51 coaches online • Server time: 18:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Dominik wrote:
A simple idea:

Snotlings have a strength summary of
3x5 (3 Trolls à 5St.)
+
1x6 (bec. a pump wagon clashes only every second turn with an enemy player, they normally drive around their targets)
+
6x1 (-1 bec. 1 pump wagon is only for the half of the time successful))
=

Halflings have:
2x6
+
9x2
= 30

AND they have on average more speed, more av but -1 to dodge.
So imo snotlings are now weaker than halflings.

Question

So you prefer to line up with 10 players on a Snotling side (3+1+6) Razz

What happens if I line up 2 Wagons ?

I dont think balancing side will, or should ever be that simple.

I didnt add one pump wagon, because they do not make every round a block.
They normally start in the first half, and get both sent off before the second kick off.
With ma5 and without mighty blow, they became a bad joke.

Because once they are spotted by the ref, the only strong guys are the trolls. Guys what 3 trolls can do against 3 treemen like in this game
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=620925

Faires are also a very weak team (the linemen) but they make now more damage, are faster and have a higher av. Erm, and dont forget jump up skill and diving tackle.

I suggest to let spore flingers in the roster (i would have made even less damage without the spore veterans!) and remove one ma of the pump wagons.
With a penalty roll of 8+ and the collapse negatrait, pump wagons are not very effective.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, some people are nuts.

Trees are move TWO and take root on a 1. 4+ 2+ rolls just to stand up.

Pump wagons will still often hit other players each turn. It is like getting 2 or 3 blizes a turn in effect. Block tackle mighty blow pumps were horribly horribly overpowered and did well even against LRB teams, for stunty they were just carnage - often 2 or 3 cas a game each. We cant go back to that.

They are the only team with fairies getting 3 big guys, except those are 3 reasonably reliable players compared to treemen that now often take root and become immobile for the rest of the half.

Basic snots have thick skull, regen, dodge anywhere on a 2+ and are only 20k. They are supposed to be rubbish and expendable, what they needed (and now hopefully have got) is some more ability to score not just sick bashing power.

Hopefully we can move onto improving cheaters + strigoyans now.
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sporefinger sucked.
a snotling with poisoned dagger, useless, they fuck up as ordinary snotlings.

The Snotling Hero is cool.
a snotling with more movement!! and pro!!!
they are heroes on my snotling team.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

And on this one I must admit that Evo was the one who had the bad behavior. I agreed with you about G acces but not in this one. And beside this I finally think that removing G is not that cool at all (after a season in an stunty U league). Well I need to play more to be sure but I would now vote for keeping G acces.
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
And on this one I must admit that Evo was the one who had the bad behavior.

While I don't mind the changes (quite opposite, in fact), Peikko needs to work on his atrocious people skills. It's one thing to not implement some suggested changes, it's another to out-and-out-again insult people.

/johan
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want the new positionals to represent little evil snotlings that most people want to get rid of then call them Snotzis.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Admin fight!

/me grabs a bag of popcorn.

Z
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
And on this one I must admit that Evo was the one who had the bad behavior.

While I don't mind the changes (quite opposite, in fact), Peikko needs to work on his atrocious people skills. It's one thing to not implement some suggested changes, it's another to out-and-out-again insult people.

/johan

well johan I agree with you on the part of reliationship in the G acces topic but in this one, that I read for first time today, it seems to me that Evo start the fight.

IMO Peikko and Evo should take this less seriously and I am amazed that they fire each other in publicy. For me it's funny. But not very coherent with the topic locking in other parts of the forum.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

piekko is trying to help

Evo is trying to help

together there trying to kill each other

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
piekko is trying to help

Evo is trying to help

together there trying to kill each other

DDFred is a genius , (when hes not quitting for the day )
VTDoogie

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have one issue with what was done...

You grandfathered one player and modified another.

When asked about grandfathered player vs modified you sited that players already had skills and it won't be fair.

You DID it to another.

I choice snots as a fun diversion and I admit that the pump wagons were the funniest part of the team to me.

