43 coaches online • Server time: 12:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go have a look at the roster in a sec and see what i think. I can't say i've actually paid them much attention. I just wanna see Pestilens. Not too fussed about Moulder.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

and this is exactly why groupthink rulesets don't work Razz

--j

ImageImage
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

shhhh, i have no idea what you are talking about Razz But if the majority of the playerbase agree then it doesn't matter right? And Squigs do need a bit of a buff.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

actually yes, it does matter...

i joke about the whole groupthink process, but it has a lot of truth behind it...

the majority isn't always right...and when the majority makes choices that are detrimental to the group as a whole, the majority is responsible for the decline of the environment(ie: the entire US Republican party choices over the past, oh...ever)...

just because something looks cool, doesn't mean it will mesh with the environment...while, yes, the league doesn't have a lot in the way of balance, it does have a lot in the way of limiting overpowered fluff...most coaches don't understand what sort of effects adding a monstrosity to a team will have on the league as a whole...they get blinded by their desire to play something neat and cool...and with all fairness, it's not their responsibility to understand that, and isn't their fault in the slightest....

that's what the admin is for...to weed out the junk from the quality...

but while it's not the responsibility of the community to keep balance and OPness in check with their ideas....i would hope they would at least recognize something as being completely absurd Razz

--j

ImageImage
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
I'll go have a look at the roster in a sec and see what i think. I can't say i've actually paid them much attention. I just wanna see Pestilens. Not too fussed about Moulder.

I think Moulder suits stunty much better than Pestilens. Pestilens is full of elite players.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel Skaven in general are full of elite players supported by very expendable line fodder.

But i will agree that Pestilens have likely the least expendable line fodder in Plague monks. As in WFB atleast they're actually rather good.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So many clans, so little plans...

(I have no idea what that means by the way.)

More rats will definitely not be at the top of the new teams list, but am always willing to listen to ideas in due time. Shadow is right, a new team needs to be weighed against the environment it is being placed into, i.e. the rest of the teams.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanna see Dryads for a new team idea. Dryads, Branchwraiths, Treekin and Treemen. Sorted XD would make a thread about it but i'm terrible at writing fluff and actually going into the wood elf army book and looking things up is effort Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanna see Dryads for a new team idea. Dryads, Branchwraiths, Treekin and Treemen. Sorted XD would make a thread about it but i'm terrible at writing fluff and actually going into the wood elf army book and looking things up is effort Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

honestly, imo, if new teams come down the pipeline, i'd cast my vote for something new instead of a spinoff, or hybrid, of what already exists...

clans, more goblins, etc etc....meh...

something "what the hell is this?"....wheee!

--j

ImageImage
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it would already have to exist in some way in the warhammer world right? Seeing as BB is already a spin off of its own. I mean if we can just make stuff up i've got lots of ideas >.>

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

New ideas are good and all, but the existing teams need a fine tuning first.
Let's keep our feet on the ground.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed. Plenty of things need tweaking with teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Eshin stalker is a bit pointless imo. Not worth the extra 20k, and I can't really see the fluff relation.

I think he needs a total revamp. Keep the icon, change the name and come up with a new theme.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Eshin stalker is a bit pointless imo. Not worth the extra 20k, and I can't really see the fluff relation.

I think he needs a total revamp. Keep the icon, change the name and come up with a new theme.

+1, currently he's not worth his cost.
 Jump to: