40 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Biscuits or Cake?
Biscuits
19%
 19%  [ 23 ]
Cake
29%
 29%  [ 36 ]
Cocaine... or raisins!
51%
 51%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 121

XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine comes from the Table Top Wargame "Warmachine", certain Undead Spell casters gained additional power called SoulTokens if they managed to kill living things in their turn, which could later in the turn be used as "PowerTokens"

being using this nick now for a few years!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

When I first joined a discussionforum or two, I remembered the time, when I always had to hold up my initial point of view, never giving ground to good arguments (which sometime still comes up sometimes). I had the infamous habit of using circular logic to back up my weak initial point, starting from a false (or not very reasonable) argument and using conclusions of it to back up the starting argument. As the logic chain was hard to break it was a hassle to argue with me at those times. Well, I joined up at some discussionforums with this nick to remind me that I should always consider my opinon as changeable. The name took over to the online chess and from there to RTS-games.
DeathKittie

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Kitties, I like Death.
Delta

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The ultimate assassin. The signature also lends a clue.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoyed the books never saw the movies...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine means "Bearman" in English.

Go figure.

Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It´s an elite dagger from Diablo 2 expansion pack, the weakest weapon in the game. The lowest potential with the highest starting stats as far as daggers go.

And it sounds kinda cool.

M

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My first name is Kent. I added the Y to show how creative I can be.
screech

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to be on a Saturday morning sitcom in the US. This was my character's name.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My last name is Lauth. And 81 has been my jersey# for the last 12 years playing american football.
One of my old jerseys hangs directly in my view and it has "Lauth 81" on its back, so it came up quite naturally when to choose a nick for an american sports forum. Used the nick on most forums/sites whatever since ...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

screech wrote:
I used to be on a Saturday morning sitcom in the US. This was my character's name.

You're THE Screech??!!

Last edited by Arktoris on %b %22, %2005 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
the_bug

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my friends call me ötökkä (Finnish)=bug(insect).
So.... my nick is the_bug. Simple, isn't it!
Superstar

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i am your local Superstar

=D oh yeah! sexy baby, you drive me crazy!!!
dagda331

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Alas, my geas is to answer the questions of my name truthfully or the Salmon of Wisdom shall pluck out my eyeballs, so know that the truth is what I shall tell and what you shall know is the Truth

I am a God

Not a particularly powerful one, not one with many followers any more, but Godhood, once bestowed, can never be taken away

You see, it all started in Ireland, many years before the Gaels came from Spain, my people fought the Fomors for control of the isle. We, being the Children of Dannan, of course were triumphant, and I became the king of the Tuatha De Dannan - my main claim to fame (aside from being king) is to have eaten an entire bowl of porridge - one that was enchanted to be ever full Smile
Gran

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in real life my name is Björn (swedish, means Bear). A few years back one of my oldest, and oddest, friends (also on Fumbbl, by the way) dreamt that he was at a party somewhere and that I came up to him and introduced myself as Gran-Björn (Gran meaning Fir in swedish). He thought that this was hysterical and started to call me Gran-Björn after that, which soon boiled down to just Gran. Over time I came to like it as a nickname and started using it instead of my old nick Misiu (a polish dimunitive form of the male name Misha, which means Bear. See the link?), which in turn had taken the place of my first nick Streber, a nick I only used in IRC around '95-'96...

So, my life in nick's... I feel kinda empty now...

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
 Jump to: