30 coaches online • Server time: 09:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I will let the neutral write up this game.....don't think I could have done anything else to win / drawbut just kept drawing a blank against tough uncompromising Orcs

Grats to Gazza

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:
Well I will let the neutral write up this game.....don't think I could have done anything else to win / drawbut just kept drawing a blank against tough uncompromising Orcs

Grats to Gazza

You gave up which was a sad sight.

9 elves and 3 turns is plenty to score in. Up one side, you could get those 3 blitzers through easily and the witch too, and use the linemen to recover/shield the ball. Instead you kept your blitzers backfield and guaranteed the loss.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Not true Chainsaw. My plan failed before baring fruition. I knew that a simple rush all mens up would not work. Firstly with no skills of rerolls I would not break his line sufficiently and was mor elikely to concede in for my efforts.

My strategy was this. Go deep and get teh SPPS if he remained deep in return, if he pushed upfield then I would risk a run down into his back field.

The penultimate turn the I moved the lino up to mark the nearest Blitzer and then I planned to do a 3+ 2+ dodge the Witch Elf up so that Gazza would have to do a 1db Blitz on her to stop me (assuming I did not mess up the last turn 4+ pass)

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2013 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well game 2 was a walk-over.

T1 6 guys down due to Pitch Invasion meant I was on back foot straight away. +3 Foul on the wolf to keep the ball safe saw a guy sent of on T2. Couple of turn overs and they had the ball and game was over. Murker made no mistakes to allow an elf-like rally and the game time was passed by having a fouling contest Smile

Well done Murker. Pressure is on the rest of you now, failure to beat this team is a mark of shame for the rest of the season. The end cant come soon enough lol

BiggieB is my idol
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2013 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea.. those dice were HORRIBLE. +2 FAME when we both have zero fan factor.. What was that about? And so the riot? No necro down. All but four elves on their arses! Wow. How crazy is that? And the zombies hit like sledge hammers, getting lucky cas early to make your skull-fest hurt even more. Brutal.

My new thing is to try not to screw up Nuffle's gifts. It's been going well for a month now. My 1st foul of 2nd half was greedy and stoopid. At 11 to 8 and up a TD, I did not need it. Didn't matter tho.. Nuffle took one of your players next turn.

Hnag in there.. elves do amazing things. Cheers.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2013 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion Conference Round 2 Preview

Barak Varr Goldlords vs Pradeshynya Misfits
The Misfits only won by a single touchdown in their first game, but face the Goldlords due to their superior casualty difference than the Marauders. Neither team has any extra skills yet, but then dwarves don't really need them against rookies. The Misfits best chance here is to hope their higher strength will dominate early.

Uzkulak Marauders vs Black Mountain FORC'ers
The Marauders could go into this game with 80k worth of inducements if they choose. This should be a classic grind between two tough teams, although the new goblin recruit for the FORC'ers provides a TTM option if the Orcs get desperate.

Grey Mountain Lions 2-0 Lyonesse Lotharios
This early game saw a solid win for the Lions.

Black Tower Blitzers vs L'anguille Leapers
With one of the Blitzers' ghouls out with an injury, the Leapers have a much faster and more agile team. However, if the Blitzers can remove enough of the Leapers from the pitch, this won't matter!

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2013 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Uzkulak Pirates 1 - 1 IFK Marienburg

Things had gone well up until the mid point of the 2nd half. The drive had been comfortable, Nuffle rewarding conservative play for 1-0. An intercept really messed up Vesikannu's 2nd half play - although the defense was pretty tight and forcing rolls or a T2 TD anyway. Every scatter had been to a player of mine, really sapping any chances for Vesikannu to retrieve the ball each time.

Then Nuffle turned. Attempting the surfs, I started to hit skulls and both downs. Rerolls evaporated. Then T5 double skulls, T6 double skulls, and Vesikannu's elves recovered the ball with a series of 1D pows. I did get 1 last hit on the ball, bringing him down with a both down, but the scatter - kind to me all game - finally broke the right way for Vesikannu allowing the double go for it equalizer.

Very frustrating! The odds of Vesikannu turning it around at the beginning of my T4 were practically 0 - well, basically the same as the odds of a quad skull, and then some with the dodges and in-tacklezone pick up and catch. In a dice game, such things are always possible!

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2013 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretonnia Conference is wide open after two draws! The winner of Black Chasm Rush vs New Bretonnia Expatriates (due to be played on Monday) still has a decent shot at the top.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

4 DElf scores. That's pretty impressive.

I'll do logos slowly on a first request first served basis. (mostly) Send your OWCC team colors and link to a pic if you want guys.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2013 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Murker, thanks! I just wanted to show off my shiny new team logo:

Now we just need to win a game...or even score a TD...

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2013 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

Snap!
Razz

BiggieB is my idol
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody likes undefeated, penny pinching, dwarfs. Let's kill em.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2013 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

...This just in!...

Black Chasm Rush 3 - New Bretonnia Expatriates 2

Coach gjopie left himself open to some Sauri abuse early, and some well-timed casualties and then well-placed fouls on key players got the lizard Expat's up early in manpower, but Coach Smeat (starting down 1 Saurus mng) was (apparently) hitting the crackpipe pretty hard during the game, and made some key mistakes that resulted in a 2-2 tie on Turn 12, with the lizzies kicking, 4 turns to decide the game.

An earlier Sweltering Heat result took the players down even more - 7 lizzies defending v. 5 rats. The lizards blitzed the ball loose, choosing to let the fans decide where it should land, but then missed the pickup with no RR's left, and the rats made five dicerolls for an odds-against Turn 16 score for the deserved win.

Grats to gjopie, who moves out of the cellar, but the lizards are far from done - or so they claim.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2013 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat's report is spot on. It looked like a game that was destined to be, and deserved to be, a 2-2 tie after mistakes by both teams. In the final seconds though, the Rush's Altite spotted the skink fumbling the ball and decided to go over and give him a masterclass. He dodged away from a saurus, picked up the ball from right under the skink's nose, dodged away, went for it, and then passed to a waiting runner in the endzone to win the game.

Unfair on the lizards? Yes. Epic way to win? Definitely.

Round three looks like the make-or-break round for the Bretonnia Conference. The four top teams on 3 points each pair off again, and the winners of those games will most likely be in the running for the conference championship in round 4. The Rush play the Bully Boyz, with both on 2 points and looking for a win to help their chances of getting into the Challenge Cup, while a loss would probably rule them out at this stage. And at the bottom, the Icedragons and the Expats face off for pride.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2013 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The Pirates are ready! Arrrrrrrrrr!

Jump to: