skinks at this stage
Which coach do you most fear playing? None of you, you're no OB.
Which swl league match sticks out in your memory as the most enjoyable to spectate? Don't get the chance to spec many memorable ones now days
If there was one thing you would change about swl, what would it be? Where to start...
Barre

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Who is the best coach in swl? Faulcon, Relezite close second
Who is the most under-rated coach in swl? DDS
Who is the most over-rated coach in swl? 5 years in still the only one that rates himself, but still Tomay
Out of swl's current coaches who is the coach you would most enjoy defeating? Faulcon, because I know I've earned it
Who is the former coach you would most like to see return to swl? Patrician, PianoDan, danielcollins, eagle, erikekers, more... (Got my wish with Redmaul - he's so dreamy!)
Out of the newer players in swl, who do you think has the most potential? jevouse
Which player (as a member of a team) is the greatest player in swl history? Dean Douglas was always a mean Mino - just wouldn't go down!
Which team is the greatest team in swl history? Whalekillers have hit above their weight for a long time.
Which coach do you most fear playing? OB
Which swl league match sticks out in your memory as the most enjoyable to spectate? None stick out, tbh, seems to be a lot less close games since CRP
If there was one thing you would change about swl, what would it be? More open minded coaches about the pros and cons of admin decision making.. oops too serious.. less Tomays!

Last edited by Barre on %b %21, %2015 - %12:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This is most interesting, I too was confused by the initial answers as I didn't realise it was posted in 2010.

After I have a think, and have more time, I'll post my own.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2015 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I put a lot of thought into mine Smile

Who is the best coach in swl?
Active? It depends, when he's not tilting after a bad roll or two, Barre is pretty good. When he tries, Semitence is alright (though he really hasn't tried too much Razz). Both those things mean I give it to B2k, since he's done really well with the brave Norsemen. Faulcon is up there too, but I'm not sure whether it's because lizards are just a pain in the arse for me.

Who is the most under-rated coach in swl?
Semitence. He's got the forum/IRC bravado and I think he cares more than he lets on, but I think if he tried harder on occasion...

Who is the most over-rated coach in swl? (remember you may meet them next season)
I know there are no self nominations, but this is clearly me Wink I've never been the same since Tomay and others started including me as an expected top 3 finisher.

Out of swl's current coaches who is the coach you would most enjoy defeating?
Tomay, it's always interesting but I usually do win so... Wink

Who is the former coach you would most like to see return to swl?
Clay is the one that comes to mind for me.

Out of the newer players in swl, who do you think has the most potential?
Dustbunny, but is he really that new? Not in FUMBBL terms anyway.

Which player (as a member of a team) is the greatest player in swl history?
Martha the Stout (RIP). But actually in the CRP era/since I've been here, I'd say Fáelan the Fleet. Lots of incredible individual records (Night Patrol is ahead now in most stats with 18 more games to do so, but still behind in Running yards), but was often singlehandedly hoisting the otherwise average Ruffians to glory.

Which team is the greatest team in swl history?
Skinks, that longevity is incredible.

Which coach do you most fear playing?

Nobody really. I just really despise lizards and khemri, so I'm going to say Luo. More frustration than fear.

Which swl league match sticks out in your memory as the most enjoyable to spectate?

None really come to mind.

If there was one thing you would change about swl, what would it be?

Still not really a huge fan of this new Prem promotion/relegation system, but it's early days so we'll see.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2015 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod/B2K/Faulcon

Irgy/Tribal

Who is the most over-rated coach in swl?
Barre

Bobs/Faulcon/Daudy

Danielcollins, Shane70, Snorri, Patrician, ClayInfinity, Erikekers, Gumbi

DazedMW/Jevouse/Heretek

The Duke!

Slumbering Skink

Erikekers but now probably Bobs because Nuffle always decides it.

Which swl league match sticks out in your memory as the most enjoyable to spectate?
Faulcons stuff up vs B2K a few seasons ago was great but nothing beats OldBugman vs Erikekers with the two Monster Chaos teams laden with RSC and Claw where OB threw away a title to get a foul in. Also, the URN games.

Everyone abiding by the old school SWL Spirit and way of doing things rather than attempts to bend and break rules or force admins hands.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2015 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My data is skewed by my TT perceptions so i apologise.

Who is the best coach in swl? D'Aquebus, Tribalsinner, Dazedmw
Who is the most under-rated coach in swl? Tyranid
Who is the most over-rated coach in swl? Faulcon
Out of swl's current coaches who is the coach you would most enjoy defeating? Faulcon, Relezite, Chavo
Who is the former coach you would most like to see return to swl? was Doubleskulls in SWL? PianoDan, DC
Out of the newer players in swl, who do you think has the most potential? Semitence may not be new but i think he has improvement in him and will be great once he realises his potential.
Which player (as a member of a team) is the greatest player in swl history? I'm not old enough to comment past the abomninal snowman
Which team is the greatest team in swl history? Once again new but Slumbering Skinks
Which coach do you most fear playing? Tribal always kills players whether it makes sense or not.
Which swl league match sticks out in your memory as the most enjoyable to spectate? Anything involving the fun police.
If there was one thing you would change about swl, what would it be? Too new, but i'd like to see a repocharge for prem to conf aka Dazedmw and redgums suggestion.

Also some people who arent me have been getting "some" of the tawnlow awards. This needs to stop

Last edited by Samaranthae on %b %23, %2015 - %14:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently? I'd have to say Balle2k, based on a threepeat with Norse. What a champion!

I have two contenders here: Irgy and eganra. Irgy is a quality, consistent coach, and anyone who runs rats into the ground only to build them up to a competitive level a season or so later (season after season after season) deserves a nod.

Who is the most over-rated coach in swl? (remember you may meet them next season)
Easily this is currently Barre. Kudos for the prem titles, but cheesedorfs man, cmon!

Tomay! Like it or not, he still has a ridiculous win/loss over me

I really miss harvestmouse: chat was good, and he had fun ideas. Plus the Stallions!
Also, Poods should stop sulking and come back Wink

Going with a very new player in tussock. Entering a league with gobbos? Madness or Genius...

It's still the Duke, people.

For sheer longevity, the Skink.
For recent efforts, Wonga Wonga. Those guys know how to play AND how to party.

No one coach, really - The Sphinxes fear no man! But they really don't like elves with wizards, so that.

I don't get much time to spec these days, but my most recent fun memory was the CD mirror from the opening round of Prem LIX. I feel like I remember an awful lot of faffing about from two powerhouses. Typical Basher pillowfight.

I might be biased, but I liked Tomay's suggestion. Also, more people should play more fringe, and write more fluff - big thanks to those of you who are leading the Fluff charge at present (ramchop, cdwat, DDS, Toonie especially jump to mind).

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2015 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to compare, but Grumpsh, Dazedmw, B2K, and Faulcon stand out.

Luo! He keeps mincing my players. But the consolation is that I have a 3/0/1 record over the Sphinxes Cool

The guy that redmaul threatened to poop on.

Dustbunny seems pretty good, is he new or returning?

Since I've been playing SWL, François Englert seems the standout.

Slumbering Skink.

Dorfs tend to do me in. So Grod & Redmaul I suppose.

Outlawing team bios that are super long that aren't hideable with a button. Looking at you Faulcon.

Bio template here.
 Jump to: