18 coaches online • Server time: 06:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the scheduler is way to hard on old rebuilding teams, very hard to get a fair matchup. At least woodies have some kind of a shot with those tv differences but it's really disheartening for normal teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Jimmy:

I found firing a bunch of jacked dudes & rolling with Jmen helps for the rebuild Smile
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

Bill, try thinking about what you are typing before you hit Submit.

I am bored of getting stupid matchups from the scheduler since the change. This thread is about possible changes to Blackbox and the scheduler. If there is a problem with the scheduler, this is the place to post it.

If you want to beat your chest and declare yourself the almighty Blackbox one, go ahead, but it's hardly going to help this discussion.

Most of us (including Bill) accept it when the scheduler doesn't get it as right as we want it to be, and we certainly don't cry all over multiple pages of this forum trying to alter it to our personal tastes.....You would strip the box of the very thing that makes it what it is.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a "should not play Box at all" rant.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

I am bored of getting stupid matchups from the scheduler since the change. This thread is about possible changes to Blackbox and the scheduler. If there is a problem with the scheduler, this is the place to post it.

If you want to beat your chest and declare yourself the almighty Blackbox one, go ahead, but it's hardly going to help this discussion.

Most of us (including Bill) accept it when the scheduler doesn't get it as right as we want it to be, and we certainly don't cry all over multiple pages of this forum trying to alter it to our personal tastes.....You would strip the box of the very thing that makes it what it is.

I have been asked several times why I am playing my Nurgles and not my Wood Elves, I have answered that question.

I believe the min-max 'fix' caused as many problems as it fixed.

I have no problem with the scheduler as it is, but 'as it is' will continue to be a perfect home for my Nurgles.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I genuinely don't know how you guys find it so hard. I've rebuilt my humans a few times, and only very occasionally get big TV gap matchups. It is entirely possible that if one or two people are finding this an issue, they are just a statistical oddity, and have had an unfortunate streak of games drawn. We'd really have to see some numbers on how often such matches happen before basing a decision on this kind of anecdotal evidence (allowing, of course, for the fact that maybe I'm the oddity and have been lucky in the games I've gotten).

I don't think this is a time zone thing either. I do play some games in the NA time periods, as well as Euro evenings & daytime. And sometimes I activate multiple teams, but often I don't, so it's not just that either. We need stats.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:
So you've played more, and lost your nerve?

You won the game 3-0.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

You won the game 3-0.

... yup and I now have 8 Loners Razz
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Box is awesome.

I play more than anyone on the planet, and I give it two thumbs way up.

Elves, Flings, Chaos, Dorks... No matters.

It's all fun.

Take the good with the bad.

Any change is strongly advised against from my stand-point.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
You won the game 3-0.

... yup and I now have 8 Loners Razz

Dropping a team/race that you win 3-0 in a "stupid matchup" using 6 loners doesn't harmonize at all with your arguments.

Either you have forgot that Blood Bowl is about winning by touchdowns (not casualties), or this is just a very clever way of gloating Smile

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %02, %2014 - %21:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You've been weighed, measured, and found completely lacking!
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Either you have forgot that Blood Bowl is about winning by touchdowns (not casualties), or this is just a very clever way of gloating Smile

WHAT? Do you deliberately avoid the word that is cunningly positioned before 'BOWL' ??? Balle2000, you need to get a serious grip (or go play Madden on the Xbox/PS)

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Box is awesome.

It's all fun.

I am fine with no changes in the box.

What I am not fine with is the changes to the scheduler to make Chaos, Nurgle and CD's primarily play each other, especially without looking at the other issues since the last scheduler (protect new teams) tweak.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

It's all fun.

How did you feel about a positive suitability bias for the most popular races, allowing those that play the less popular races to potentially get more variety in opponent?

Do you think you'd notice if the WMD's played Chaos/CD/Nurgle 2 out of 5 games instead of 1 out of 3?
Beerox

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Box is awesome.

It's all fun.

I don't think you're the demographic these change ideas are aiming to appease.

"Elves, Flings, Chaos, Dorks... No matters"
If one looks at your matches page, it's almost as if you prefer to play chaos. But to be honest I'm no statistician, so take this observation with a grain of salt.
 Jump to: