61 coaches online • Server time: 20:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Royston

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2009 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
Teams will only be allowed to play other teams within one game of each other.

Slight amendment. The above rule is now amended to playing teams only within + or - 30 TS of yourselves (unless there is no one left to play).

I'm still open to ideas guys.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2009 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

edit: nm
Royston

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2009 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Another quick amendment comes to the team section:

New teams must be TR 100, [L] only, no stunty, minimum 7 FF and have a minimum 2 RRs (although Ogres are exempt from the last bit).

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Part 1 - Origin of the Species

This is a TR100 free for all open round robin with 21 teams. There will be enforced breaks at 5, 10 and 15 games in order to get people to catch up. Teams will only be allowed to play other teams within one game of each other. Teams that drop out will be considered extinct and will not be replaced.

Part 2 - Survival of the Fittest

This will be your standard knockout cup featuring all the teams left in the competition plus new teams that want to join. Priority will be given to those players that dropped out of part 1 in reverse order to pick their teams.

Part 3 - Tree of Life

This will be a multi league scheduled round robin format. Teams will be split into 3 leagues depending on where they finished in part 1.

And then we go back to part 1 starting with TR100 teams again.

So suggestions? I'm sure you have them. Very Happy

i think is better continue with the same teams, lot of teams are very good teams at starting and they always win tourneys at lower tr (dwarfs,orcs, undead,amazon), and other teams arent good teams at starting but after are great(kaos,nurgle,skaven,khemri,lizardmen,ogres...),so i think is better continue with the teams to all the races could win the league!

thats my oppinion
Royston

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

We could issue a TR cap, so that new teams wouldn't be too far behind. But that would only be in phase 1... average TR of the teams left might do it.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

you can have two teams in the league, one in origin and one in tree, but once ya origin team reaches the tree stage you have to pick off off them to keep and remove the other, this way you can only ever have one team in the tree off life league. you can then enter a new team for origin.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I knew there was a reason for the league, thanks Shades.

It's like a retirement village for all the old teams. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All,

I have decided to make extinct the races of Skaven and Chaos. Both have played only one game and it is now at the deadline.

Looking through the surviving races there is only 4 teams left to reach 5 games. As most of these have played each other, it will be nigh on impossible for them all to reach 5 games so I have decided to kick off the next stage of evolution.

There is now a hard cap of 10 games. I do not expect anyone to go above this. The deadline to play all these games is Sunday 1st March. Please let me or a staff member know if you cannot reach this deadline.

Thank you for supporting the Darwin Bowl and may the best race win.

Cheers, Royston.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2009 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

DeadEnders Game 9

The latest game for the Enders as off the new cap off ten games was brought in saw them facing The rotters off, Morgengry.

The game started well for the enders after BH the Morgengry beast on turn 1, unfortunately he regend but still played little part in the rest off the game as he was knocked over again at the start off the second half and decided to take a nap and was out for basically the whole game.

It was a pretty simple game for the Enders and they followed the game plan to a T. After some well placed blocks and fouls the Rotters where loosing player left and right but they still made it hard for the enders and nearly stopped the late 1st half TD.

The second half was void off pretty much all ball skills as the two teams proceeded to bash each other to oblivion. I regret to inform you that the unbreakable reputation off the enders has ended after we left the game with two dead, the zombie Sigurd who joined us from Evolution Elves has left the team but was soon replaced with Staliskie who decided to join the ranks off the enders nearing the end off the match. We also lost the ghoul Darkwen Ghoulster in this brutal match that had a total cas count off 11.

Final score 1 - 0 to Evolutionary DeadEnders

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets here it for Darwin, its his 200th birthday!!!
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hip hip hooray, Hip hip hooray

1 Bump
2 Bumps
3 Bumps
blah blah blah
199Bumps
200 Bumps

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Know what the funny part was? He actually was a religious man, but he had the common sense and intelligence to accept the facts. Smile
Hooray for Darwinism!!!
Royston

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

There's Probably No Nuffle vs. Evolutionary DeadEnders

A classic Darwin Bowl match in all respects.

At the very start of the Darwin TPNN stated that they plan to celebrate Darwin Day with their first win, 6 losses later they were propping up the foot of the table and looking for an opponent. Having been turned down by two teams TPNN were in despair only for the DeadEnders, top of the Origin of the Species table to challenge them.

Top vs. Bottom although you wouldn't have thought it. Almost everything TPNN tried worked. Bloody amazing in fact, their game plan worked and some good dice saw them increase their lead over the Undead and keep it.

Thanks for the game Shades, you didn't do anything wrong as far as I can see and 3-1 does not reflect a game where you had the ball 70% of the time.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Araznaroth wrote:
Know what the funny part was? He actually was a religious man, but he had the common sense and intelligence to accept the facts. Smile
Hooray for Darwinism!!!

Hooray indeed!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2009 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Deadline is in 1 weeks time people.

There are still plenty of teams left that have not hit 10 games yet. If you want to progress you must have played 10 games by midnight next sunday.

There is still chance for many of you to actually win the Origin of the Species, my team is a good example, having gone from last place to 8th in the last 4 games.

Also due to the amount of recent and most probably subsequent extinctions, the league will finish on 15 games.

Good luck and remember the surviving teams will be invited to the next stage of evolution, the Scheduled RR Tree of Life (3 groups based on finishing place) and the Survival of the Fittest (KO Cup). And of course everyone will be invited back for the 2nd season of the big 21 race bash (TR100, Sched. RR this time Very Happy ).

Cheers, Royston.