25 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Has Cindy Piewhistle...goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dlock

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2016 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... all those WIL teams look strong (jeez, how can teams have that high wins to losses ratio, mine is barely positive...!? (ah, maybe they are coached by people who know what they are doing...)).

Could we ask a reshuffle for some weaker opponents (if they have any)?

- D
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2016 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:

A fellow 1st round loser? Wink

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2016 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Not a huge fan of this idea, the issue is the nature of random draw tournaments. You have people with byes in the first round, meanwhile two prem coaches could play each other. The winner always deserves it, but whoever lost to jev in the first round might be feeling hard done by.

Is this because I would have pushed you out of a slot?
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2016 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
DrDiscoStu wrote:
Not a huge fan of this idea, the issue is the nature of random draw tournaments. You have people with byes in the first round, meanwhile two prem coaches could play each other. The winner always deserves it, but whoever lost to jev in the first round might be feeling hard done by.

Haha. It is a genuine opinion of the nature of random draw knock-out tournaments.

Keep in mind that my 44 points was made in the only TWO seasons I was eligible for prem, given I parked the first season, was force-relegated to conference in the second, had the tourney in the third.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Keothi

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Semitence wrote:
DrDiscoStu wrote:

Haha. It is a genuine opinion of the nature of random draw knock-out tournaments.

Keep in mind that my 44 points was made in the only TWO seasons I was eligible for prem, given I parked the first season, was force-relegated to conference in the second, had the tourney in the third.

Keep in mind that you didn't directly answer the question DDS Wink
Keothi

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

On the URN topic though, I'm really pumped to watch these games!
Hopefully the scheduler is used by everyone and the crowd/speccing turn-out is strong.

Good luck to the SWL coaches competing!!!
GooseIAm

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Any vacancies for next season? I was in the SWL a long time ago (looking at my team sheet, over a decade ago... yikes), and it's pretty amazing to see it's still going strong. The re-release has renewed my interest in Blood Bowl, but I'm a little rusty...
Dlock

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say no to GooseIAm. Seems to be too good player and plays (or played) Chaos Dwarves.

However, the long brake and promise of being rusty...

- D

Ps. this is sarcasm. I am just not very good at it so I need to make sure at the end of mails like this that it was sarcasm I was aiming at. Anyways, I hope you come onboard and I can tell you that elves ( particularly wooden ones)are the best if you rerolling new team.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 09:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There are always vacancies. Pop into SWL chat. There may even be the odd coach still there who you've played against before.

Welcome back Very Happy
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2016 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

URN game against Azure scheduled for 2pm tomorrow (wednesday)
Keothi

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2016 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

^
What ramchop said. Come in say hi, resurrect (if allowed) your old team, or roll up and new one after sending your wishlist of 12 teams to Tomay for approval. I think the blooding of new teams starts in early January and of course, come say hi to us in the SWL irc channel for FUMBBL Smile
Fortis

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Might not be the right place but does anyone know the kick off date next year?
ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 04:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Luohghcra in Silly Season post wrote:

- SWL Season 67 Draft: Announced shortly after the New Year. Draft lists should be submitted before 31/12/16.
- Trial of Blood: Begins directly after the announcement of the draft, and runs up until Season 67 Kickoff. (16/01/17)

Is Easy Mode returning?
LictorZ

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What is easy mode?

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure is.
It's my chorfs.
 Jump to: