53 coaches online • Server time: 19:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buddy

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, hope u all having fun. Anyway, my idea for the GLN is really just for a good article, i thought it would be cool to get 22 or more of FUMBBLs top Stars and organize them into 2 fairly equal teams and have them play a match. It's just a rough idea that I've just come up with so I'm not even sure that would be possible, but if someone fancies giving it a go I'd be one reader who'd enjoy the article, maybe also have the game at double spp aswell to lure coaches into loaning their player/s for the game. So, what u guys think?
Mordus

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

22 of Fumbbl's top stars probably don't need SPP. Shocked
Buddy

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

lol that is very true, didn't really think about that hehe
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

They would onlu play in a modified roster, which wouldn't generate any spp's in fumbbl anyway. Idea is nice though.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Buddy wrote:
Hey guys, hope u all having fun. Anyway, my idea for the GLN is really just for a good article, i thought it would be cool to get 22 or more of FUMBBLs top Stars and organize them into 2 fairly equal teams and have them play a match. It's just a rough idea that I've just come up with so I'm not even sure that would be possible, but if someone fancies giving it a go I'd be one reader who'd enjoy the article, maybe also have the game at double spp aswell to lure coaches into loaning their player/s for the game. So, what u guys think?

The only problem i can see straight away is who would play the game - you only need two coaches, so which coach would do it? i reckon that could cause a lot of arguments

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it only makes sense for Jan and I to play. What other options are there?

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i figured the guys or guy that runs the site would be up for it, but hey, I admit that is a flaw in the idea, but i'm not one to think about details Laughing
Mordus

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And who would run the two teams? Would it be like a draft? You get two of the best coaches then pool 22 (maybe 24) of the best players and have them draft? First coach gets 1, Second gets 2 and 3, First gets 4 and 5 etc etc? Or just one gets even picks one gets odds (I like the other way better though). Then of course you could put the teams together by random. Then get two good play by play people to be the announcers or what not for the game? Maybe AFK_Eagle I have seen some pretty good fluff commented matches from him. I know I have seen others as well, but I can't remember names (sorry). Could be a very cool article, just will take a lot of work. Alright... I have now forgotten what I was talking about.... Shocked
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Why only 22 players? I'd expect injuries... Might be wothwhile getting a BIG pool of 'top' 50 players and allowing coaches to choose their 12-14 (using the 1, 2-3, 4-5 picks above) to allow coach to build up a team which will work together well.

Might also be fun to consider a similar idea with rookie players - what would people's 'best' team be? 2 wardancers? Gutter runners? Mummies? what else?

BFN

Paul
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Macavity and me. No doubt.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, btw: 11 Fumbbl stars would make a VERY broken roster. Imagine 11 Chaos stars vs 11 Elven stars... that's basically 11 Block-Tackle-Claw-RSC vs 11 NervesofSteel-AG6 oneturners

Laughing

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

And a couple of Str. 5 Wardancers and mad cap Witch Elves... Either way the elves would probably win - though they'd never live to fight again.
Buddy

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think u might all be moving away from the point slightly, BUT thats a good thing i guess, it's showing interest. In answer to the "why only 22 players" I personally wrote '22 or more'. And the 2 teams would hopfully be mixed race (one reason is to see how one player would cope if he had to play on the same team as him arch enemy, could be fun, adds background too), and also it would obviously have a decent mix of positions too, if that don't work then u pick X amount of top Throwers and X amount of top lineman and so on.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Buddy, it would still be an odd mix. Maybe you don't know, but almost all Fumbbl superstars are Legends with around 200+ spps and some of the strongest stats / skill combos available.

A 11 vs 11 game like that, even with mixed positions, would have nothing to do with bloodbowl.

I must say that it would be nice to see such a game for a particular day, like Christmas, or for January the first, or for the Fumbbl Birthday.

As for the coaches... I'd say the best 2 coaches according to CR stats.

It would be a unique event, but quite funny to watch.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I once played a guy who had a roster of the top 16 'evil' players of the day. Alexander Lurkman (still alive then) was the Thrower, Tziggoran the 160 SPP Chaos Dwarf etc. My opponent basically took the highest SPP player for each of 16 chaos/team positions (some missed out) and we had a game vs my CD team that was runner up in Fumbbl Cup 1. His team had one CD, one Black Orc Blocker, one Mummy etc.

Funniest moment was when his star Vampire Lord rolled a 1 for OFAB (back then we had Vampire Lords and they also had OFAB), rerolled it and it was 1 again. There were no star Thralls lol. Goodbye 150 SPP or so of superstar player.

We had a blast, absolute barrels of laughs.

still disliked all round!
 Jump to: