93 coaches online • Server time: 21:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Roland wrote:
in NTBB the goblins have river trolls, which don't have loner and comes with FA and TS ;D

yup I know Rolling Eyes god that rule set gets worse every time he makes a change. removing loner is obvious and it should never have been on them in the first place. But FA and thick skull is really bad. Also they have leader on the rookie chaos minotaur Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

so bad!

yeah, but FA and TS for the same price is not so bad Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Garion then you would be able to create a monster with 6 movement, add 2 gfi and he has 8 blocks. I too find it frustrating at times with only m3, but you need to balance him for the legend role too. I would believe the extra movement would make him really good. I would rather have him make an armour role then, if he pass it he stays on the pitch. Would require some kind of dice roll to get up and going, be it 4+, 5+ or 6+.

Personally I would love to see an Ma6 fanatic Very Happy

that would be awesome!

I really don't see the problem with Ma4 though. The chances of him getting 2x +Ma is very unlikely, plus if they were doubles people would almost always take block tackle and pro over Ma anyway. If someone did get Ma6 fanatic and paid the 60tv plus what ever other skills he had then that would be cool imo, and costed fairly. Also having Ma6 could be detrimental too, because he cannot stop moving until he has used all his natural Ma up, if he has to use a RR early in the Ma6 sequence then he could be in real trouble. I really don't see a problem here tbh.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
I've only played Gobs in a league, but yeah, unarguably many of your points are valid. But teams like this suggest they aren't quite as lost a cause as all that.

Very good picker thats all

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Garion then you would be able to create a monster with 6 movement, add 2 gfi and he has 8 blocks. I too find it frustrating at times with only m3, but you need to balance him for the legend role too. I would believe the extra movement would make him really good.

Xnoelx, I like your idea on paper, but not actually play. The more reliable and the move movement he has, the more dangerous and annoying it is to play vs him. I have had turns with my Fanatic hitting and knocking down at least 3+ guys.

I have to disagree with you here. Anyone that have played the Stunty Leegs Snotling team knows how extremely unreliable a B&C can be. Some games you get that magic 3 blocks in one move, but most games the B&C isn't doing much good. My TT snotling team Drive-By Kings have proven how utterly worthless B&C can be. A MA6 B&C rarely gets to play more than a few turns each game and sometimes wont even hit the opponent.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
xnoelx wrote:
I've only played Gobs in a league, but yeah, unarguably many of your points are valid. But teams like this suggest they aren't quite as lost a cause as all that.

jeez Dan Da Man give it a rest.....

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I think that goblin team played a lot of matches under the old rules.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Although I think that goblin team played a lot of matches under the old rules.

It did, it was an lrb2 goblin team when the trolls had G access and fouling gave spp Razz

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling giving spps was simply the best.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't take a bombardier how will you ever have a hail mary pass bombardier?

Beerox

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't played them on fumbbl, but I've played them.

Loner on the Trolls makes them unplayable IMO.
Fail a troll block while your gobs are marked up, and you're done for.
There's not really a safe first action a lot of the time.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, exactly that, and more reason why rookie team with morg or ripper induced is better than a skilled team. they give you 3 dice blocks without fear of RS or BH

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Inforthepain wrote:
Ehlers wrote:
Garion then you would be able to create a monster with 6 movement, add 2 gfi and he has 8 blocks. I too find it frustrating at times with only m3, but you need to balance him for the legend role too. I would believe the extra movement would make him really good.

Xnoelx, I like your idea on paper, but not actually play. The more reliable and the move movement he has, the more dangerous and annoying it is to play vs him. I have had turns with my Fanatic hitting and knocking down at least 3+ guys.

I have to disagree with you here. Anyone that have played the Stunty Leegs Snotling team knows how extremely unreliable a B&C can be. Some games you get that magic 3 blocks in one move, but most games the B&C isn't doing much good. My TT snotling team Drive-By Kings have proven how utterly worthless B&C can be. A MA6 B&C rarely gets to play more than a few turns each game and sometimes wont even hit the opponent.

And here we are talking about Regular blood bowl, not stunty bowl. There is a difference between those two games. So your point is not really valid IMO.

Fair enough Garion, as I said it is a matter of opinion. I would not say it is a nono, just would prefer he could tweaked in other areas.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

oh i do understand where you are coming from, another alternative would just be to move him back toward LRB4 where you were not allowed to block him. however in lrb4 you also had to move him first and after spinning if you rolled a 1 he strangled himself with the chains and died lol, so obviously not keeping that part Wink But I like the not being able to block him thing, it was cool Smile

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
xnoelx wrote:

That team was active mainly 8 years before you registered to this site. Trolls had G access, and PO gave armour roll bonus equal to the strenght of the player, so it was quite nasty. So it wasn't hard to play with trolls like that and win every once in a while. But yeah, you are entitled to have an opinion without any research or knowledge. I sure don't mind, this is a site where people are playing virtual teams with players that don't even exist, so it is sure serious business. So serious people like you should have serious opinions about it.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

lol nice one Smile