10 coaches online • Server time: 05:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

it hurts darkies a lot with those 4 100k blitzers and 2 110k witches.

Also, without players like the duke and gone to bloat teams, it makes it much easier.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Against all odds, I beat harvestmouse's stalingrad white stallions 2-1 today =o http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3050296 I'm very happy; I have no business beating a tried and true veteran such as hm. Truthfully we luckered each other. The first half was all his, and the second half was all mine.

Quite a bloody game! Apothecary failed (one blodge gutter runner bites the dust), and thankfully (praise nuffle!) my niggled lineman absorbed the second rip. Both storm vermin are mng, -av for the tackler, and next game will be much harder without them (although luckily I'm up against dc's goblins. While they're still deadly, they're probably one of the softer of the matches that I could have been faced with).

I did some major damage to the stallions, rip'ing both the ogre (who was apo'd) and a rookie blitzer. I permanently weakened oleg demiev, the [previously] more useful of their two catchers, and mng'd both the other catcher and a blodge lineman. With low winnings on both sides (10k for hm, and only 30k for me), it's a rough start to the season for both teams.

On the bright side, out of my 4 skills I rolled 3 doubles. 1 of them is on the niggled gutter runner, but with the death of my other gutter runner I'm happy to have the skills for now, even knowing that he's doomed to retirement someday. Hopefully he'll absorb a rip soon and I can rejoice anew.

Well, that's all for now. I hadn't really intended a report when I started. Cheers to harvestmouse, who was a jolly sport even as I systematically took his team apart and scored 2 td's to win the game in the second half (including a perfectly timed perfect defense).
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
it hurts darkies a lot with those 4 100k blitzers and 2 110k witches.

Also, without players like the duke and gone to bloat teams, it makes it much easier.

Yeah, it is a little painful. Hence why none of my Blitzers are all that old, they have a habit of being first to cull, and late joiners. My biggest so far on the team was YikYik, 51 spp retired to make my cull all the easier. Lets hope to go to prem, so we don't have to cull again next season (except for when we play Mort :S)
Patrician

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd point to Smeg's team as one where the culls are starting to bite. 10 players, only 2 RR....ouch.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Carrying 3 100 spp players is the problem there.
Thats half your limit gone

Barre

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well clearly the Really High Elves need to run 2 sets of books..

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Well clearly the Really High Elves need to run 2 sets of books..

I'd be more worried about Miyuso\s team doing that. Wink
Patrician

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope Nues Limited are providing plenty of incentives Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2010 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I hear he is swapping his players between his teams, Word is Ingliss is headed to the Boncos.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2010 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let people know that with luck, me and drok will be playing our game Tursday night at 7 pm syd time. So for those of you that love seeing blood flying then tune in for a game that is sure to contain a lot of it. Oh there will be minor ball related shinangins as well.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

DaemonicLazoth wrote:
Just to let people know that with luck, me and drok will be playing our game Tursday night at 7 pm syd time. So for those of you that love seeing blood flying then tune in for a game that is sure to contain a lot of it. Oh there will be minor ball related shinangins as well.

Minor Ball Related Shenanigans? Watchutalkingboutwillis?
Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

De plane ! De plane !

Sorry, thought we were doing short guy jokes.

Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok just for the sake of it I will start using this forum for tentative game dates.
If someone thinks elsewhere is better let me know.
Maybe even to the point of starting a new ongoing forum in the style of SWL Channel BB
Im aware of the Scheduler on the SWL website but as these aren't (and often they never are)
concrete dates for playing i'd rather do it here.
I also dont expect my opponents to feel Im finger pointing if they cant make it at these times

Vs German Vermin Thursday 12th 18:00

Vs Mort Avaritia Friday 13th 22:00

Feel free to jump on the bandwagon Wink
Patrician

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No dates for me yet, but like it bob.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i'm looking for expressions of interest for a new league for SWL coaches.
It will be a random skills league, but to equal out with teams like norse, dwarfs and chaos dwarfs, linemen will be able to choose block as a first skill.