43 coaches online • Server time: 19:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record: You're all very welcome to keep your teams of course Smile
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to change teams, in general I think it kind of defeats the point in the league a bit IMO. with the tagline "The only way out is death" it's Draugr till I die!

Does it need to be made easier for newer teams? Older teams start to get more and more perms in general and also suffer from bloat as they can't fire players that have more skills than useful or cripples of course. I don't necessarily find it easier against newer teams either I have found this season.

Either way happy to hear some of the other old timers deciding to carry on with original teams. Part of a league I love is building up the history with of rivalries against various teams, can't do that if people change teams all the time.

DLE College 7s
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
kind of defeats the point in the league a bit IMO

I'm glad your staying put at Durfang.

Here's the thinking: Isn't it better if a coach re-rolls teams instead of quitting the league or play a team they dislike very much playing? If a coach is tired of the race, he can change, if not, he sticks with his team. Remember it comes around only every 4 seasons. I expect most coaches will keep their teams.

However, maybe some will even stay longer because of this later possibility.

I'm confident that the pros outweigh the cons (there aren't many) in this one.

Matthueycamo wrote:
Part of a league I love is building up the history with of rivalries against various teams, can't do that if people change teams all the time.

You and me both. But you can't do it if people quit either.

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %08, %2016 - %04:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
Timetis

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Keeping the norse!

Bloated? Ha, that's just like your opinion, dude.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Rules changes ahead

Wish I could have read this...

Doofr

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I struggle with the skavens, cant say im happy to deal with thoses filfhty rats...

But when im playing a league, i'm falling in love with my pixels, even thoses rats...Too curious to see how they will turn in the future and its good to know thats thoses pain in the ass will play until their death...No golden retreat with fans...

So i will stick with thoses andim like Mathueycamo, i hope to see the more teams stay, to see one day a bunch of old crippled players playing in the snow with a spiked ball...

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Doofr, you should play some more ranked skaven to practice. It's what I do from time to time when I want to work on something for my Undead. Never actually played as them before this league. I don't think were are too dissimilar as coaches you could probably get pretty good with some practice.

DLE College 7s
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be sticking with the Amazons as well. The chance to change teams is appreciated, but as some mentioned already, after a couple of seasons, I prefer to stick to the team I started out with.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The match between the Nilfheim Nightmares (Vamps) and the crippled softie orks wasn't quite the easy walk in the park as expected. Instead it will be a long and suffering road till the Nilfheimer Rookies actually become some real Nightmares....

Comment from the coach:
"The damn halfling cook made some terrible stew (only stole 2 re-rolls) and the half-blinded wizzard put only one ork down without even burning his flesh. We need better support next time, I guess. The crippled orks unfortunately broke some bones (6 CAS) and even found the touchdown zone. Really unexpected loss!" Rolling Eyes
Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have only been here for 2 seasons. Does that mean I am stuck with pact for another 2? Shocked

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill stick with the damned dorfs too, that doesn't mean I like them, its more to do with the special rules in this league, I will play with the hand im dealt. I couldn't belive it when I was dealt them, of all the numerous races I was dealt the team I despise most of all! But no matter, ill just play them unfairly and despicable then, and when its all over, ill never touch another dorf team.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, same here, I'll stay in Kärsämäki.
I had never played Nurgle before, I have played very little outside the league since, but I love my team of useless Warriors with 3ag or no cas in 116 blocks Smile

some teams are getting bloated but it would be nice to have a little more push for the rookie teams than just the normal inducements.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
I have only been here for 2 seasons. Does that mean I am stuck with pact for another 2? Shocked

It does. Twisted Evil However there is the small print (there is always small print). If a stunty race becomes available, all coaches may now opt in for those.

Also note: seasons will be slightly quicker in 2017 (by compressing the playoffs-cas cup-off season period, the 10 day game turnaround will remain like before).

If you're on the verge of gouging your eyes out howevere, there's always the 1 season quarantine route.

I'd recommend to stick though - you will grow to like them eventually. I've learned to not hate elves for example. Pact becomes good at slightly higher TVs Very Happy

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %08, %2016 - %13:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
I will play with the hand I'm dealt.

That's the spirit I was hoping for! Thanks guys.

Nextflux wrote:
and when its all over, ill never touch another dorf team.

That's also the spirit!
Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2016 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Throweck wrote:

It does. Twisted Evil However there is the small print (there is always small print). If a stunty race becomes available, all coaches may now opt in for those.

Also note: seasons will be slightly quicker in 2017 (by compressing the playoffs-cas cup-off season period, the 10 day game turnaround will remain like before).

If you're on the verge of gouging your eyes out howevere, there's always the 1 season quarantine route.

I'd recommend to stick though - you will grow to like them eventually. I've learned to not hate elves for example. Pact becomes good at slightly higher TVs Very Happy

Then I shall endeavour to get them to where I want them to be Smile