68 coaches online • Server time: 22:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Replays
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
But a general rule of thumb is twice your most expensive player.

See, recently Woodstock wrote "three times your most expensive player" on another forum thread. This is one of the reasons why people get tied in knots over this rule all the time. Because the statements on what is or isn't allowed are contradictory. The other reason is that "applying common sense" is not helping with interpreting the rule, because common sense says the rule is pointless. At least my common sense does, and licker's, and huff's, and the common sense of many other experienced and reasonable coaches who have posted in one of the countless threads that have kept springing up about this on a monthly basis. If so many people who are not habitual trolls take issue with a rule, maybe that's a sign that the problem is not with the people, but actually with the rule? And maybe admins shouldn't be accusing coaches who are playing Box High Elves at high TV, and who are presenting their issue in a polite and reasonable way, of "blatant abuse"?

And if all that doesn't give you pause, consider: Of all people, pythrr is applauding you.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Pythrr is agreeing with site rules.

got a problem with site rules? I suggest sending the big C a PM.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
And maybe admins shouldn't be accusing coaches who are playing Box High Elves at high TV, and who are presenting their issue in a polite and reasonable way, of "blatant abuse"?

Also, serious reading fail.

Shadow was not accusing anyone of anything. Shadow did not report the HE OP. You should really stop attributing things to admins that they did not in fact ever say or do.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This site rule has certainly given you a wealth of opportunities to do what you like best.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
This site rule has certainly given you a wealth of opportunities to do what you like best.

excuse me?

what?

what are you accusing me of now?

I have no idea how this site rule has "given [me] a wealth of opportunities to" hang out in bars with cute women. that's just a weird accusation.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Then go with 3 times your most expensive player then, it really makes no difference to me as I treat every ticket about journeymen on its own merit. Most times I just send a PM asking a few questions on why they haven't bought players if they are using JM regularly.

Discussing a rule is fine, trying to improve it is fine.

Starting a whine thread because you've been told to buy players? Not so much.

One day a rules discussion thread will get started which doesn't end up with pointless bickering. That will be a good day and something might actually come out of it. As it is most good ideas get missed as the arguing and sniping gets in the way.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
so, you know the mandates for fumbbl admin, do you sir?

Mind probing again and with another strawman, Sir?

Please, do continue. Grow all the menz.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we institute a rule about forum arguments having to be decided by a game? Like how BB has replaced war in the BB universe, it could replace bickering here. Let's start the tradition now. thoralf vs pythrr, settle it on the pitch.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Starting a whine thread because you've been told to buy players? Not so much.

Three pages and the starting comment has yet to be addressed except by "rulz are rulz" and "z'obvious, duh." What is there to address anyway. It's just whining.

Nobody has yet to show one good reason why this rule exists. Nothing has been offered as to why exactly a line is drawn between two or three menz and more. We can't even know that rulz, because gamesmanship. The whole snitching process stinks, and the admins do whatever they please, including acting like half gods in the forums.

That's just great.

You don't want to discuss? Fine. Then close down the thread as whining and be done with it. Flaming, trolling and whining back doesn't give anyone brownie points.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Can we institute a rule about forum arguments having to be decided by a game? Like how BB has replaced war in the BB universe, it could replace bickering here. Let's start the tradition now. thoralf vs pythrr, settle it on the pitch.

i'm not arguing with him.

i'm asking him questions about his stupid statements.

different things.

i have no pony in this show.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:

Nobody has yet to show one good reason why this rule exists. Nothing has been offered as to why exactly a line is drawn between two or three menz and more. We can't even know that rulz, because gamesmanship. The whole snitching process stinks, and the admins do whatever they please, including acting like half gods in the forums.

want to know why a site rule exists?

fine - ask the big C.

This is not a democracy.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
This is not a democracy.

Another strawman. Well played!

pythrr wrote:
ask the big C.

As if forums were not there to settle these things.

Big C has something else to do with his time. That's why he created admins. If admins can't respond to Nerdbird, then perhaps something's rotten in the state of Danemark.

You don't want this discussed here? Make a snitch of your sorry self, and go whine to big C.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %13, %2015 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ how the hell is reminding you how the site works "a strawman"? please go read a definition of the term, sir.

rer, admins DID reply to Nerdbird. You've been abusing them for having done so.

you can "discuss" all you want. I don't care. I'm just telling you that you are pissing against a wall.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Why wasn't this locked immediately? Just curious, as it was always heading this way if not and the answer was given within the first few replies.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
thoralf

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know which questions you're referring to, Renton. Here are the ones I have in mind:

Quote:
I only had 2 journeymen and 470K in the bank. [1] What is the amount of money in the bank I should have? I have seen the "guidelines" but that is pretty loose and if [2] I want to run a few journeymen fodder, what's the harm? All they are is meat shields because I am going to be down at least 11-8 in 90% of my box games in the TV I reside. I don't have even close to a winning record. I play one of what, 5 High Elf teams above 150 TV that have more than 30 games? [3] So I do not understand why someone would call me out on my bank. I really don't. It's ok to have 2 Million in the bank and run an "optimized" team without any fat. I think managing any Elven team in the box requires different type of team management. [4]

[5] Minmaxing or playing straight out click and point clawpomb is much more entertaining and within the spirit of the game I suppose?

The only answer to [1] is we won't tell.

The answers to [2] have been contradictory.

The answer to [3] has been an innuendo.

The answer to [4] has been armwaving numbers followed by mindreading.

The answer to [5] is left as an exercise to those who carry the burden of injecting their ennui thread after thread.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %13, %2015 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: