32 coaches online • Server time: 09:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadTias

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
No no, I think he has a point Pete. With so few americans on the site its not really a suprise that they dont have any real talent.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=locator Laughing
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well (for example), you'd not expect Aussies to win their fair share since for coaches on site, as a generalisation, they keep themselves to them-SWL-elves. Not everyone could give a crap about [R] or majors or whatever (not banging my drum, just saying!), and that's a significant group that fits that bill.

So, Shadow might have a point, Americans might struggle in their timezone to get the needed erm 'builder' games to compete, or not care, or whatever as a generalisation. I've never been on at US home-from-work time to see what gamefinder looks like.

Or they might be rubbish.

A couple of years ago I did try and come up with some sort of team World Cup type of affair, but got no interest, despite there being a 14 page thread involving several nations that died right at the last minute when the original founder dropped off. Maybe BB coaches aren't all that patriotic?

If it wasn't ze Germans at #1, would a very English Pete care? Wink
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, missed the word "participating" there. I had assumed that shadow had some reason to claim that there werent many.... perhaps they are just thick Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The US-gamefinder looks alot more bashy from my memory. I was over there for a year and you could see the tides of orcs/dorfs/undead coming, when the euro-coaches logged off. Then again.. this was about 3 years ago.
Then again - I had my 2 top 8 appearences, when I was playing based in the united states. That cable modem sure gave me some dice mojo! So if we count myself as from the US for those 13 month I was over there, everyone would be happy. Ze Germans, because we are still on top, the US-boys because they have a title and the brits, because they are not THAT far away from the germans.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
SillySod wrote:
No no, I think he has a point Pete. With so few americans on the site its not really a suprise that they dont have any real talent.

this has little to no relevance, seeing as how i was talking about participation in the majors, not site membership....

good try though Smile

--j

ImageImage
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:

FUMBBL majors’ champions (nations)
Germany 6
UK 4
Finland 2
Sweden 2
Australia 1
Austria 1
Belgium 1
Denmark 1
France 1
Italy 1
Portugal 1
Spain 1

Cool
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
MadTias wrote:

Germany 6
UK 4

Cool

Hush. Ownage

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Melmoth wrote:
MadTias wrote:

Germany 6
UK 4

Cool

Hush. Ownage

Dicerapes are not a factor;-)
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course they are. Pete wouldnt have those majors without a fair few dicerapes.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Of course they are. Pete wouldnt have those majors without a fair few dicerapes.

Quite right!

Interestingly, all my finals have been against Germans. So 2-1 to England at the moment!!!

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
SillySod wrote:

Hey, I am on the list for final 8 appearances. Bastig!

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
SillySod wrote:

Quite right!

Interestingly, all my finals have been against Germans. So 2-1 to England at the moment!!!
Cool

not true...Dominik is no german
fly

Post   Posted: May 03, 2009 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

and if he was, he was expatriated long ago... he hasn't noticed yet tho.

MadTias

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

GLT V
Coach Malmir’s Orc team Fleetfoot’s Revenge are the GLT 2009 champions! Congratulations!

Malmir’s Orcs beat coach Leijonet’s Chaos team Words in the 2-1 final. Both final teams are old and respected, Revenge having played over 150 games and Words over 250. Having such illustrious teams in the final emphasizes the epic feel of the majors.

This was Malmir’s second and Leijonet’s third appearance in a major’s top-8, but the first final for both. Coach Sickroy also made her second appearance, while the remaining five top-8 coaches made their first. Fleetfoot’s Revenge and Sickroy’s DE team Burn the Witch have appeared in top-8 before, and as always it’s good to see old teams returning again to fight for glory. I was almost certain that Words had also appeared before, but it turns out that it was their fellows in Leijonet’s Unholy Trinity. Coach PeteW retains his lead in all-time trophies and his shared lead (with BooAhl) in top-8 appearances.

Races
Orcs move to the top spot with their fifth major’s trophy, equalling WE in number of trophies. They also increase their lead over DE in final appearances (ten to eight). The most exciting piece of news from the 23rd FUMBBL major is however that Spreading Jan Far and Wide finally made the first majors top-8 appearance for Norse! Congratulations Norse, and respect to coach SillySod, who keeps on competing with the sub-par races (in the last UI it was Vampires).

Other than the Norse and the DE, it was a bashy tournament, with two Orc, two Undead, one Dwarf and one Chaos team in the top-8. Undead are a surprise, they don’t usually get many teams into the top-8, let alone two in the same tourney. With that performance, Undead passed Humans in the all-time top-8 racial standings, while Orcs cemented their all-time top spot at 38 appearances.

With Norse out of the way, there are now six races left with no top-8 appearance: Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire. Will the flat entry method with cash exceptions for stunties make them able to go that far? Methinks not, but I still applaud the effort from major tourney admin PurpleChest to make the majors more diverse.

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the LC!
pingus

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Excelent work. Nice to read, thanks. Smile
 Jump to: