32 coaches online • Server time: 10:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post It's almost tim...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wuhan

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
The only way to be competitive with goblins is to keep your tv really low. That's what I found after the box experiment. Once over 1100 it gets progressively harder and over 1300 it is extremely difficult.

SW - unless you can reliably get bribes in every game, only bring 1 SW. If any of them get a skill fire them immediately.

this is spot on.

Also, the second sweet spot for gobs is to play up +15tv for 3 bribes.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
The only way to be competitive with goblins is to keep your tv really low. That's what I found after the box experiment. Once over 1100 it gets progressively harder and over 1300 it is extremely difficult.

That sounds way too much like min/maxing.

Though I do notice some fired healthy players on that 58/21/17 fling team.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Check the list of the past players of the Sammiches with their negative win loss ratio. Wink

And I think it's a mere statement: the higher your TV is, the harder it is to win games. It's normal for a low tv stunty team to be more succesful than a mid/high tv one. I've had at some point one of the best fling team you could dream of: 4 +ST flings including a ST4 AG4 Right Stuff SS Blackler and two blodging legend trees. 1700-1800 TV. I yet win more games with rookie stunty teams...

But don't get me wrong: I don't like either to fire good players for the sake of keeping my TV low, and I don't do it, outside tourneys (I use any means necesary in tourneys). However, I don't blame those who do, and "minmaxing" in this case is nothing to be ashamed of imo.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

In the Box, I have had no choice but stick around or under 130 TV. When you can't pick your opponents, it's hard to worry about Min/maxing. Losing multiple players every game is A typical. I did experiment a game or two without a Looney or Ball and Chain and it was an epic failure. I recently started using a 16 Gob roster. Any inducement cash is going towards a Bribe anyways.

Jeffro
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to run double fanatics via star player again one day.

Oh and when is that dirty tricks deck coming out? Could make for some epic underhanded fun when being a bad dog.
Roland

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

dirty tricks ftw!
Atari

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad Gobbos are getting played much more because of this post, recently started a team in ranked and got hooked on the silliness. Do seem to get more consitent games with my halfings but the gobbos are pure fun factor. I decided to not go for the pogoer and it seems to have worked out pretty well so far, not sure if I should look to buy one later in development though. I plan on not bloating my trolls unless they get block/pro. They seem to be the real TV stealers on the team given there massive unrealiablity...
Wuhan

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No one mentioned this yet, but when we had the TR system, (LRB4) instead of the TV system, it was a bit more balanced as teams went up in levels.

A halfling would cost 30k, and was worth '2.5tr'.
A goblin would cost 40k, and was worth '4tr'

For every player that wasn't a stunty, it was +2tr on the first skill, +3tr on 2nd skill +4tr on 3rd skill, etc.

it was always better to have (more skilled players) than the Legendary/Superstar players we have now.

But for Stunties, it was a real boon, because the first skill was free, and the second skill only cost +1 or +2tv.

Atm, My gobs are around 150-160tv (13players), but on the old TR system, they'd be at 130tv. And have a much easier time. (at 150tv+, every team has a bit of MB/Tackle on it that blows goblins out of the water.)

Perhaps, we could petition for an adjustment to the TV system? (If only for the stunties.)
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
For me the problem with Goblins is Fan Factor is a waste of TV so you don't want that going up at all (Frankentein is right, FF should not count towards TV, but with no rule changes in the future nothing we can do here).

That makes no sense whatsoever...

FF counts toward TV for EVERYBODY so it is no more a problem for goblins than it is for any other roster. You don't get some kind of extra negative just for goblins? Hell, it's pretty unlikely you'll win more than you lose, so if anything your FF should be fairly low which results in a TV buff if anything else.

To declare FF the problem with goblins is just pure insanity.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan wrote:
No one mentioned this yet, but when we had the TR system, (LRB4) instead of the TV system, it was a bit more balanced as teams went up in levels.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure you are confusing TR with TS (LRB4 has TR/TS and CRP has TV).

Secondly, it only worked because matches were based on TS (an in-house rule by the way) and handicaps (based on TR difference) were so totally rubbish. Whilst it may have been better for this niche match up (stunty vs non-stunty) it was far worse for basically everything else (i.e. the vast majority of games).

Garion is right, there needs to be a few buffs to goblins to make them less of a joke - starting with removing loner from the trolls.

I would probably also replace the apothecary with something that gave you a couple of bribes.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Garion wrote:
For me the problem with Goblins is Fan Factor is a waste of TV so you don't want that going up at all (Frankentein is right, FF should not count towards TV, but with no rule changes in the future nothing we can do here).

FF counts toward TV for EVERYBODY so it is no more a problem for goblins than it is for any other roster. You don't get some kind of extra negative just for goblins? Hell, it's pretty unlikely you'll win more than you lose, so if anything your FF should be fairly low which results in a TV buff if anything else.

The only situation which counts, and that I can recall would be as follows:
If goblins play against a new team, and the goblins are rebuilding, then FF could limit the chance of the goblins. But this is dangerous. It would open the door for minmaxed teams to hunt on rookie teams even more.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Garion wrote:

The only situation which counts, and that I can recall would be as follows:
If goblins play against a new team, and the goblins are rebuilding, then FF could limit the chance of the goblins. But this is dangerous. It would open the door for minmaxed teams to hunt on rookie teams even more.

Absolutely. If anything I would have FF count for more TV.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah go box goblins! How many of you have the guts?

Garion, you ll also be as lucky sometimes as me: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=767951 Smile Not to mention the only loss came in overtime vs. elves...
cdassak

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Got another W you dog! Well done!
Now get to 10 wins to become the new Gobbo King Wink

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That is my only goal now. Keggie's challenge rules! https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8908&op=view
 Jump to: