13 coaches online • Server time: 06:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xyon

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Client side changes, would like to see the prices of inducements be able to be changed by the league commish. Would also like to see a 'default inducement' value that the commish can set, and both teams get this value of inducements, or an option where both teams automatically get an inducement. Say you're running a themed league where you want everyone to have babes or bribes or whatever.

Would also like to see an option where, if the team with the lower TV adds their own gold for inducements, it is added to the free inducements they get, instead of subtracting the gold they put in from the inducements they get.

I have some other ideas, but they are site side stuff. Now I just hope Kalimar hasnt forgotten about this thread.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like most of those ideas. Kalimar commented on a option related thread today, so I don't think he's forgotten about this one.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of like the automatic inducement idea, e.g. both teams starting off with a bribe or a babe or whatever...
ArtaXerxes

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
Would also like to see an option where, if the team with the lower TV adds their own gold for inducements, it is added to the free inducements they get, instead of subtracting the gold they put in from the inducements they get.

+1
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ArtaXerxes wrote:
xyon wrote:

+1

+1

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ArtaXerxes wrote:
xyon wrote:

+1

As if the wizard isn't cheap enough already?
I'd like this idea if it weren't for the wizard.
With this rule playing down 140 k will be about as dangerous as playing down 150 k.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
ArtaXerxes wrote:
xyon wrote:

+1

With this rule playing down 140 k will be about as dangerous as playing down 150 k.

Personally, this is the one I didn't like in any shape or form. In my opinion it promotes min-maxing with teams that take low injuries.
xyon

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought I'd suggest it, I think I would add a condition where if the higher TV team uses their own gold for inducements, it does not increase the inducements the other team will get for free.

Just doesnt make sense, to me, for it to go like "we'll give you 110k in gold to help you purchase extra staff for the match if you play us' "no thanks, we'll spend 150k of our own gold to balance things out"

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
I kind of like the automatic inducement idea, e.g. both teams starting off with a bribe or a babe or whatever...

I think just free inducement cash is better then people can buy whatever best suits the occasion.

harvestmouse wrote:
the_Sage wrote:

Personally, this is the one I didn't like in any shape or form. In my opinion it promotes min-maxing with teams that take low injuries.

Though this is [L]eague not the Box and if cost of the wiz can be altered...

A league might want the underdog to have more than the 30% chance.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The fixed amount of inducements is very similar to the option for card money in optional rules in p 32. We have had a TT league with that knd of rule and it was nice.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2012 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like an option that alters what actions give how many spps (though maybe that's not client-side but fumbbl-side?). I guess it's open to abuse, but any team in [L] already is, really.

In Rush and Pass, changing passes to 2 and cas to 0 would be beneficial to our goals.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2012 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

or bringing back spps for fouling!!! then it will no longer be pointless to foul in t16!

[to link with a current thread]

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2012 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
or bringing back spps for fouling!!! then it will no longer be pointless to foul in t16!

[to link with a current thread]

+1

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2012 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I'd like an option that alters what actions give how many spps (though maybe that's not client-side but fumbbl-side?). I guess it's open to abuse, but any team in [L] already is, really.

Probably both.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2012 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

More options added to FFB Test (upcoming version 0.8.10):

freeInducementCash (default: 0)
Both coaches get X extra gold to buy inducements with.

standFirmNoDropOnFailedDodge (default: off)
Stand Firm players do not drop on a failed dodge roll but end their move instead.

spikedBall (default: off)
A Spiked Ball is used for play. Any failed Pickup or Catch roll results in the player being stabbed.

UPDATED original post with the new options as well.
 Jump to: