52 coaches online • Server time: 18:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No, no, well said thmbscrws. I too have left cherry-picking behind. Though I would like this thread to stay close to the topic, I guess it won't, but oh, well, c'est la vie. Smile

JoeKano

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i have played now 4 games with my pro elves, miraculously still have a team left, have played dwarves three times and orcs once < btw pred, hows your m8 coming along, he was skilling up nicely last i saw> and quite frankly would really like to play something not so bashy for once.....and its the same for my fling team. I gotta stop acepting the challenges from these guys but i feel rude if i say no and then type bb lfg again s i don't turn em down unless i get a couple offers at the same time.

Mind you if i know a player has a rep as a Fouler i will turn him down because i don't like it. I have no issues with clean hits causing casualties but if im offered agame and i check the team and it has a dirty player. frankly i will , based on past experiences, tell im to take his dirty f***ing rear end and ****off. What weak fool player feels they need to foul halflings anyway...................

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

halflings are fun to foul cuz they are the squishiest

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't foul the halflings, you foul the trees or any grandfathered in ogres. Ohh i tkae that back you also foul any flings with agility or str increases or doubles rolls. Ohh and flings that have sidestep and diving tackle, thats anoying. But foul a fling that has no skills or just +1 mv or sprint or something silly, that would be wrong. Wink
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a turndown, but the rudest acceptance ive had for a turndown happened today.

I was offered a game with their 121/121 dwarves vs my 116/90 khemri. I turned it down because i didnt want to give away 30 ts points with a newbie team and they got very abusive,in the end telling me to f*** off and that they didnt want to play with me anyway.

Some people get far too emotional over a game.
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Not wanting to make this a thread on chaos tactics, you are 100% right, i do need a dirty player, but i just can't seem to find a player that i want to give the skill too, if i give it to a beastman that already has 2 or three skills then theres a good chance that he will get ejected. If i give it to a rookie beast i will have to leave a player with 2+ skills on the bench. Kinda a tough call to make for me, not sure what to do with them at the moment.

Give a dp to one of your beastmen who just has block/guard. You have a ton of guard at the moment. I don't think that it will matter vs most teams if a single one of your seven guard players gets ejected, especially if he takes out your opponent's best player in the process. Plus, it won't take more than a few more games to get some more block/guard beastmen to make up for the one that might get ejected.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

On the subject of competitive Khemri and scoring TD's these are mine, although only 5 or so games old a positive start I'm sure you'll agree

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=46646

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if I seem a noob here, but what does "bb lfg" means ?
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bowl Bot Looking For Games

SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I also have another one: someone was asked to play his gobbos vs their khemri, he was missing 4 players, and so said, "What kinda crack you smoking?!" So, I noticed his amazon team only had 11 players with none missing, and asked him to play a match with my khemri. He said, "That was almost stupid enough to get the crack-smoking reply." I felt bad because it wasn't stupid enough. Wink

SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this thread can ALSO be used to tell about the rudest turndown GIVEN, hope this will bring more replies related to the topic. Smile

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
You don't foul the halflings, you foul the trees or any grandfathered in ogres. Ohh i tkae that back you also foul any flings with agility or str increases or doubles rolls. Ohh and flings that have sidestep and diving tackle, thats anoying. But foul a fling that has no skills or just +1 mv or sprint or something silly, that would be wrong. Wink

But they still make the same funny "Squish"-sound as the other ones when swatted, don't they? Wink
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually no, halfings make a variety of differant squish sounds when swatted as any true conouseur of halfing flesh can tell you. Not only does the manner of the swatting affect the "squish" but also the composition of the fling in question has a lot to do with it. So in conclusion, while it is satisfying to obliterate a normal fling, one of the aformentioned "special" flings will leave you with a much warmer feeling inside when you kill it. I hope that sums up the ethics of fling fouling for everyone. Very Happy
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Though nothing compares to the senseless turn 8 "squish" of that innocent defenceless little bugger lying face down in the mud in his first (and last) game merging with the final whistle. You owe it to the fans! Wink
Afro

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I had some sort of a strange turndown today. Someone with a Khemri Team was lfg and i was thinking this could get my orcs (with similar TR/TS) a little higher in the Lol, so i offered him a match. He agreed, and shortly after getting my IP, he disconnected. A few minutes later, he reconnected and asked again for my IP, and again I gave him the adress. And the waiting began .... After a few minutes and some questions about what might have happened (without answer, of course), i saw him playing another opponent, and i didn't get any answer until now. Well, this really wasn't a turndown, more like a "ignoring-on-the-way-to-a-match". Maybe we need to have a thread with that name in the near future Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: