13 coaches online • Server time: 05:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be better if they could get mighty blow. but because they dont have at least str 3 they cant get it.
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd try the roster like this:

0-1 Minotaur 110000 5 5 2 8 Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Horns, Thick Skull, Always Hungry, Big Guy, Throw Team-mate, Wild Animal S Ph
0-2 Centigor 100000 6 3 2 8 Horns, Bonehead, Sprint S Ph
0-4 Ungor 60000 6 2 3 7 Horns S Ph
0-16 Bray 40000 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty S Ph

Then there's easy adjustments for over or underpowered rosters.

Overpowered? Make brays S1 with horns. Underpowered? G access centigors.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Not enough Frenzy....

0-1 Minotaur
0-2 Gor 6 3 2 7 Horns, Frenzy, Wild Animal GSP
0-16 Ungor 6 1 3 7 Horns, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff SPh

3 Wild Animals with frenzy plus S access on everyone. Sufficiently different without being overly complex or too powerful.

Besides... why should a team get seven positionals if none of them get thrown out?

__Synn
**Note: I left out any mention of a centigor cos that would be the perfect Star Player for this team.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

To those who wrote:
St 1 + Horns

Brays don't have Horns. Read the fluff.

Removing G access from the Centigors is certainly a possibility. I'd prefer that before changing the Brays to A access since that's very un-fluffy.

e.g.

0-1 Minotaur 110000 5 5 2 8 Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Horns, Thick Skull, Always Hungry, Big Guy, Throw Team-mate, Wild Animal S Ph
0-2 Centigor 100000 6 3 2 8 Horns, Really Stupid, Sprint S Ph
0-4 Ungor 60000 6 2 3 7 Horns S Ph

*Also note that the Ungors cannot get Dodge or Block without doubles. Even with a few Guards, blocking (either for or against) won't be a sure thing.

*EDIT* I went ahead and removed G access from the Centigors.

Last edited by Craftnburn on %b %12, %2007 - %18:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

They have little nubs growing in.... ramming someone with them is the equivlent to a fling punch (another ST 2 occurance).

__Synn
**Speaking of nubs... where is meech when you need him
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, they have basically no horns, but to another stunty it probably has an impact like that. But really, thats pushing it, they shouldn't have horns. Brays are beastmen with basically no horns (ungors are the typical ones with little nubs).

But Synn, bloodbowl already has a statline for a Gor, 6 3 3 8 horns, GSP. I like this team because it's beastmen, but all the gors are off on the chaos and nurgle teams (who tend not to take minotaurs), so the rest of the herd bands together to make a pathetic attempt at a team.

And RS isn't needed on the centigor if he has no general, just make them bonehead. I could see a case for making them frenzied if you want to have more frenzy on the team, but I like the horned/S access team. Kinda funny, since the team will max out at one skill (they'll only have piling on, multiblock and break tackle as skill choices after that).

Why do they get 7 positionals? Because there's no reason not to. I don't think ungors are actually any better than brays. Hit a little harder, but far less resilient.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

These Gors represent the cast-offs of the official teams. Wild and less armoured... makes sense.

__Synn
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

1. /me gets Stunty team with all players having S access.
2. /me take guard on every regular skill, and RSC on doubles.
3. /me slaughters all opponents, since even lucky bombs and chainsaws are not going to take out all my guards, especially considering I have an apo.

Sorry, but an extra BG on other teams won't make up for this, they can largely be avoided, if necessary. Has any of the play-testing been against other coaches and races?

I know I have played very little stunty, but......

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
1. /me gets Stunty team with all players having S access.
2. /me take guard on every regular skill, and RSC on doubles.
3. /me slaughters all opponents, since even lucky bombs and chainsaws are not going to take out all my guards, especially considering I have an apo.

Sorry, but an extra BG on other teams won't make up for this, they can largely be avoided, if necessary. Has any of the play-testing been against other coaches and races?

I know I have played very little stunty, but......

Actually, the lack of agility access is what hurts the team.

Block and tackle are better double choices than RSC, so mutation access tends to be a non-issue except on big guys.

Guard is good, but you can't use the moniker that agility access is nothing compared to guard, since dodge, sidestep and diving tackle are all very important skills for competitiveness. DT in particular is essential to slow down stunty teams.

Also, without access to sure feet, speed will be an issue (rerolls needed for blocks, rerolls needed for pushes, rerolls needed for boneheads, etc..).

If it's overpowered, it can be changed, but this is one of the few totally different proposals for a stunty team. With AV6, no access to block, no way to slow down opponents and so many skills you should take on doubles, it shouldn't be too out there.

I think it should be a forerunner for the new stunty teams.

Quote:
These Gors represent the cast-offs of the official teams. Wild and less armoured... makes sense.

__Synn

About as much sense as your explanation for AG2 night runners.

There's no reason for the team to be about frenzy. That really has nothing to do with what beasts are about. Horns and strength access actually make some sense for the background of the team.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My idea has Horns and ST access. Aside from that... your version offers more positionals (who kinda suck) and nothing different except for the lack of G access all around. Hell.... your version means someone can field 7 players without stunty. Whats the name of the division again? Very Happy

Mine has frenzy. Frenzy fits in very well for beastmen fluff.

My prior explanation for night runners was a joke.

__Synn
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Brays

The word bray comes from the braying and whinnying cacophony that Beastmen often make when they come together to fight or feast. Brays are lesser Beastmen and if it weren't for the fact they are hornless they could be mistaken for the greater Gor variety. If a Bray develops horns, as a result of mutation, then they will be sawn off in order that the Beastman can never be taken for a Gor. Sometimes an especially cunning Bray may rise to become the leader of a band of Beastmen, but this is not very common because Gors do not like Brays giving them orders. This is compounded by the fact that if Brays do not give Gors sufficient respect they are usually roundly beaten, or much worse.

So ST1 horns actually doesn't make sense.

Quote:
UNGOR

Ungors are the lesser Gor breed. They usually bear several mutations and tend to have small, scabby little horns; and these are not always on their head. Some Ungors may have a single fine horn and a Beastman with this protrusion is often a source of considerable envy. In short, Ungors are very varied in appearance.

Ungors make sense with horns though. I like that statline, since as tough as a weak human.

And frenzy really doesn't make sense for general beastmen....but it could for a centigor. What something more like this:

0-2 Centigor 110000 6 3 2 8 Horns, Frenzy, Bonehead, Sprint S Ph
0-2 Ungor 60000 6 2 3 7 Horns S Ph

Less ungors (not that they're actually any better than brays), centigors get the potential to be very deadly, but without doubles, they're highly unreliable. Brays are fragile, but quite handy after a skill.

Ungors are 'reliable' blitzers, whereas the other positionals get a little more glory.

edit: and I criticize your night runner joke, because that appears to be the only real explanation for a tacked on nerf. S1 AV6 would've made alot more sense.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't my call. Changes to Eshin were Christer's alone. My personal take would have been to remove the team completely.

Aside from nixing them, I liked the ST 1 and no hands nerf.

__Synn
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Lack of A access is not enough when the Brays have Dodge and Stunty. Dodge+Stunty+Guard = 2 3+ rolls with skill RR to get a 2 dice block on any stunty in a cage.

Remove Dodge from the Bray, and we can talk.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the dodge/guard combo is particularly bad. Honestly not. Mabey if there wasn't a team that started with it.

I am still all for giving the basic fodder ST 1 so they are suitably weak. Imagine...

Bray: "I'm a guard! I can stand here and annoy you"
Head Carver: "Fine by me....."
WHAM
SPLAT
dripping sound

__Synn
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

....exactly
 Jump to: