13 coaches online • Server time: 04:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Keep the team or delete?
Delete
23%
 23%  [ 14 ]
Keep
76%
 76%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 60

koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

It's either/or, not both!! 450k would definitely land you in hot water. So 240k for 2 positionals or 210k for 3 linos. Both of these are a rule of thumb, but you have a definitive figure there that you needn't go over.

He'll probably never actually have 450k Wink

You wouldn't have to replace 3 linos. Once you get past 240k you buy start buying linos to get you to 10 men.

At 10 men you'll be looking to get to around 380k to make the jump to 12 men. It's a bit less than 380k because you'll be expecting some winnings to top it up.

So really we're saying around 360k. And thats woods with expensive positionals and expensive linos.
That is if you can manage to build that big a bank roll in the first place.

harvestmouse wrote:

280k would be over that amount and certainly shouldn't be given as advice. That is all I am saying. I really don't want to be part of this topic as I really find giving a new player advice on the art of playing up to the line (FUMBBL rules) using a game rule as it was not intended but beneficial, really unappetizing. The whole topic and use is extremely damaging to the site.

Well, if the rookies keep getting beaten due to running weak teams that cannot compete, then we eventually end up with fewer rookies & fewer coaches all round. And/or more bash because they are easier to keep alive.

That must be a cue to plug a Rookie League Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

5 mighty blow shouldn't scare you, it's the number of T/MB and T/MB/PO players that is relevant.

Retire all permanent injuries on elf teams, unless it's a natural oneturner. Replacements are easy to skill up, and lower TV matches are more inviting. No need to retire the whole side for that.

No, you should retire the side because you screwed up your wardancers. Refer to the rule of 5 discussion thread for my suggestions on how to build them, as well as some counter arguments that I disagree with, but will still give you better results than diving tackle and catch.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That j-man abuse rule is the most ridiculous rule on this site.

Quite literally, it serves no useful purpose what so ever.

Honestly you should apply it to min/maxed teams that run with 11 players and 1 rr and a leader caddy. Then it would actually help instead of just being confusing and annoying to players who either want to work on a rebuild or play some bizarre sub-optimal project team.

And spare me the 'but but, what about abuse in tournaments!'. My god, if the tournament organizers cannot deal with the teams that apply they are in worse shape than this rule would would make any difference for.
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them! And play my Ogres!
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure the limit is 300k.

Looked into it when trying to rebuild a demolished skaven team once.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
I'm pretty sure the limit is 300k.

Looked into it when trying to rebuild a demolished skaven team once.

The limit is not fixed and skaven have cheaper linos & positionals than woods.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair. I can't really think of a situation where an elf or skaven team could get an advantage from using journeymen. Maybe dwarves or Norse?

It can be difficult to maintain a roster of 12 healthy players with AV7, but it's certainly miles better to play with 12 healthy elves than 8 of your own players and 3 loners. I'll usually hold off on buying replacement linemen until I can afford the 12th player, and then buy 3-4 linemen at once.

My understanding is that this is cool, so long as you don't bank more than 300k. It's certainly better than the alternative, which is routinely ducking teams with mighty blow so you can afford to keep the team going.

Even with this strategy, my elf teams tend to have less than 100k banked. This may be because I fire injured players rather than keep them around with their skill reductions. This gets pretty expensive, and loners are a fact of life from time to time.

Now, if you could hire a 12th JMan? I can think of a lot of ways I could abuse that... but having no bench and 3 loners with an AV7 team isn't something that helps you win games.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Fair. I can't really think of a situation where an elf or skaven team could get an advantage from using journeymen. Maybe dwarves or Norse?

I believe it is also to do with the rules where all teams must strive to be competitive, at least within the competitive divisions.

There have been times in the past where teams have allowed their squad to drop down to zero players, before buying an entire new roster. That was seem as non-competitive.

Having said that, my Wood Elves currently have 8 journeymen, so I am not sure how competitive they are any more ...
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Rat_Salat wrote:

I believe it is also to do with the rules where all teams must strive to be competitive, at least within the competitive divisions.

Indeed, and yet really cool project teams which are clearly not 'competitive' are encouraged and celebrated (as they should be) while idiotic min/max abuse is allowed to run rampant. Can't have both and claim you are enforcing a rule uniformly.

DukeTyrion wrote:
There have been times in the past where teams have allowed their squad to drop down to zero players, before buying an entire new roster. That was seem as non-competitive.

Yes, but the real question is why does anyone care? If someone wants to click through on 11 j-men that's abusive, but not because they are running j-men. If someone wants to actually play with 11 j-men while building up a bank, so freaking what?

DukeTyrion wrote:
Having said that, my Wood Elves currently have 8 journeymen, so I am not sure how competitive they are any more ...

Hehe, well there's the rub right? Can you even play them for entertainment anymore? Seems to me there should be a mechanism for replacing teams which are that beat up, since frequently it's about the name, not the players. You want to preserve the history of that team and continue to play them, but you can't, because you are stuck in low TV loner waste land.

Oh well, I guess you need to just retire them, or keep on adding that lone line elf who will get targeted every blitz since your opponent doesn't care about j-men. Maybe you should just play with zero rrs, then there'd be no reason to actually target the rostered player over the j-men Wink
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for all the replies, i will stick with this team and begin to work on phasing out the wardancer first , prob after the next game..

Also in reguards to people bending site rules would these teams http://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=784971 be a prime example off this?
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No because he has 11 permanent players. The journeyman is only replacing a mng.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No. That team is fine because the journeyman is only there to cover for the MNG player, so the team still has 11 permanent players on the roster.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have often commented during games on people who have capped their team, and have had quite a few people get upset or completely not respond, I thought it was just a cheap play regardless but is this actually a reportable offense? Being a rookie coach with bad teams i am often competing in games where the opponent will have a few superstars/ legends with jmen in play , with hundreds of thousands in the bank. Had a necro team coach who said he didn't do that yet deleted my player that he re-incarnated straight after the game to bump him back down to 11 players, * i think still with one j-men as i'd made another player miss the game. had i think over a million and 2 rr only. Should i report these kind off teams ?
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh ok
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

so it is not illegal to delete a player from roster ? with no injuries? just trying to understand the limitations
 Jump to: