20 coaches online • Server time: 05:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
but I think you are scapegoating a little tbh.
Nothing to scapegoat, happy with 8-2-2, thanks. In fact, I wouldn't have used the Apoth in either of my losses, or in either of my draws. My complaint isn't that they don't work the way I'm using them. It's that they seem like they wouldn't work if used in a different environment.

Both of the skilled players I lost were retired early in the match, both were among the better players on my team at the time they were lost. The way I use Apo on armor teams, I would have saved 4/3 of a Guard player with either 11 SPP or 21 SPP and Block. I'd have a more expensive team that might not perform as well against the opposition it faces and my win rate might be lower. Or not. Maybe I'd be a lot less annoyed at the team's wacky power curve, but that's not the main concern I have.

My concern is that in a scheduled format, it seems like it would be very hard to cope with. That's what I'm on about. If your opposition is mostly the same age as you, rather than the same TV, you'll have a hard time holding it together long-term without Apoth or Regen, regardless of your AV or how conservatively you coach the team.

Oh, and thanks. Having tons of fun.

Edit: Edited a couple times for clarity and brevity.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A few more rosters made it to 100
Race #Games Win%
  • Daemons of Khorne 185 41.35
  • Daemons of Slaanesh 180 51.67
  • Clan Pestilens 164 44.21
  • Were 164 39.33
  • Nippon 141 60.99
  • Nipponesse 135 53.33
  • Sea Elf 133 53.76
  • Dryad 131 58.78
  • Undead Pirates 121 40.5
  • Tilea 119 59.66
  • Zoat 113 55.31
  • Daemons of Nurgle 111 49.1
  • Daemons of Tzeentch 107 44.86
  • Lybaras 107 38.79
  • Bretonnian 106 64.62
  • Necrarch 103 61.65
  • Four Nations 101 45.05
  • Clan Moulder 101 45.05

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda have to admit I find it suprising that races with bad or horrible win records are so popular. I guess it's a good thing.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There's something to like about all the races up there already. Some of them aren't good but they're fun.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes the bad record is a consequence of popularity you know.

Rasetra were doing very well when it was only Garion and a few other brave souls playing them Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally see Jackass's point re: earth elementals, and share his concern about them not working in other play environments.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

... and Grome takes a niggle. If I were playing Earth Elementals in a weekly league I sure as heck wouldn't be 9-2-2. Nor would I consider re-upping the team for a second season. In gamefinder, I'm just that much tighter now with no Incarnate, bwahahahaha.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile I'm sure they would do fine in a scheduled league they are a damn good team and have star players to fall back on etc...again I think you are overstating the importance of an apo - you've suffered 3 bad cas (I think you said) now in 13 games that sounds pretty standard even for teams like orcs.

The only problem I think they'll face is cpomb heavy teams. But then who doesn't suffer in those games. Apo is only 1 use in game after all.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
A few more rosters made it to 100
Race #Games Win%
  • Daemons of Khorne 185 41.35
  • Daemons of Slaanesh 180 51.67
  • Clan Pestilens 164 44.21
  • Were 164 39.33
  • Nippon 141 60.99
  • Nipponesse 135 53.33
  • Sea Elf 133 53.76
  • Dryad 131 58.78
  • Undead Pirates 121 40.5
  • Tilea 119 59.66
  • Zoat 113 55.31
  • Daemons of Nurgle 111 49.1
  • Daemons of Tzeentch 107 44.86
  • Lybaras 107 38.79
  • Bretonnian 106 64.62
  • Necrarch 103 61.65
  • Four Nations 101 45.05
  • Clan Moulder 101 45.05

Interesting to see Clan Moulder doing so well 45% is great for a team in which half the team doesn't move half the time. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Moulder is probably the single worst matchup for Earth Elementals. We're great at zoning the ball, but that doesn't matter if you have Big Hand and Two Heads. All those ROs get Claw and Mighty Blow really fast.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Daemons of Khorne are the first to reach the next mile stone
202 games played
42.57% win percentage
average cas for and against 2.94 1.58
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2016 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think success with Moulder depends on whether you injure the opponent early, and whether the opponent can get themselves out of your ogres' tackle zones. (Which, between the stacking tails, the 6 MA, and the sheer number of the guys, is easier said than done.) I faced Moulder teams twice yesterday. My centigors got very hurt very early and didn't manage much of anything against them. My weres took 5 casualties, but were able to spread the field and dodge when needed, so they won 3-0. In both cases, we struggled to put down the little guys... I imagine things would be tougher for Skryre if we had done better.

(With 3.02 per game, Moulder is actually averaging more casualties per game than Daemons of Khorne -- or any team other than Snotlings. Of course, they're also taking 3 casualties a game, but then again, I suspect a lot of those are Stunty 9 BHs...)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
bennyprofane

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2016 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played my first game with Clan Pestilens, and had a couple of thoughts.

1) The thrower seems an odd fit on the roster - lacks the foul appearance and disturbing presence, and doesn't even get mentioned in the explanation of the roster, while the fluff about the green haze they play in - so that the refs can't see secret weapons - hardly fits with having a dedicated passer. Also therefore makes the roster play a bit less distinctively in attack.

My suggestion would be to replace the 0-2 throwers with either (maybe both):

0-2 mutant loonrats - pestilens' warpstone experiments, which generate mutations and rot the player's minds. They get mutations, and they get agility skills as a consequence of bodily changes, but no general skills since their minds are rotting away from basic blood bowl drills. Basically like mutants in the black dwarves line-up (so a normal roster member with g access switched out for a/m access). am /gs on non-stunty players is pretty rare, so these could be some quite unique player builds. prehensile-divingtackle-sidestep- for a defensive version, leap-horns-claw for a ball-chaser, and lack of g would stop them becoming Too useful.

and/or 0-2 ball-runners. 6-3-3-7, sure hands, sidestep (or fend), foul appearance. g access.
not fast like gutter runners, just replacing the wrong-fluff thrower with a ball-handler less focused on passing than on blending away into the fog to fool attackers. Standard plaguerat otherwise, just with those two skills.

2) the on-field graphics don't really convey the nurgly unpleasantness - just look like standard skaven in hoods: might be worth adding some decay or fumes to them.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2016 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I agree the icons could be better in this team, however its very hard to do the misty thing as it makes the icons become less visible on the green pitch. But if someone makes some new icons that look the part and are still easy to spot on the field I'll be happy to use them.

As for the thrower, I just used the standard skaven throwers as they are unalligned meaning they don't belong to a specific clan, they're free to play for all of them. Secondly the team needed a starter skill as they have no mb block, and are quite rr heavy. A long time ago before the SL started on fumbbl this team I didn't have the thrower and the team was just to weak, they needed that little bit of reliability in amongst all the crazyness so put him in so they had a carrier option. I couldn't put a runner in really as a skaven runner is a gutter runner from clan eshin and I didn't really want to invent a type of skaven that had no basis in fluff. While I get what you mean regarding the difficulty throwing in murky conditions you can explain this in a few ways if you wish - the rats rely on their hearing and smell to pick out the targets he is passing to, or - he trains with the team in these conditions daily so is used to it. All that said he is still largely a runner anyway, with no good receivers passing should only be used as a last gasp way of scoring with these guys anyway really.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2016 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Yeah I agree the icons could be better in this team, however its very hard to do the misty thing as it makes the icons become less visible on the green pitch. But if someone makes some new icons that look the part and are still easy to spot on the field I'll be happy to use them.

As for the thrower, I just used the standard skaven throwers as they are unalligned meaning they don't belong to a specific clan, they're free to play for all of them. Secondly the team needed a starter skill as they have no mb block, and are quite rr heavy. A long time ago before the SL started on fumbbl this team I didn't have the thrower and the team was just to weak, they needed that little bit of reliability in amongst all the crazyness so put him in so they had a carrier option. I couldn't put a runner in really as a skaven runner is a gutter runner from clan eshin and I didn't really want to invent a type of skaven that had no basis in fluff. While I get what you mean regarding the difficulty throwing in murky conditions you can explain this in a few ways if you wish - the rats rely on their hearing and smell to pick out the targets he is passing to, or - he trains with the team in these conditions daily so is used to it. All that said he is still largely a runner anyway, with no good receivers passing should only be used as a last gasp way of scoring with these guys anyway really.

Why not just remove the guy? He seems a bit ill-fit in that team and the regular guys can run the ball almost as good.