27 coaches online • Server time: 08:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
I would like to see the RRR and the XFL becoming 'mixed' division tournaments.
Can't see the reasoning behind them being just for Ranked, one is for rookie teams only, the other is race specific.

+1

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
-) A warning tone once you get past 3:30 min.

+1

And option to have a large clock superimposed on the field

Last edited by koadah on %b %19, %2015 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
TalonBay

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

League Ladder option alongside Box and Ranked

There are two things that spoil the game for me, cherry picking in Ranked and min-maxing in Box. Both are fine if that’s how coaches want to play the game but it doesn’t map to how I see the game as a brutal fantasy version of sports. Teams don’t cut players to skulk about in lower divisions to get cheap wins, if they win enough they get promoted and face tougher opposition. Neither can they avoid playing certain types of teams because they don’t fancy it and there’s some risk, managing a team through the risk is half the fun.

I’m sure there are lots of details that would need working out but as a starting point:
* New teams that are created join the bottom of the ladder
* Teams are activated like Box is currently
* Matchmaking is done by pairing up from the activated teams top to bottom (maybe with a bit of random in)
* You win and your ladder score increases, lose and it decreases
* You move up or down based on your score

The features I see this bringing:
* New teams are protected against established killers unless the coaches are terrible and lose lots.
* No point maintaining a rookie team with a few legend killers because you’ll win enough matches to put you vs equally winning coaches, probably with stronger teams
* More inducements will get used as teams are matched on ladder standings rather than TV, do you build lean with something like Skaven to try and induce a wizard? Each new skill is potentially TV bloat but rebuilding players takes time, it’s all decisions for the coach and that’s a good thing
* You get paired up with a coach of similar winning record, if you’re good then you’ll get a strong opponent and if you’re not so great you’ll get either an opponent who’s also not good or a team on it’s way up coached by a good player but probably lower TV.
* It's not just winning % either, it's long term ability to beat teams and rise up the table that matches coaches

Last edited by TalonBay on %b %19, %2015 - %01:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone say custom rosters? Wink

Nice work Christer, Kalimar & co \o/

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Dominik wrote:
-) A warning tone once you get past 3:30 min.

The vast majority of coaches don't take an ice age to play a turn, so this is a feature that would be largely redundant

Your replies are largely redundant.
JetsamJay

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 for team name purge and implementing the missing cards.
Victor_Vermis

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure something like this is coming with custom leagues, but I feel obligated to mention it: I'd love to see "Admin" powers for league Admins. Such as the ability to assign skills/stat-ups/dice rolls, treasury adjustment.. Open it all up, let their imagination be the limit!
Pjj

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Custom player icons is by far my most missed feature from skijunkie's client. I don't even mind if my opponent can see them or not.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the general 'everything is awesome' and 'league controls are top priority' sentiments.

I know this won't go over well but I'd like an adjustment to the pairing system that reduces dwarf match up density for stunty teams. I can live without inducements (I use petty cash), but playing the team that is pre-built with 3 extra answers (two extra valid block dice and dodge cancel man-marks) with any higher than 1/12 density is, unfortunately, very boring. I love chaos dwarf matches because despite being very hard they, at least, have weaknesses that make the game interesting. When I play dwarves vs flings especially I'm just reading a book and hardly paying attention to the 11v4 by turn 4 game.

TL;DR I think a special dwarf frequency adjustment would encourage more stunty teams in box.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

From a webpage point of view:

-Being able to do team creation and management (multiple Hiring/naming/skills) without using a popup window.

-Someway to reuse team names from those teams that are retired (players can already reuse the same name, why not teams?). Maybe tag retired teams, or otherwise archive them so that the database and searches don't confuse them with active teams? Or link teams to coaches so different coaches can have teams with the same name. Something, anything, to allow coaches to have their dream team name rather than some silly name because everything they already wanted was taken :/

-An integrated chat system to avoid IRC and encourage new players to become active in the community more.

-All the extra league options already listed by others before me.

Client:
Scaleable pitch size.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Did anyone say custom rosters? Wink

Nice work Christer, Kalimar & co \o/

Are we already there? Very Happy
albinv

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Naked user profile pics! \o/
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
cdassak wrote:
I would like to see the RRR and the XFL becoming 'mixed' division tournaments.
Can't see the reasoning behind them being just for Ranked, one is for rookie teams only, the other is race specific.

+1

this too...my wish list is getting bigger and bigger
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Let us replace teams with TourneyFiller's Filler teams in an ongoing league.
2. Remove the 20 teams limitation for RR (ORR?) tournaments.
3. Double RR and ORR with home and away matches.
4. A revamped Group page with custom layouts. Leagues without a match in a year could get inactivated and removed from the main list.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Customise everything Smile