38 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Relezite

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey apo i think your draft numbers got misaligned because I did not draft that kicker.
Apojar

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The earlier post was my "mock draft". It was a write-up of how "the Committee" (for fluff purposes) thought the draft would go, but obviously, that wasn't how it actually happened.

Robo actually drafted that kicker, as I recall. Denver should be featured in the next segment of the BDSN's draft review later today.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed I drafted the +st kicker. Awesome job on the first five I'm excited to read the rest and hear your opinion of my pick
Apojar

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mock drafts are always done before the actual draft occurs, so you have the fun of analyzing and discussing the thoughts of how people think. My mock was written up after the first 4 picks were completed, so I just speculated from there on.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 23:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Current status of the draft picks and whether they've been trained up and fixed yet. Players with -- are incomlete yet. A line with -- only just means the player isn't even hired on the team. I've also added notes about spp quirks, for example guys that got a bonus MVP in their final build match. Keep working guys!

Schwinke +MVP
Skelland
--
Gembala
-- not renamed, short spp
--
Agbor
Pace
Bryant
Hausladen
Jones
Lizzy
--
--
Sawblade
-- Gueppe - still short spp
-- Thornton - very short spp
Stiffen +MVP, 1spp over
--Clark - short spp
Bowman
Big Mac
Spanisson
--Ware - short spp
--
Morgandottir
Criddle +MVP
Steele
--
--
--
Red
Diem +MVP
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice apojar, I've been awaiting he analysis of the draft? Keep up the good job
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: We're back from commercial. Welcome back to the BDSN's NBFL Draft Analysis and Review special. Just to recap the first 5 teams, we've already given out an A+, an A, two B-, and a D.

WIPER JR: I'm sure we'll have just as wide of selection in teams 6-10, but Stabbem now starts us off with the 6th pick in this year's inagural draft.

TAMPA BAY
Race: Wood Elf
Draft Choice: Marcus Easley (Wardancer)
Skills: Block, Dodge, (+AG) - 42 points
Grade of Pick: D (CHEFCTER), C (WIPER JR)

CHEFCTER: Let the debate about this pick begin. Tampa is a brand new franchise, and their needs are aplenty. The one thing they did NOT need here was a Tree. Their up-and-coming Sapp-roling is going to leave a mark in the NBFL... in the heads of a few opponents. They currently have only one Wardancer on the payroll. They don't employ a thrower. They currently have one Catcher on the roster, who is going to be a dandy. That's the upside for Tampa Bay.

The downsides are a few. Their lack of skills, being an expansion team, is a difficulty to work with. The draft pick selected, however, leaves me scratching my head. Let's break down why.

Having two Wardancers is fantastic, of course. Nobody will argue that point. Wardancers, however, start on the roster with Block/Dodge/Leap. Tampa has hired Easley to fill their missing Blitzer role, in reality only gaining the +AG to the player's abilities. You've essentially drafted a player with ONLY +AG, when you really break it down.

WIPER JR: Now hold on, Chefcter. There has to be some kind of mention about the theories of "Best Man on the Board", or even drafting to block other teams. I had thought that may have been the thinking behind the pick.

CHEFCTER: It could possibly be a blocking move, but he was not the best man left on the board: at least, not for what Tampa needed. I'm not entirely sure it was a blocking move, as the next team in the division to draft was Atlanta at the 18.

WIPER JR: Well, let's look at it this way Chef... By drafting this player, his points get reduced down to something in scale. He will probably be in the low 10s for spp's and can then really start to take Easley in whatever direction they want to...

CHEFCTER: Kill, I understand your point, but when you draft at the 6, and you play in the NBFL, you come to play right away. Tampa needed a player that would make a massive impact right away. IF IF IF Tampa had hired Marcus Easley to be a Thrower, that would have been a grade of A, as ball control/movement with an AG5 thrower on Wood Elves is impossible to deal with.

Looking at it from this reporter's chair, if I was Tampa, and I knew that my target was a Wardancer, I wouldn't have looked further than Northern Lustria's LeShon Johnson (+AG and Side Step at 29 points). He would be developed just to the right point where he'd be AG5/Block/Dodge/SideStep/Leap, and only 2 points away from his next skill, whichever way he trained next. I thought a different player would have been far more efficient at the selected skill, but Wiper, what do you think?

