31 coaches online • Server time: 09:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2013 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The OWCC has space for one new team to replace a departing coach, joining in the middle of our third season.

If you are interested in joining the league, and are a reliable coach that can commit to playing regular games in a mostly European timezone, check out our group page (particularly the section on rules and joining).

If you're still interested, send me a PM with a list of the top three races you'd like to play, and I'll assign teams on a first come, first served basis.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

We're still looking for at least one new team to join the OWCC.

The lucky applicant will get one "training match" to help build the team slightly before their first game.

For more information, see our group page.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just talked to commish - the "training match" will be 100% fixed, totally cooperative, a quick click-through guaranteed you get skills out of it to jumpstart you in the league.

But we need a reliable coach asap - had a dropout (RL happens), and need that replacement team to move forward without a season of auto-concessions in that slot. It's a good league, with a good, friendly mix of coaches and teams and a combined Swiss Tourney* format leading to the championship knockout for the best of that season.

(* 5 games, winners play winners, losers play losers, etc. to seed the Championship ladder.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

still need?

PM on the way.
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat aimed me towards this board, if you still need a player to join let me know. I have a League team already setup.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome aboard B_SIDE!

As Smeat says, from now on, all new teams to the league will get one builder game where they get to assign a skill to two players of their choice (the only restriction being no Loners), plus a randomly assigned MVP and winnings from one match. No risk except thrown rocks.

@Mephistodragonbane: We might need another coach to step in next round. If you're happy to do it, I'll add you to the waiting list!

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In my case, there may actually be a little risk. See, I have these guys on my team that like to EAT the other guys on my team...

Very Happy
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There's boiler plate in the contract that puts all that on you. Wink

duttydave

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2013 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Interested in joining the new conference. PM sent to gjopie
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislev Conference Opens for Season IV

The public vote is now closed, and Kislev has been named the country to host the third OWCC Conference.

We're looking for eleven new coaches to join the OWCC for Season IV. Read on for more information!

The League
The Old World Challenge Cup is a repeating league that offers a slightly different format from usual. Next season, the OWCC will consist of three conferences. The Albion and Bretonnia conferences will have 10 teams each, and are the main two conferences. The new Kislev Conference will sit under those two, and will consist initially of 8 teams. A single season is made up of three stages.

First are the Conferences. Teams within each conference play a 5-round swiss league. At the end of that, the top 3 from the Albion and Bretonnia Conferences go in to the Challenge Cup. 4th - 8th place each take part in the Inter-Conference Shield, to see which Conference is superior.

New for next season, the two teams finishing in 10th will be relegated to the Kislev Conference, replaced by the teams finishing 1st and 2nd in Kislev. The two teams in 9th will play the teams in 3rd and 4th in playoff games, for a chance for promotion to the Albion & Bretonnia Conferences.

Teams which finish 5th-8th in the Kislev Conference will take part in a small cup competition.

Finally, there is the Post-Season Tour (friendlies, although they aren't always entirely friendly!), where teams will get to mingle across conferences and play a number of open games depending on their TW.

In between seasons, the previous season's winners of the Albion and Bretonnia Conference draft which of the top 20 teams they want in their conference.

If a team in the Albion or Bretonnia Conferences disappears, they will be replaced by the team who is currently in first place in the Kislev Conference.

The Expansion
We're currently looking for eleven coaches - 8 for the new Kislev Conference, and 3 to replace departing teams. That means there are a number of slots in the main two conferences to fill, so an Expansion Tournament will be held.

The new teams will be entered in to two round robins, and will get to play 4-5 games against other new teams, with the best teams of the tournament instantly promoted to Albion and Bretonnia. The rest of the teams will form the new Kislev Conference.

How to Apply
We are looking for reliable coaches who can play games in reasonable European times.

The OWCC has a limit of a maximum of 2 teams per race. New teams will be assigned by a draft system. To join, please send me a PM with your top 5 choices of teams. We hope everyone will get their first choice, but this may not be possible. The three races currently full are Chaos Pact, Lizardmen and Dark Elves.

Once we have enough applicants, we'll kick off the Expansion Tournament.

Coaches Applied
1. Vesikannu (restarting)
2. duttydave
3. xarogobar
4. FredAstaire
5. MasterMag
6. bladten
7. Chimp2010
8. Curro
9. maneetti

Last edited by gjopie on %b %29, %2013 - %18:%Jul; edited 6 times in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Four coaches applied - 7 spaces left!

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun league, and Swiss tourney style for first 5 games means winners play winners, and losers play losers (with no repeats if possible), so you tend to not see complete mismatches. Then the top 3 in each division move on to a classic knock-out ladder with a bye for the best finisher = good competition all season long.

This current season has come down to the very last game for about 8 different teams - anyone's horse-race!

gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Two more signed up (welcome to MasterMag and Bladten). Only five spaces left!

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like at least two coaches so far won't be getting their first choice in the team draft - we've got three applicants who have all picked the same team first, and there is already one of them in the league! Very good chances of everyone getting at least their second choice so far though.

We'll run the draft once we have enough applications. 5 to go! PM me if you're interested with your top 5 races.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump - still looking for five new coaches to join the best league on FUMBBL!