49 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
which we call Boxing Day

I always wander about this "Boxing Day" if you guys wear boxing gloves and fight each other in the ring.

Is "Boxing Day" about fighting?

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Quote:
I found out the transit union went on strike, and now there's no subways or buses running in New York City....YEAHHHHHHHHHH!
Now there's no way to get around anywhere.....and i still have to get to work.

Aren't there enought taxies for everyone?

its new york city man. the big apple, statue of liberty, the twin towers...no wait...ehrm...ill get some bad words for that one

nevertheless i doubt there are enough taxies to compensate the lack of subways AND buses.
but i must tell ya im over that washing machine. i had to clean the floor one day...

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
Macavity wrote:
which we call Boxing Day

I always wander about this "Boxing Day" if you guys wear boxing gloves and fight each other in the ring.

Is "Boxing Day" about fighting?

I believe it's actually about boxes. You take all the rubbish 'presents' you've been given the day before, throw it in a box, and put it away so you need never think about it again.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It's about boxes, but more the fact that you have a bunch of them around... It's actually a British deal first. Any Brits know the exact history.

(Captain, I did used to Sumo wrestle on New Years)