WIPER: I think that the position was important to get, but I agree. The right player wasn't chosen. There's still the theory (which I subscribe to) that you don't let this player go to anybody else, and/or having a player this young to develop as you see fit can be of tremendous benefit to a new squad. I wouldn't give it the low grade you did, Stabbem, but I'd give it a C.

CHEFCTER: I felt it a missed opportunity by Tampa's front office, Kill. I have to give it a D.

WIPER: Fair enough for us to disagree, Stabbem. I'll start on the 7th pick.

HOUSTON
Race: Lizardman
Draftee: Harris Agbor (Saurus)
Skills: Block, Dodge, MB
Grade of Pick: C- (WIPER JR) C (CHEFCTER)

CHEFCTER: Ok, why did you think this wasn't a good pick, Kill?

WIPER JR: Let's look at the Houston roster. Before drafting, they had a young, but still very serviceable Big Guy in Brian Cushing. Their front line was 5 extremely talented saurii and a rookie. The skink core, however, was very under-developed.

CHEFCTER: I'm with you so far, Kill. Thought they should have gone with a skink?

KIPER JR: I think so, Stabbem, only because of the player pool that was available to them. It's very rare that you see a player come along that could be as troublesome as a Block/Dodge/AG4/Sure Hands skink. Houston had the opportunity in front of them, and chose not to jump on it. They elected to add to their already proven strength in an enormous front 7.

CHEFCTER: I'm with you on this, Kill. If Houston was going to draft a Saurus with its selection, they could have had a Block/Guard/MB/Break Tackle force in Zac Zielinksi, who was still on the board at the time. He even fits more closely to the current squad's chemisty, with ALL of the saurii having Break Tackle. The reason I didn't go as low as you did, Kill, was because they drafted a 48 point player. That's only a TD away from yet another skill, which we can only assume would be Break Tackle.

WIPER JR: I just felt, Stabbem, that the front line was an enormous strength for the team. It is just that much more now, but the underbelly of this squad, the boys that will have to be handling the ball and maneuvering in the backfield behind the saurii REALLY needed some upgrading or help. The level of improvement by adding the sixth saurus was small. The level of improvement by adding a super skink would have been enormous for Houston's squad. Houston's front office didn't give it to them.

CHEFCTER: Kill, we didn't even touch on the fact that Houston could have drastically upgraded their Big Guy in the center by adding NLH's Thin Lizzy.

WIPER JR: Absolutely right, Stabbem. Lizzy could have matched the motif of the front line perfectly by adding Lizzy to the roster.

CHEFCTER: Two teams down, 3 to go in this segment. Yet another head-scratcher coming next..

ARYZONA
Race: Skaven
Draftee: Bill Pace (Thrower ???)
Skills: Block, Dodge, (+AG) - 36 points
Grade of Pick: C (CHEFCTER) C (WIPER JR.)

CHEFCTER: Ok, with this pick, we can somewhat understand that the skaven from the desert wanted to draft some agility. Why a Thrower here? The squad already has a fairly serviceable quarterback in Kevin Kolb.

WIPER JR: Aryzona may try to subscribe to the elven way of ball handling. Move the ball way into the backfield, sit there, then throw when the time arises. AG4 fits that game plan, but wouldn't you agree that there is something a little bit better to facilitate a skaven passing game like that, Stabbem?

CHEFCTER: Kill, I couldn't agree with you more. Having a 4th Gutter Runner to open the season seems like, at least to Kill and I, the far more important move to make. An AG5/SS/DT/Dodge Gutter would have been a defensive force, or even still a Block/Dodge/AG5 Gutter to play both sides of the ball? Aryzona had BOTH of those options in front of them at draft time, and passed.

WIPER JR: They even passed on the Kicker out of Oregon, the enormously strong Blake Hausladen. He could have offered them a THIRD linerat with inhuman strength, as well as the Kicker they need. It just seems to me, as well as Stabbem, that there were a few other players that were better fits for the pass-happy Aryzona squad. With that, I'll move on to the next team in the draft...

GREEN BAY
Race: Slann
Draftee: Jarod Bryant, JR. (Catcher)
Skills: Block, (+AG) - 19 points
Grade of Pick: A- (WIPER JR.) B (CHEFCTER)

WIPER JR: Ok, everyone from here to St. Jose knew that Green Bay was going to draft a Catcher. Good Big Guy, very solid Blitzers, good balanced Linemen, NO Catchers. Green Bay's front office knew where it needed to be. I have to guess that Green Bay was hoping that either Easley or Pace (Block/Dodge/+AG) fall to them at 9, but to no avail.

Green Bay wanted a +AG/Block/Dodge player to be their reliable ball handler. They grabbed the best thing that was available to them with Bryant, filling the role they desperately sought.

CHEFCTER: I can't terribly argue with you. The only other player I felt that could have suited Green Bay would have been Derrork Clark from Pain State. It's possible to value Block/Dodge/Accurate highly for an already AG4 player. He comes ready to dispense the ball, or hold it in a pinch with Blodge. I have to agree with Kill, however, in that the AG5 may prove to be the difference in many a match in Green Bay's future.

DENVER
Race: Undeaad
Draftee: Blade Hausladen
Skills: Kick, (+ST)
Grade of Pick: A (both)

CHEFCTER: I think Kill and I are in agreement on this selection. Denver's Wights and Mummies are solid. The two places, therefore, that you could look to improve on was in the Ghoul core, or in the zombies.

Denver already employs 3 ghouls on the roster, one of which already has Block/Dodge/+AG. If you look at the list of the remaining Skilled players for drafting, there's not a "match made in heaven" to be drafted here.

So, Denver's front office wisely looked at improving the zombie core. With 5 zombies already employed, they ALL utilize some questionable tactics to remove players from the pitch. Denver didn't currently employ a Kicker. Selecting Hausladen for the squad, Denver's front office thought, was the best player available. Wiper and I completely agree.

WIPER JR. We are throught the first 10 selections of this season's NBFL draft. Stay tuned as we continue to dissect what squads improved or missed the boat.

CHEFCTER: We'll be back after these brief commercials. You're watching BDSN's NBFL Draft Analysis and Review.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Woot got an A for my pick nice
Mercutio

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Loving the draft analysis Apo.
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. It's time consuming to review/type up, which is why I have to take commercial breaks after every 5...
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2012 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back, NBFL fans, to the BSDN's special coverage of the NBFL Draft Analysis/Review. I'm your co-host, Stabbem Chefcter. Alongside me is the long-time BSDN's own supreme analyst, Mr. Kill Wiper Jr.

WIPER JR: We're through the first ten teams of this first ever draft, folks. The grades have been pretty diverse thus far, but let's see how this next batch did with their selections. Let's start this segment with the 11th selection overall...

PHILADELPHIA
Race: Skaven
Draftee: Marvin Jones (Gutter Runner)
Skills: (+AG), Side Step, Diving Tackle - 39 points
Grade of Pick: A (both)

The Cheesegles have a very well-respected coach, and a broad array of talent on their roster. Let's dive into it: they already employ two young throwers, but with what is left in the Skilled position of the draft, there isn't a good fit there for Philly. Next, a Big Guy. Philly has Reggie White on the roster. Reggie is still young, but has talent. There IS a possible fit there, but let's come back to that possibility.

Next, the Gutter Runners. Philadelphia had only 3, so there is certain room for one here. Their coach already has a speed burner who scores in a short amount of time. They already have a hitting type of Gutter in the MONSTER Nnamdi Asiagomugha. Fans, trust me when I tell you that he will be on a lot of team's hit lists early on. They also have 1 harassing Gutter Runner in DeSean PepperJackson. A second harasser would certainly not be out of the cards for Philly, but before we completely jump the gun, let's examine the last possibility for them, the linerats.

This draft had a LOT of very useful lineman players available to it. We would have said it had been the best draft ever for lineplayers, if it hadn't been for the fact that this has been the ONLY draft ever.... Having said that, Philly's linerats are inexpensive, not terribly developed, but serve exactly the purposes they are there for. Philly doesn't need a DP or a Kicker. They have 2 other Blocking linerats already. Because Philly's linerat turnover rate (of players, not the ball) is expected to be high, it wasn't prudent, according to Philly's front office, to invest their fist ever draft pick on a linerat.

So, now that we've examined all the positions, we had two possibilites: a Gutter, and a Big Guy. Thin Lizzy is sitting on the board at this point, but does he offer a HUGE improvement over The Minister of Defense?

The answer is NO, but why?

If you examine the roster construction of Philadelphia, you'll notice a well-trained pattern. Their coach doesn't rely on a Big Guy to perform any "vital" function on the pitch other than tying up a player or two from dodging away. The skill positions for Philadelphia are very well defined/fleshed out. Those positions will be the rats doing the brunt of the work, so it makes far more sense to add someone in the Skilled Position that serves well. In this case, that would be a Gutter, and Philly wisely takes the best one on the board at the time. The right pick at the right time for Coach Relezite.

