45 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awards
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Deleted narky tiredness induced comment. ok yes i quoted you out of context then. Ill accept that, it wasnt my intent but i concede you the point. I apoligise. It is 330 in the morning and i have been going since 7:30 this morning after running day two of a tournament. SO im not being as bright and sparky.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you've conceded the point. Yes, it does get tiring with long days. Smile

My point was about the nature of committees in general: not merely the ones i sit on in an institutional role or BBRC. Committees justify their existience - it's just what they do - and a rules committee, by it's very nominal construction, changes rules. If there are no more changes required, why should such a committee continue to exist?

However, if the BBRC has other duties, then fine. But what are these, aside from considering rules?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly they do the stuff that earns them money.
Babs is a writer trying to get published, i think thats also his off time job not his real, Galak is basically Impact Miniatures, they are the ones I know. The others i dont so cant help you there.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Doubleskulls has a real world job too, and hes also a tournament organiser, EucBowl one of the biggest Aus tournaments. Ok yes theres 2 aussies at least on the commitee your point being?? Everyone knows Aussies are the worlds real blood bowlers..

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I meant other BB-committee duties, but thanks for the insights.

Hope the tourny was fun.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i better go sleep now i'm watcdhing charmed on late night tele howd that happen.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL. Watching "Charmed" is a clear sign of madness.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Trolls... give it a break. Seriously.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Pythyrr - I do think you were off topic with this thread. It was a discussion on whether or not the client should be migrating straight to LRB 6 rather than LRB 5.

It was not a philosophical argument about whether the BBRC have the right to exist. These are rather different topics.

..and Kalamar - you are completely correct in that LRB 6 will be stat changes and minor rule tweaks in comparison. However, it appears that there's a 'split' in the community with deaf producing a client that is FUMBBL independant. Should I be making the same offer to him over on 'that other website'?

New to FUMBBL!

Have you signed up for the Feudball Novel yet?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

@Babs: your choice ... how should I decide what kind of offers you make to whom ? Smile

My client will most likely support LRB6 on top of LRB5 when it comes out. Would love to support LRB4 as well but that's actually a lot more work than going forward.
veron

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, everyone please stay on the topic. If you want to discuss how DP should work or who should decide the future rules of the game, please do that in the right forum. This is not it.

Be nice and behave. If you have nothing constructive to say to the subject in hand, think twice if you should post at all.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Deaf was making his client for a French group, it was never intended for FUMBBL. The "split" is that not EVERYONE plays online bloodbowl at fumbbl.com ...

Babs wrote:

..and Kalamar - you are completely correct in that LRB 6 will be stat changes and minor rule tweaks in comparison. However, it appears that there's a 'split' in the community with deaf producing a client that is FUMBBL independant. Should I be making the same offer to him over on 'that other website'?

Oscar Wilde
SneakyFox

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I am aware LRB6 fixes the things that were forgotten from LRB5. It's not a completely new system, rather a patch. As such, it should already be included on Kalimar's client when it goes past Beta test. At least, that's how I'd want it and as Kalimar stated, the changes are minor and should not take long to implement.

That being said: give back the eye! The fun of fouling has been ruined by this overly simplistic change in the fouling rules. I don't see myself picking DP to my players either in the new editions. They just ain't cost-effective.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:
Okay, everyone please stay on the topic. If you want to discuss how DP should work or who should decide the future rules of the game, please do that in the right forum. This is not it.

Be nice and behave. If you have nothing constructive to say to the subject in hand, think twice if you should post at all.

This.

Thx for making the offer to help out Babbs!

Clearly there has been too little "cross faction communication" earlier and reading this thread doesnt make it hard to understand why.. =(

Less time obsessing about past wrongs (and making new ones) and more focus on what can be done here on forward would be nice IMO.

That said it might be simpler to start out lrb5 and then upgrade to 6 later when "official".

Cheers

SL
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Babs wrote:

Yes please. You can also PM Deaf here as he pops in from time to time.

IMO the whole thing can be done by PM if you want to avoid nosey parkers. Wink
Only Christer, Kalimar and Deaf really need to have this right now.

IMO it is worth having the new rules for planning purposes whether they intend to implement them straight away or not.

AFAIK Deaf's BOTOCS already uses the experimental rules so there is hopefully not much for him to do.

It would be nice to be able to choose between LRB5 and 6. I don't know if that was mentioned in the original requirements.

Jump to: