37 coaches online • Server time: 17:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you image Box style stunty right now...make CLPOMB chaos look like a walk in the park.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

polardragon wrote:
Yeah Whatball, I am lookin' at *you*. I'll see your 2 Fanatics and raise you a Deathroller and a pair of Mechavermin.

Laughing

Bring it on! \o/

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In all seriousness, here is what I would suggest for now:

1. Give all the SW players SW. 90% of the problem solved, and when the FFB team is able to implement whatever Shadow has in mind for bribes, etc, then it can be altered.

2. Give all the B&Cs No Hands and AV1. AV1! You're mad they say. I say no sir, because any B&C that goes down is automatically supposed to roll injury (no armour) and treat stuns as KOs. This will ensure they are at least stunned, and likely KO'ed anyway. The B&C can still move freely versus the random direction, but it gets them a lot closer to the intended player. The huge downside to this is Stab (and saws), but it is the best compromise I think, given stabbers and saws should have SW too. I think the pros and cons balance out until B&C is properly implemented.

3. And get rid of regen on those C'Fling minos. Doesn't fit the fluff and is just silly. We CAS'd a mino 3 times one game, and he kept coming back. Finally got wise and KO'ed him. Wink Seriously though, no regen on Chaos Minos.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry WhatBall - MY chaos minotaurs don't have regen. Seriously, they have never passed a regen check, of the 7 they have taken so far.

However, from a balance standpoint, I do think they need the regen - the whole team has virtually no armour, compared to any other team in the league. So if you CAN get any kind of bash game against them running, they get short manned real fast; and they need either saws (which ought to have some sort of secret weapon limiting them) or minotaurs to present any threat - so if 3 or 4 of them are off before the second half, there isn't a team left. Regen keeps that balanced (assuming secret weapons work right).
DaveH

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Having just faced a tackle/po death roller i can safely say they're pretty lethal - the only real problem I see with them is the lack of SW and the AV10 makes it pretty hard to get off the pitch - apart from that they're no different than anyone with tackle/po would be

As for B&C I have to say they're a bit much at the moment - I've had a quick look at the crp manual and it doesn't seem to mention the old lrb4 rules of them possibly dying at the end of every move which i could see as causing problems once they're implemented without SW - as it stands now though they're seriously overpowered imho!

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not playing stunty til the SW comes back. just (too) silly atm.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think grandfathering and retiring players in such a small division would be counter-productive. I really think 7s was hurt by dividing up old and new. And in Stunty, players will die fast enough.

I suggest ducking the broken teams for now. I had some fun with cheaters, but am putting them aside for now until SW and other skills are implemented. And for the record, I never tried to run the ball with a fanatic. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

For what it's worth I think the main problem at the moment is ball and chain. Under the CRP skill the fanatic is totally random and although it has possibility of blocking multiple times a turn it rarely works out that way. Also there is the SW aspect and the fact that if you get a fanatic on the floor for any reason it is automatically off with at least a KO.

I can live without chainsaws and the like not getting sent off, I feel it's quite in keeping with the overall Stunty Division ethos. However, a fanatic that can move and blitz where it wants and even carry the ball, seems a bit much.

That death roller from hell could do with SW me thinks. Or alternatively allow it to play on my gnoblar team. Every game the Ironguts AV10 is broken and he gets injured, so that would be a sure way to get rid of it. Laughing

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

no, the main problem is non-SW chainsaws...

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am currently synchronizing with Shadow on this issue (we've talked before). Most likely I will add a new "Cheater" skill that works on Secret Weapon ejections like Regeneration does on Injuries. It gives a 50% chance for the Secret Weapon to stay in the game. Something like a "personal bribe". This is still awaiting the ok of the league comissioner, though. So keep your fingers crossed Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Make cheater work like the old secret weapon rolls please. They were perfect Very Happy

Plus you shouldn't have a 50% chance for a Bazooka and a Ball and Chain for example, Ball and Chain is far better. Smile
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but Garion that can be changed in pricing if it's easier for Kalimar to code and/or it's what they decide they want to code. I think a lot could be fixed with better pricing.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think it would be any harder to code. It is just a 2 dice roll, above something means they are sent off.

Not much different to roll 1 dice 4, 5, or 6 they are sent off.

Simples.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem is there is no numeric value for skills in the model (and the Fumbbl XML). Either you have a skill or you don't.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds very cool.

Jump to: