54 coaches online • Server time: 20:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank Nuffle for the purity of Box
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
That roster is trash.

I'd prefer something with 4 Knights (5 4 3 9 Block, GS)

The regular human roster blows that out of the water.

It's like a bad version of Slann.
straume

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
These BB2 twitch streams are hilarious...

Rather bad form to point and laugh at new players at the game, imo.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

straume wrote:
licker wrote:

And people wonder why this place has got a reputation as elitists.

Taking digs at the game itself is fine, there are plenty of problems with Cyanide Bowl. But going around going "Hey, look how awful these new players are! Let's all laugh at them! What idiots" Is frankly awful.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

DE teams that start with 2 assassins, and because stab is the most powerful skill in the game.

People talking about how great Brets are because... well, I dunno, because they are new I guess?

Some guy explaining how chaos has no long term potential because horns loses value as other teams get skills...

Holy god, how can anyone stand it?

Yeah it's pretty funny how bad they are when they think they are hotshots.

To be fair, at low TV Brets are pretty good really. 8 Block/Wrestle goes a long way.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

straume wrote:
licker wrote:

Licker forgets what it's like to be new at anything. Age will do that to a person.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Loads of them are vets that have streamed BB1 for ages.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
Welcome Flashmax. I'm interested to know what the Brettonian team is made up of in regards to positionals, their skills, cost & reroll cost. Could you give us those answers here please?

Also, do make a team here & play so you'll have a good comparison on the two systems.

AKAIK they used plasmoid's team exactly.

not alot different than Toms roster:
https://fumbbl.com/help:BreT
just swap P for S access on the knight and 10k off RR
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I need to get my old man digs in before I am old. It keeps me young.
Flashmax

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys for the info and great tips. I thought that fumbbl was part of the Blood Bowl 2 game, just different forum, but I get it now, its own flash blood bowl game engine.

Answer to Nightbird: On the Blood Bowl 2 game that I played yesterday and will continue on playing. My Bretonnian team is made of 4 blitzers, 4 blockers, and 3 linemen. Opening position on the field is 3 linemen on the line then 2 squares back blockers and blizters offset pairs, so they are free to move after my linemen go down on the first move.

Overall team is expensive (Blitzer's mainly) and I only have enough Gold for 3 rerolls, and a couple other cards that only have an affect during kickoff.

I am disappointed to hear that the blitzers eventually suck due to no strength talent access. I might try out a different team, because gradually other teams advance more due more strength access and pound your weaker team to dust.

I may just try out the dwarf team. I also will try out fumbbl blood bowl style.

Thanks for all the help.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit of advice, Dwarfs are a bit of a tricky team as while they can do their one strategy very, very well, if that strategy falls apart they are generally left sitting still like a bunch of overly fat slugs.

For a new player, I almost hesitate to say it because of how cliche it is, but.. Orcs. You should probably start with Orcs. Or Humans.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Silent_Hastati wrote:
A bit of advice, Dwarfs are a bit of a tricky team as while they can do their one strategy very, very well, if that strategy falls apart they are generally left sitting still like a bunch of overly fat slugs.

For a new player, I almost hesitate to say it because of how cliche it is, but.. Orcs. You should probably start with Orcs. Or Humans.

yes, orcs/humans/undead/darkies are good to start with.
and read:
https://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch%21+of+Blood+Bowl%3A+A+Condensed+Guide+for+Newbies
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

straume wrote:
licker wrote:

Are those players here on FUMBBL?

If they were they would soon become better and not cause so much hilarity for the rest of us.

Sorry man, but the talent level displayed on the twitch streams, even from the 'good' players, is totally laughable.

Shots fired? I don't care, I'm not posting anything on cyanide forums, I'm not buying that game, you want to get a pound of flesh come to FUMBBL and find out for yourself.

@mrt

I'm not talking about 'new' players. I'm talking about streamers who claim to be good, who say they are giving good advice to help new players build their teams.

The guys in the chat are as bad, though they could be new players, I don't know. I just know when I see something ridiculous. Hell I've been very polite on the stream chats, I simply ask why they prefer whatever build they are espousing, and the answers are usually pure nonsense.

The only time I 'trolled' anyone was when there was crying about a T16 foul Smile
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am watching a stream, and I can confirm that Dump Off comps don't give spp in Cyanide... More shame for them
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Which stream?

I honestly think I would be pretty bad at BB2, because I just cannot cypher the interface. So used to being able to stick my own labels on all the players, makes it trivial to know where what skills are.

Is there any overlay possible for the players? I get you can customize their appearance to a degree, but from what I saw of BB1 that wasn't really enough to easily differentiate players, and you can only do that (obviously) for your team.
 Jump to: