40 coaches online • Server time: 16:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to have, say 3 variants of the skill?
E.g. Sneaky Cheat (50% ejection, Stab), Dirty Cheat (70% ejection, Saws), and Dastardly Cheat (90% ejection, B&C and Deathroller).

I think having a single 50/50 chance is a REALLY BAD idea. The B&C's and Deathrollers need to be ejected most of the time.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

again that is far harder than what I suggested, and we already know it works perfectly well. As we all played with those rules for years.

edit: just seen Kalimars post,

how hard would it be to add those values to those skills. couldn't you just create a new skill for each stunty weapon, like chainsaw S, and Bazooka S etc... then assign the values you need?

hmm i dunno, I guess its low priority at the moment any way, and I dont full understand the complexities of these things.
DaveH

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
no, the main problem is non-SW chainsaws...

meh, a decent block and half the time they're straight off the pitch anyway

I did much prefer LRB4s secret weapons rule but that's not really an option
Bob_Bifford

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

DaveH wrote:
Having just faced a tackle/po death roller i can safely say they're pretty lethal - the only real problem I see with them is the lack of SW and the AV10 makes it pretty hard to get off the pitch - apart from that they're no different than anyone with tackle/po would be

As for B&C I have to say they're a bit much at the moment - I've had a quick look at the crp manual and it doesn't seem to mention the old lrb4 rules of them possibly dying at the end of every move which i could see as causing problems once they're implemented without SW - as it stands now though they're seriously overpowered imho!

Let my guess you got cherry picked by you know who Smile
Bob_Bifford

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
From my perspective its not a matter of pixel-hugging so much as balance. The secret weapons are so good they're designed to only be around a short while. When a chaos team obliterates and elf team, the elves can still out-ball them to a victory. In stunty (IMO, I wasn't around when it was developed) it seems balance is mostly maintained thru teams being able to cas each other at a more or less equal rate.

The secret weapons are exceedingly good at that, on purpose. When the ref doesn't ever eject them, those teams are far more deadly than most of the others and therefore have a HUGE advantage.

Its no coincidence practically everybody and their brother is playing a Cfling, Cheater, Snot or Slave team right now.

I got idea all teams should have same amount of SWs to choose from but change what they use for fluff wise.
DaveH

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2012 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob_Bifford wrote:
DaveH wrote:
Having just faced a tackle/po death roller i can safely say they're pretty lethal - the only real problem I see with them is the lack of SW and the AV10 makes it pretty hard to get off the pitch - apart from that they're no different than anyone with tackle/po would be

As for B&C I have to say they're a bit much at the moment - I've had a quick look at the crp manual and it doesn't seem to mention the old lrb4 rules of them possibly dying at the end of every move which i could see as causing problems once they're implemented without SW - as it stands now though they're seriously overpowered imho!

lol, I knew what I was getting in to!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob_Bifford wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:
From my perspective its not a matter of pixel-hugging so much as balance. The secret weapons are so good they're designed to only be around a short while. When a chaos team obliterates and elf team, the elves can still out-ball them to a victory. In stunty (IMO, I wasn't around when it was developed) it seems balance is mostly maintained thru teams being able to cas each other at a more or less equal rate.

The secret weapons are exceedingly good at that, on purpose. When the ref doesn't ever eject them, those teams are far more deadly than most of the others and therefore have a HUGE advantage.

Its no coincidence practically everybody and their brother is playing a Cfling, Cheater, Snot or Slave team right now.

I got idea all teams should have same amount of SWs to choose from but change what they use for fluff wise.

The teams are fairly well balancd once you get some sort of secret weapon working. I would hate to see all teams with the same weapons.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

One by product of not having sw on chainsaws (a far as I've seen so far) is that they don't get used for fouling much. This is a shame as wading in with a hyper massive, choppy choppy, chainsaw gang foul is up there with the greatest experiences in BB.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

im refusing to play stunty untill its running properly, i dont like the idea of my chainsawas being available constantly
ElanTheBard

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob_Bifford wrote:
DaveH wrote:

Ahahahah, dude... you have to find a good psychologist, it seems that you have a sort of obsession! Do you still dream about that game during the night? Very Happy

However Dave, is true that DR is pretty lethal (and he sure has to get SW to balance a bit) but for av 10 life is not that easy anymore as old time. There are a lot of teams that have claw/s (strigoyans, chaos flings, nurglings, slaves themselves and so on) so their big av can be beaten easily.

And i agree with Whatball, teams with the same amount of SW is not a good idea, better to keep the rosters more different as possible.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Bombardiers aren't the issue: no functionality is added to them while they don't work. (you could decide not to use them and score or block with them, and you can now).

Saws, rollers, etc are an issue: having 2 halves instead of one or less makes them easier to skill.

Ball & chain is a major issue, as it works fundamentally differently than normal, AND it has no secret weapon skill.
Break tackle is actually good on ball & chain at the moment. =D
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. Here is another proposal: keep the Secret Weapon Skill but add a value to it, representing a Penalty Roll like in LRB4. If there is no value to the skill in the Roster it acts as per LRB6 (no roll). If there is a value to it, the ejection takes place on a roll of 2d6 >= the given value. This way you can adapt the ejection probability per Roster slot for each Roster separately. What do you think? Will need to talk to Christer about this (depending on how he keeps Rosters in the Fumbbl database).
stej

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds awesome. An elegant solve Mr Kalimar
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

*thumbs up*

ImageImage
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's ok with Christer also, so let's do it Smile Now I need to get him to add the Stunty rosters to the FFB Test Division.
 Jump to: