50 coaches online • Server time: 11:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I still don't understand the purpose of the ungors. Gobbos that blitz at ST 3 without stunty....

They just seem to be included to give the team more types of players without really adding anything special.

__Synn
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

St 1 would be a whole different world.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, im supporting synn here - s2guards all around is completly overpowered for stunty

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The ungors are included because it fits the theme (I think).

Ungors are the smaller breed of beatman with short, pointy horns, quite unlike their gor cousins (that are bigger and have big curly horns) that play in chaos teams.
Brays are smaller still, having no horns and almost no social standing within a herd. They are far from being the snotlings of a bray herd, since they are still stronger than a goblin but life does not treat them well.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
I still don't understand the purpose of the ungors. Gobbos that blitz at ST 3 without stunty....

Gobbo 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff 40K A

Ungor 6 2 3 7 Horns 60K S

My God! They're Identical!!!

gildor_inglorion wrote:
s2guards all around is completly overpowered for stunty

6 spp on 11 players isn't all that easy.

How many games before you think you could pull that off?

By the time you get there, your opponents will be able to handle it.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

heres my idea of what would make a good roster basacaly nicked from orcostar and slightly adjusted
Rerolls:70k
Apo: yes

0-16 Ungor
The meat and bones of all Bray Herds.
Rather ordinary stuntyplayers with the usual low strength and armour.
While some teams have armourvalues of 7 on the bulk of the team I feel
the unarmoured Ungors doesn´t merit that.
Ma-5 St-2 Ag-3 Av-6
Stunty, Dodge, Horns
Access-PhA
Cost-40k

0-1 Centigor
Strong and durable but unpredictable to say the least.
While their constant drinking makes them rather dullwitted it also makes
them fearless enough to go up against any foe.
Ma-6 St-4 Ag-2 Av-8
Sprint, Thick Skull, Bonehead
Access-S
Cost-120k

0-2Ungor Berzerkers
Ma-5 St-2 Ag-3 Av-6
Stunty, Dodge, Horns
Access-PhAG

this leaves it a verry bashy team with a str 3+ blitz each turn from practicaly anywhere on the feildbut not as tough a line when defending I truly truly think that S Access linemen on stunty teams will prove to be a problem

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ungors are pretty much mansized, so certainly not stunty...
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't like the idea of S access on linemen. A lot of people seem to neglect how great the guard skill is in a league where most players have dodge and almost none have block and tackle.

For the excuse "...but A access doesn't suit my team fluff" you should be thinking "...then maybe they aren't suitable for stunty league".

Besides, guard access is what's special about the skryre slaves. It's their thing, and they are nerfed properly to prevent it from being great.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Why can't people grasp the difference between starting with guard, and having S access?

Imagine a stunty team with Diving Tackle on every player! That'd be powerful wouldn't it? But to get 6spp on every player (and keep them alive!) is not as easy as many of you seem to think!

And this is the Stunty leeg, it's not the Agility leeg. A access isn't a prerequisite, it's just appropriate for most, but not necessarily all.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Having S access is bloody powerful though. And whilst it might be characterful and fluffy, it might also be wildly overpowered.
Ive just played about 5 games with gnomes, and I can safely say I wouldnt bother asking for a game from this team if they were even half way developed.
Maybe I am not seeing it, but I wouldnt want to play them.
Im not overly against the 'bray' concept, but these look strong.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff should NOT be used to create a team. I repeat... NOT be used to create a team.

Otherwise people propose MA 9 things and other completely unbalanced ideas.

Use the fluff afterwards to justify what you chose for balance.

And for the record, i love the idea of the basic ungor having S access. Its a nice change and not overpowered.

__Synn
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Why can't people grasp the difference between starting with guard, and having S access?

It's 6 SPP's difference and it's not very hard to get guard on at least 4-5 players on a semi developed team, which would make it very strong.

What is supposed to be the weakness of this team? Keep in mind that ph access is very good as well, since that means you can create casualty monsters and tentacle defenders. With guards for support you can suddenly have really dangerous rsc linemen...
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog,

If it had ST 1 basic guys... then guard is nice obviously but not overpowered. Guard just doesn't retain the same value for stunty since BGs still do most of the blocking (ST 5) and numerous teams have things that penalize standing close together (bombs, DT'ers, ball and chains). It still doesn't get around the lack of block and tackle.

Still note that I prefered my team Very Happy

__Synn
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

St 1 might work. Is that what's being discussed? There have been so many damn roster proposals in this thread that I might have lost count, hehe.

St 2 and guard is extremly good though. You could suddenly have rsc linemen ripping minos to death with the help of their buddies on semi developed team.

I would say the absence of block and tackle is what makes guard so good, because it means you have to hit clean pow's to bring your opponent down and then it's a huge difference between a 2d block and a 3d one...
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2007 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Minotaur
0-2 Gor 6 3 2 7 Horns, Frenzy, Wild Animal GSP
0-16 Ungor 6 1 3 7 Horns, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff SPh

Strengths:
-Superb blitzers. Capable of scaring the hell out of squig hoppers and strig lords.
-Reasonably fast basic team.
-Frenzy for maximum damage.
-TTM Capable (as bad as Chaos Flings)

Negatives:
-Gets ground down easily even with guard (ST 1 is dangerous)
-Unreliable as hell. One turn your frenziers can wreak havoc... the next turn, you find yourselves out of position and screaming in rage.
-3 Positionals... all of which are fragile (Av 8 for the one mino is the best they got)
-Expensive. Even though the costs are not included... this team will not be one of the cheaper ones.

Discuss...

__Synn
 Jump to: