75 coaches online • Server time: 22:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming this is the current roster now
Quote:
0-2 Rat Ogres 6 5 2 8 Big Guy, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, Prehensile Tail - S, Ph 140k
0-6 Giant Rats 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, No Hands, Really Stupid, Right Stuff, Razor Sharp Claws - A, Ph 40-50k (?)
0-2 Packmasters 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Guard, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry - A, Ph 80 (?)
0-8 Throtlings 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate - A, Ph 30k

Star Ratcentaur 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, RSC, Dauntless - 60k (?)
RRs at 70k
Apo Yes
Wiz no

I would sugegst the following changes:

Rat Ogres: Fine
Rats: Fine (my guess 50k)
Packmaster: I prefered the thower approach, I dont think the team needs TTM just because its stunty, I would ditch guard, hungry and TTM and add tail (ie whip) and give them passing access
Throtling: Fine
Stars: Think we need a Master (6337, leader, guard, block)?
kwèk

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
5 different players is more then most teams though, as discussed above.

Lets do the counting game :

Wood elves:
Treeman
Wardancer
Catcher
Thrower
Lineman
= 5 diffrent players !!!

Undead:
Mummy
Ghoul
Wight
Skeleton
Zombie
= 5 diffrent players !!!

Humies:
Ogre
Blitzer
Thrower
Catcher
Lino
= OMG 5 Diffrent players !!!

Orcs:
Troll
BOB
Blitzer
Lino
Gobo
Thrower
= Djeezes christ have they gone mad?

shall I continue ? It's not "that" unussual except for stunties. But this is not a normal team. you have 6 players that have no idea how to carry the ball.
2 rat ogres (wich will probably end in disaster, cause they are wild)
I mean common!
Not to mention that everyone in this team (except for the ogre) is EXTREMELY squishy (like it should be... but they dont have regen or thick skull to back them up) Killing the few positionals you have that do have ball carier capacity will win you the game. At least the ma 9 guys give you a small edge. And even tough they are good, they are not "that great".

Yeah silly you are right abouth the trots but they are as good as a hallfing and you won't use them that often if you like putting the rats on the table.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant amongs the stunty teams (sorry if that was unclear).
Yes this team has lots of drawbacks, but I prefer to err on the side of caution. The team could then be adjusted after thourough playtesting if needed.
Perhaps a 5th position would be good, but if so it will need to be balanced against the other stunty teams. We cannot have the best BGs aswell as the quickest players Wink

I like the idea of a master star! Smile
Then we would have 2 to pick from.
kwèk

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Annyway, Test it and let me know.
But after 20 games where those few guys that can handle a ball will be killed over and over again. Getting not much more then 30 spp, and those that will get more will niggle because of ageing. (they will be the prime targets)
You will remember the "labrat" idea, and maybe make them a bit less fast.
And that groovy duck that told you how it could have been.
And I shall be smiling at you from somewhere high in the sky, and laughing because you didnt beleve me !

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, sounds good! Very Happy
All feedback sure is welcome and we might well yet find some version of another labrat ballcarrier in there! Wink
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires:
Thralls
Vampires

OMG 5... wait.....

Very Happy

Sorry, I couldnt resist. I see what you were getting at really, I shll remember the groovy duck, have no fear.

Edit: that master is cool. Make him a freebooter!

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Agenda42

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2008 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Kwek, remember to keep the Throtlings really bad Smile

I would like 5226 dodge, stunty, two heads myself. I like the idea of having relatively few competent ballhandlers on the team, but I think this has a very different flavor than the nurgle line.
Molt

Post   Posted: May 31, 2009 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

"Packmaster: I prefered the thower approach, I dont think the team needs TTM just because its stunty, I would ditch guard, hungry and TTM and add tail (ie whip) and give them passing access "

I agree with Jkaen - I think drop the TTM, and give them prehensile tail. I disagree about the passing access - I say give them pro instead.

I also think throtlings should be 0-6 and the giant rats 0-8. The rats should be a swarm not just one

this makes it:
0-2 Rat Ogres 6 5 2 8 Big Guy, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, Prehensile Tail - S, Ph 140k
0-8 Giant Rats 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, No Hands, Really Stupid, Right Stuff, Razor Sharp Claws - A, Ph 40-50k (?)
0-2 Packmasters 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Guard, Prehensile tail, Pro - A, Ph 80 (?)
0-6 Throtlings 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate - A, Ph 30k

Star Ratcentaur 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, RSC, Dauntless - 60k (?)
RRs at 70k
Apo Yes
Wiz no
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 31, 2009 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh Moulder feedback! Very Happy
I still love the team idea but now I doubt if it would ever be implemented =(
Anyone done more playtest with 'em?
Cheers

SL
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2010 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump* for discussion in the S new winds of change.

SL
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2010 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump* for reiterating that no new teams are going to be added at this time, so discuss it all you want, nothing will be considered for the foreseeable future...

--j

ImageImage
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2010 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I know, but there will be needed some playtesting for the possible new teams that could eventually possibly be concidered (after all the current things are done) and that takes time too Wink

SL
JJ47

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2010 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Got to agree with Shadow on this one.

Despite my love of inventive and well balanced new teams (and yours may / could be both) and given I also used to write for the Citadel Journal (and later / currently Fanatic Press on various systems as a freelance designer) on such things and can appreciate good games design when I see it, given the way things are, this ain't gonna happen.

I tried the same thing with my Troglodyte (Trogs) team and put in over 100 matches of play-testing during which they got a damn near perfect 33% - 33% - 33% win-loss-draw average (and a fairly similar TD and CAS average, including the necessary OFAB inclusions if you look at the proposed roster) against all the current stunty rosters (though, admittedly, not against each roster specifically, as could be expected) and this still apparently wasn't good enough to warrent inclusion or even major discussion.

This took the best part of 5 months to complete to a suitably professional standard, so my suggestion is save yourself the hastle and time and just accept stunty ain't for changing any time soon.

I hate to be the one to say this, given my ideas for stunty inclusion were crushed in the same way, but I would hate for you to waste as much time as I did on the play-testing stage just to be equally disappointed!

Kudos from a games developing front as the team seems reasonably well balanced (until further play-testing has occured) with a fairly unique mechanic (though of course it would require extensive play-testing, which if it got to that stage I would be happy to help with) and a background which can be appropriately extrapolated and expanded from both flavour text and the Warhammer universe and has suitable background detail and fluff, but we have to accept that stunty just ain't for changing any time soon!

Unfortunatley, this is how things will remain! At least for the time being.

However, one thing to bare in mind is the power of Claws / RSC against the AVs generaly found in stunty.

Although I admit it TOTALLY fits the fluff for the team, access to such skills must be weighed off against their initial cost.

Prehensile tail don't seem right for the rats as they simply wouldn't be big enough for such an effect (given the only current players who start with this skill are Rogres and Kroxs).

The TTM is a cool idea, but again I don't see this as likely from a fluff POV and don't see the need to modify an ofiicial stat line which is already well tried and tested by thousands of matches.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2010 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the input. Good points! Smile

SL
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2010 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Icons:
Imagemoulderpackmaster1.gif
Imagemoulderpackmaster1an.gif
Imagemoulderpackmaster1b.gif
Imagemoulderpackmaster1ban.gif
Imagemoulderrat1.gif