CHEFCTER: Ok, now it's my turn again. Team 12 for me.

KNUTINGTON
Race: Norsemen
Draftee: Thin Lizzy Jr. (Snow Troll/Yhetti)
Skills: Block, Guard, Break Tackle - 33 points
Grade of Pick: A+

Like Kill did with the previous team, let's break down the roster as it currently exists: 2 top notch berserkers already on the roster, so that's not an option. The two Ulfwereners are both well-skilled and valuable. That is also not an option.

The Thrower is more than adequate for this squad, as they won't be throwing a TON. They'll shuffle down the field by smooshing faces along the way. The Runner they employ, Art Monk, is VERY good. He'll be someone that will give other squads fits. Neither of those two positions would need improvement, based on what is left on the board.

So, the Linemen are next to look at. On Knutington, you either Guard, or you Fend. There are a few options that are worth looking at, considering that Guard is incredibly useful on the Norseman squads, but....

Look at the possibility left on the board for a a Snow Troll, which Knutington didn't have. Thin Lizzy fell all the way to 12, a Block/Guard/Break Tackle Snow Troll that already has Frenzy and Claw???? Knutington must have wet themselves when Lizzy came down to them. Oh, and let's throw Disturbing Presence on a Snow Troll as well, in case you were thinking about throwing the ball.... A GREAT GREAT pickup for Knutington to draft in the 12. They knew what they needed, it came to them, and they had the presence to grab him, hitting the home run.

WIPER JR: Ok, stop having all the fun! It's my turn back in the saddle...

TAINTED SEA
Race: Underworld
Draftee: D'Ashanti Demonfury (Skaven Thrower)
Skills: Block, Side Step, MB (35 points)
Grade of pick: B+

OK, we here at BSDN wrestled long and hard with what grade to give this pick. We had originally given it a C-, but upgraded the thought. Here's why...

Roster Breakdown once again:
Warpstone Troll: No worries here, he's very good at what he does. A good hitter.

Skaven Blitzers: an excellent blitzer core. No worries here. 2 more good hitters.

Skaven Linerats: They're not "great", but they're above average. Michael Griffin will prove to be a nuisance, and Robert Beer-O-Nasty is their kicker, and only a TD away from adding another skill.. Not a DRASTIC improvement to be had here.

Skaven Thowers: Hesselbeck is fantastic! He's going to be a contestant for sure for the passing title this season. Only the one thrower on Tainted Sea's roster at the time of the draft.

Underwear Goblins: Here's where there was a dramatic need for improvement. Tainted Sea does already have one goblin with +AG. Every other goblin on the squad, however, is a Two Headed monster. They can get to where they have to go, but once they get there, what will they accomplish, other than taking up space? There were so many good choices here for a big upgrade in the goblin core, but Tainted Sea chooses a THROWER here. Why?

A few reasons we can fathom. (1) Goblins die very easily, and monetarily speaking, Tainted Sea considers them expendable. (2) Adding another thrower adds another bodies with ST3 on their side of the pitch, as well as offers a 2nd set of Sure Hands. (3) By adding THIS PARTICULAR thrower, it allows Tainted Sea to have a 4th hitter on the squad. Demonfury was amongst the "skilled" bracket of players, very few of which could be classified as a CAS-factor. Demonfury actually is, and offers Tainted Sea that much more strength at removing players from the pitch.

So, after all that consideration, BSDN gave the pick a B+.. Surprised?

CHEFCTER: I sure am, Bill. I thought for sure you'd jump on the Goblin bandwagon with that pick.

WIPER JR: I was there at first, Stabbem, but had to think for quite a while on the logic of the pick; you know, where their mind was when they picked who they did.

CHEFCTER: Great analysis there, Bill. I'm on to squad 14 now.

GRINDIANAPOLIS
Race: Dwarf
Draftee: LeShon Johnson (Runner)
Skills: Side Step, (+AG) - 29 points
Grade of Pick: A+

Folks, there's not even a debate here. This was THE pick that Grindianapolis needed to make. A very mobile runner, and tough to corner. In our experience with former head coaches in the NBFL, so many have come back to complain about dodgy, side stepping Runners on Dwarf teams. That's what Grindy grabs here with pick 14.

