17 coaches online • Server time: 06:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
How does it hurt your chances in the long run if you play in the Box and you are paired by TV?

The answer to that is the same as for losing saurussi or for instance Flesh Golems. These players are very hard to skill, especially at higher TV and a LOT worse as rookies than they are after a couple of skills.

This is not like a rookie dorf or elf who are useful out of the box. Having multiple rookies in these position WILL seriously hurtyour chances to win.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realise that this was a Black Box specific thread.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
How does it hurt your chances in the long run if you play in the Box and you are paired by TV?

The answer to that is the same as for losing saurussi or for instance Flesh Golems. These players are very hard to skill, especially at higher TV and a LOT worse as rookies than they are after a couple of skills.

This is not like a rookie dorf or elf who are useful out of the box. Having multiple rookies in these position WILL seriously hurtyour chances to win.

If you lose skills your TV will be lower, so you are going to face less clawpomb and will suffer less attrition on-pitch, making the game more winnable.
Lizardmen are better off at low-mid TV, under clawpomb dangerzone.
Flesh Golems are not as important as Werewolves, you can play well Necromantic team as long as you have skilled Werewolves and Wights.
What hurts a lot your chances of winning is losing skilled players DURING the match you are playing, because a lot of TV suddenly disappears.
koadah wrote:
I didn't realise that this was a Black Box specific thread.

I talked about league as well.
Deniz87

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Macabeo wrote:

- Ogres: Too few Ogres, and expensive. Expensive rerolls. The snots are fine, maybe their AV is too low.

This.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

But I remind everyone that Khemri and Underworld and Chaos Pact and the stunties are supposed to be terrible. You're supposed to be really good to even try them, they're sort of there so awesome coaches can play newbs in a tabletop league and not destroy everyone. Making Khemri an awesome development platform is missing the point.

Where did you get that idea from? Stunties, yes of course, it's been stated several times. Underworld.........uhhhmmmm yes I guess. The Creepers were a bad team and the roster replicates that.

Khemri and Pact. Yeah, you're most definitely not right there there. Khemri were toned down due to big guys being perceived as too good. Pact are the reincarnation of the Chaos Allstars, one of the best teams of all time. Most definitely there is nothing stated or intended that these 2 rosters should be weak.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann Pact and UW were all intended to be tier 1.5, rightly or wrongly.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. My experience with UWP is that they start kinda weak, but get good fast. The Gobs soak up the damage, and the rats do as much damage as the Gobs take, only to opposing players who are usually more TV-intensive than the lost Goblins.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally would like to see the Chaos roster tweaked slightly. I know they are supposed to be challenging at low TV but it can be a real bind trying to do anything with them. I have played 6 or 7 matches with my current one and they still seem to be a million miles away from being any good. Not helped admittedly, by my Beastmen continually expiring despite being AV8. Plus (from what I have read) the minotaur is a bit of a no go as well.

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well why did you go with leader?! You certainly deserve a slap for that. I think it takes a bit of experience to get chaos going, for the less experienced it'll take a while and some perseverance.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Jamerson wrote:
I personally would like to see the Chaos roster tweaked slightly. I know they are supposed to be challenging at low TV but it can be a real bind trying to do anything with them. I have played 6 or 7 matches with my current one and they still seem to be a million miles away from being any good. Not helped admittedly, by my Beastmen continually expiring despite being AV8. Plus (from what I have read) the minotaur is a bit of a no go as well.
What the heck... why do you have 1000 teams and only like 5 have any games played?!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Jamerson wrote:

change mutations back to doubles.

that would help limit the spam

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Jamerson wrote:

No, he wants to buff the roster.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2015 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

how you dare to use common sense when talking about BB???

pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2015 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Jamerson wrote:

No, he wants to buff the roster.

err, why?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2015 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@harvestmouse:

"These more challenging teams are: Chaos, Dark Elf, Goblin, Halfling, Khemri, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire. Coaches should be aware that these are considered teams for more advanced players and can be confusing or difficult to use if you are new to the game."

Khemri fall into the "difficult to use" category, I would have thought. Because they have four big guys, all AG 1/2, and you can't really skill the Guardians, so you have to build your two Blitz-Ras to do everything. If they had 4 long-life big guys, no negatrait, they'd be easy if you just played them long enough, like Chorfs, the easier slow AG 2 team with rubbish linemen.

Now, in contrast, Vamps totally get better once you blodge them all, and the regen/apo combination on them lets them live too long and ultimately become stronger than they should be. Apothecaries shouldn't work on regen critters, though Trolls would never get anywhere then, not that they do anyway, it's just that Troll teams are already too weak.