33 coaches online • Server time: 10:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

@kalimar: you raise a good point...i'd been looking at this and unconsciously tying it to the weapon itself, instead of the positional...even though you said that's how it's supposed to be...my fault for trying to think too early in the morning Smile...

if that's the case, then bluderbusses can be definitely go back to a 10+ ejection roll...

as for stab...i'm still not 100% convinced that it's all that effective...i used to whore fumlig as much as humanly possible in the past, and while he was fun to use, the stabbing was not all that effective...

with that being said...i can see the argument both ways...and i can err on the side of caution and go with a 10+ ejection rule...but i'll keep an eye on it, and if it's too ineffective, it'll need to get tweaked...

--j

ImageImage
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a small reminder when juggling the penalty rolls: this is a 2d6 roll, so it is a curve, not linear. A penalty roll of 8+ will send the player off with 15/36 or 42% probability, 7+ changes that to 21/36 or 58%. That is a bigger step (16%) than going from 10+ (6/36 or 17%) to 9+ (10/36 or 28%), a difference of just 11%.
stej

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Any feelings on being able to take secret weapons as a skill on a specific roll?

(I belive there was an article in the compendium or something where you could forgoe +ST and take a weapon)

Perhaps the gobbo cheaters could be revamped to be normal goblins who can take weapons on skill rolls. Could add some crazy funz
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No wonder the client is taking so long with all this consideration for math. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmm math... we loves it
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
stab needs SW in stunty, since everyone has low av and stunty, it is esentially a free MB hit. and a 10+ penalty means they will stay onmost of the time, it worked perfectly before so should again imo.

I think NO, cause the Teams who have them have no right order vs BG and other HardHitting dudes, there need the Stabs to can clean a "lil" very "lil" better the pitch to clean Up the smaller Ones to can win.

Forests without stabs, are weaker gobs as normal with a very Weak BG when u say the Spider is it.

The rest is OK wit the SW,but I mean SW is no needet on stunty, this will be stole a loot of fun cause al play on time and stall the whole halftime to play so long it goes withem. Lesser TDs lesser Kickoffs lesser Blood lesser Fun.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

just fyi...stunty is bloody...

but i'm not going to let it turn into a free-for-all blood bath "just because"...

the intent is still to win...the by-product is the violence....

--j

ImageImage
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
stab needs SW in stunty, since everyone has low av and stunty, it is esentially a free MB hit. and a 10+ penalty means they will stay onmost of the time, it worked perfectly before so should again imo.

Fair point, but the other side of the coin is that most of the teams that get stab don't have big guys such as skinks and forest goblins. Granted, you have more experience in this matter than me though.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
the intent is still to win...the by-product is the violence....

--j

Are you talking about Stunty still or internet forum discussions?

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Also bribes may need looking at because at the moment its a 2+ to keep an ejected player on. Should this stay the same, or give a re-roll of the SW roll? Plus you need to work this in with ejection for a normal foul.

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

/me shudders :O

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bribes should still work. At 100K a pop, they are a good chunk of inducement money.

I think Stab needs a chance at being sent off, but at 10+, it is far lower than the others.

Looking forward to Stunty with a bit more balance in the SWs. Should also encourage some more team variety.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

big guys need SW too

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Why?

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think BGs need SW. The teams they are on, they are needed to help out.

BG teams:
C'Fling: Need the minos after the saws get banned. AV6 team
Fairies: Need tress, all ST1
Gnoblar: mostly weak ST1, some ST2
Horrors: I still don't get this team, so not sure if they are good or not. Very Happy
Nurgling: ST2 + AG2, need some help
Pygmy: Lot of AV6, need help
Skryre: Their 'BG' gets sent of with SW
Snotlings: Need som help for the ST1 players, especially after both SWs get ejected.