Grindianapolis is brimming with Guard. An AG4/SS Runner can't be stripped by a Wardancer/GR. The opponent has little chance of dodging/leaping into a cage to free a ball. Now, the ball carrier (and the ball) is going to go wherever Coach Kyyberi says it goes. Mark my words, this guy is going to be a problem that many squads simply won't have an answer for. He'll continue to side step into all the Guards on the squad, and remain safe for a long time to come...

WIPER JR: Couldn't agree with you more, Stabbem.... Pick 15 is mine!

DETROIT
Race: Dwarf
Draftee: Sawblade Lee
Skills: Dodge, Guard, (TACKLE), Stand Firm - 56 (31) points
Grade of Pick: A

Like the last squad, let's do a roster breakdown for Detroit:

RUNNERS: 2 absolutely DREAMY runners in Matt Stafford and Mikel Leshoure.
BLITZERS: 2 excellent Blitzers already here.
TROLL SLAYERS: Both are young, but both hit hard. No worries there.
BLOCKERS: They're not awful by any means. In fact, they're good because they're not flashy. They all Guard, which is tantamount to a Dwarf success story.

So, out of the four positions, assuming of course that they would NOT draft a Deathroller, the Blockers would be the place where improvement could be made. Looking at who was left at the time, Detroit got the best player avaialble for them. Lee is a Dodge/SF/Guard machine who will be very difficult to deal with. He fits the scheme of the Line perfectly, and will make a noticeable difference right away....

CHEFCTER: Let's throw an extra one in here for this segment, as this marks the halfway point of the NBFL Draft Review and Analysis.

CINCINNATI
Race: Skaven (as it was, is, and always should be...)
Draftee: Art Guepe (Linerat)
Skills: Block, (+AG), Sure Hands - 36 points
Grade of Pick: A

FINALLY somebody drafts who was arguably the best player in his/her individual class!

There were a lot of very good Blitzers. There were some very good Skilled players. I don't really think anyone stood head and shoulders above the rest of the field like Art Guepe stood over the Linemen.

Looking at Cincinnati, their strength is the receiver core. 4 very good Gutter Runners already in place, and a mid-career thrower to dispense the ball. The ball shouldn't be a concern to them as much.

Their blitzers are young, and not geared (yet) toward removal. All they need to do is get a knock down so the Gutters take advantage of the gap. The current construction doesn't promote CAS's, but it does promote a lot of 3-0 or even 4-0 wins for Cincinnati.

That leaves a Lineman or a Rat Ogre. With only Ben Criddle left on the board, he doesn't terribly fit with the game plan/philosophy of what Cincinnati wants to do. They may play the whole season without a Rat Ogre, which some people applaud. Guepe gives the linerats much needed assistance with AG4/SH to assist in the rain for Dalton, as well as a screen pass target when the Gutters are enveloped by coverage.... but let's face it, is that really going to happen? Cincinnati helped themselves not by drafting seccksi, but by getting the best player available on the board.

CHEFCTER: Folks, we're halfway through the draft analysis. Stay tuned, because after these commercials, we delve into the second half of the draft, starting with "America's Team", the POMBboys....

WIPER JR: You're watching BSDN, the Blood Sports Daily Network...
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2012 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

NY Jetz vs. Philadelphia Cheesgles, Saturday 9/8 at 11am.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2012 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Pick 11 already dead.
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Folks,

I know it's difficult seeing as how the season is only a few days old, but if possible, I am asking my opponents to try to get me through (if at all possible) week 3. I am getting married this coming Saturday, so after Thursday, I will not be available for 1.5 weeks (we are coming back the next Friday, but don't know how the scheduling will work out yet).

I have already played my week 2 match with the Jets, but looking to get ahead with Aryzona as well. I have Gracehoper next, whom is scheduling as I type.

Thanks folks.
Apo
WingedHuman

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

St Louis Daams Vs. Fangas City Chiefs Wednesday @ 5:30am BBTime

Come watch, enjoy, and cheer on the Daams new Manager as he attempts to bring this franchise out of the gutter. Johan Krasch supposedly won the franchise after winning a bet in the city of Nozz-Hazat which lies somewhere in the Mountain of Ash. Johan immediately fired all of the previous staff and held a tryout camp, where he paid mercenaries to kill off the previous players. After the blood bath Johan built his team from those left standing, with the help of his longest lived friend Jeff thresher they've begun their arduous journey through the ranks of NBFL history, and looking to begin their quest in Blood, Vampire's blood that is

Jump to: