43 coaches online • Server time: 12:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kalimar! \o/

So, now the discussion is what should the roll be for each weapon? Use the LRB4 values? For reference, here they are:
N.B. These are the rolls you need to make to send off the SW, not keep it on the pitch.

B&C 8+
Bomb 8+
Saw 8+
Blunderbuss 10+
Death Roller 7+
Dagger/Stakes (Stab) 10+
Pogo (not a SW anymore)

I personally think the blunderbuss should be 9+, saws 7+ and the DRollers 6+.

And, will the coding allow SWs that are banned (failing the roll) to use a bribe to try and remain. I think this is important to include.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I ask why the Saws, B&C etc. needet to be Secret Weapons? There will be Sent of to fast and than be the most Teams total useless against the most others. I like it so like it is, good Bombs and B&Cand a few other skills needet to implemted but, I think stunty is at the mom not so weak without these fails, I like it when there dont Send Off.

Damnd its stunty, we need the Blood and dont let the Reff stole the Bloodiest Very Happy.

I think more balacing some Playertyps is the Way to Go.
Give Gnoblars the 3rd BG.
Give the Deathroller from the Slaves Bonehead or Wild Animal and not more much skill access SGA pretty to much S is enough, Make Slaves 1-8.
Give Squigs a Unit with G Access, hoppers, squigs or a new herdertype like Headherder or something like this.

And why Stabs "Secret weapon", its a normal thing in Bloodbowl after these CRB change. DE Assasines and the other SPlayers are no Secret Weapons too.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@WhatBall: everything else remains as per LRB6 rules. It's just that the ban for players with the Secret Weapon skill is not automatic, but rolled.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@WhatBall: everything else remains as per LRB6 rules. It's just that the ban for players with the Secret Weapon skill is not automatic, but rolled.

Yes, but what are the rolls? I pray it is not a straight 50% roll for all weapons or something. It should be varied by weapon type, similar to LRB4.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

blunderbuss is gone...replaced by HMP/pass(i think, have to look at my notes), same with pogo being replaced....

neither weapon had mechanics in the new rules, so they were just tossed, and replaced with applicable skills...

stabbing should stay as is...i never was a fan of daggers being a "toss outable" offense...they're half useless most of the time, and easily concealable, whereas a ball and chain, or a running chainsaw...yeah that's a little tougher to hide under some plate mail...

outside of that, a straight up conversion from LRB4 works...the ranges in LRB4 were solid, and didn't need to be tweaked...

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %24, %2012 - %15:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if I was that vague. The value for the penalty roll is specified with the Secret Weapon skill in the roster. No value means default LRB6 behaviour (automatic ban), a given value means that 2d6 are rolled against that value to determine if the player is banned or not.

In XML this looks like:

<skill>Chainsaw</skill>
<skill>Secret Weapon</skill>
or
<skill value="8">Secret Weapon</skill>

Last edited by Kalimar on %b %24, %2012 - %15:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

so in other words, this can be tweaked so that non stunty divisions work as LRB6 intended, but stunty can customize the system a little bit to cater to our needs...

--j

ImageImage
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, thanks. Smile

So anyone with Stab gets to stay on? Will help some of the weaker teams with a stabber or two.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

@Shadow: The Blunderbuss guy with HMP and PASS could still have a SECRET WEAPON skill as above. Which just regulates the send-off. Same with STAB if you want to define it as a secret dagger that may be detected.

In other words: have it any way you like.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Thanks Kalimar! \o/

So, now the discussion is what should the roll be for each weapon? Use the LRB4 values? For reference, here they are:
N.B. These are the rolls you need to make to send off the SW, not keep it on the pitch.

B&C 8+
Bomb 8+
Saw 8+
Blunderbuss 10+
Death Roller 7+
Dagger/Stakes (Stab) 10+
Pogo (not a SW anymore)

I personally think the blunderbuss should be 9+, saws 7+ and the DRollers 6+.

And, will the coding allow SWs that are banned (failing the roll) to use a bribe to try and remain. I think this is important to include.

first of all thank Kalimar and Christer, this is the best news I have heard in ages. Lets hope one day we can modify these values in league too Very Happy

I would move deathroller down to 6+ and ball and chain down to 6+ because they are both better than they used to be especially ball and chains, they no longer kill them self 1 in 6 and knock downs are auto ko which is huge. Probably move chainsaw down to 7 might be a good idea, because you had to start the bugger in lrb4 before you could even use it now you can use it from the get go.

leave blunderbuss alone though, it is already pretty weak. Stab and stakes are fine too, and yeah the pogo as you say shouldnt have SW. Very Happy

Last edited by Garion on %b %24, %2012 - %15:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't give the guys with stab SW. Et voila!

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

stab needs SW in stunty, since everyone has low av and stunty, it is esentially a free MB hit. and a 10+ penalty means they will stay onmost of the time, it worked perfectly before so should again imo.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
Just don't give the guys with stab SW. Et voila!

Or you give them a very high value, such as 12+, to represent the fact that they are illegal, but hard to notice.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Good points Garion.
Here are the suggested rolls for ejection:

B&C 6+
Death Roller 6+
Dwarven Cannon 7+
Saw 7+
Bomb 8+
Skryre Sharpshooter 9+
Dagger/Stakes (Stab) 10+

I think the former Blunderbuss types can be handled differently based on how good they are and how noticable on the pitch.