Now the team has 3 trolls without G access, 2 pumps gimped further to slightly faster fanatics and a bunch of crap that are slower and weaker than every other team.

I would request that the last skill on my pump be changed from a worthless skill that can't be used to MB at the very least.

Perhaps I don't scan these forums enough to ask for such things, but I am beginning to think that with all the grandfathered, outlawed, broken things left in stunty it may be time for a reset or elimination of outlawed players.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

VTDoogie wrote:
You grandfathered one player and modified another.
When asked about grandfathered player vs modified you sited that players already had skills and it won't be fair.

Pump Wagons are modified and spores grandfathered because there aint any modified spore flingers existing.
Snotling Heroes are compleately different players than Spore Flingers and their usage is compleately different from from them, so their skill choises also are different. Rough comparation would be that when ogres were removed from dwarf teams these ogres would have been changed to dwarfs with same skills...

Quote:
Now the team has 3 trolls without G access

All big guys in Stunty Leeg still have general access.

Quote:
beginning to think that with all the grandfathered, outlawed, broken things left in stunty it may be time for a reset or elimination of outlawed players.

Its all the same in every Fumbbl division. For example there still is goblin and dwarf teams in ranked with ogres. Its each ones own decision to play or not these teams. These are players which people have spent time and sweat to develop and it would be painfull to just erase these relics. In bloodbowl no player is immortal and after some time they will die and cannot be replaced.
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
In bloodbowl no player is immortal and after some time they will die and cannot be replaced.

This is especially true for Snotlings. Smile

On the other hand, any Snotling Apothecaries should be forcibly removed... they'll never go away on their own.

/johan

(who has Ogres in his Orc and Dwarf teams and may be partial Smile )
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:

On the other hand, any Snotling Apothecaries should be forcibly removed... they'll never go away on their own.

I called for this a while ago and was told that it wouldn't be done, I would just have to wait till the teams with them were retired. Also it should be noted that Mnemon (I think) has an apoth but doesnt use any secret weapons to compensate.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Myth: I hate the recent changes to the Snotling roster.
Fact: I belive the changes are generally positive. They address the 2 big issues facing Snotlings (too much carnage and too little scoring).

Myth: I am whining about the changes.
Fact: My initial concern was with how the changes were implemented. "Snotling Heroes" were implemented out of the blue with no chance for feedback. They created new problems which could have been easily avoided if there had been some discussion about this change. To suggest a quick remedy to these problems seems hardly like whining to me.

Myth: Constructive criticism is whining.
Fact: People often criticize because they believe things could have been done better. Sometimes they actually take the time and effort to provide reasons why they think their suggestions are better than what has been done/or has been proposed. To dismiss there reasoning as whining is incredibly disrespectful especially when you show little interest or ability in explaining why your changes are better.

Myth: Grandathered Sporeflingers will not be a problem because they will die rather quickly, because they are Stunty afterall.
Fact: I've had 2 Sporeflingers for 37 games each. With Regeneration they will likely continue to haunt the Stunty Leeg for quite some time. That is unless my 2 Sporeflingers are a big time statistical anomaly amongst the 686 Snotling teams.

Myth: Changin existing players that have developed into some way with skills gained is not even thinkable option.
Fact: It is a thinkable option. I just thought it. Heck! It's even been done before. Players have changed repeatedly with the various Rules Reviews and changes to Stunty Leeg rosters. This would not be something new.

Myth: A Snotling with MA 5 and Pro has radically different skill choices than a Snotling with M4 and Poison Dagger. It would be an unthinkable travesty if one morphed into the other.
Fact: Both the "Snotling Hero" and "Sporeflinger" only have AG skills to choose from. Sure some coaches would want to change their skill selections now that it has Pro instead of Poison Dagger. But are these changes that different from any of the other changes that have happened in Stunty Leeg (Brownies to ST1, Changes to Wild Animal, Changes to Hypnotic Gaze, etc.)? The player would still be a snotling, it's not like you are changing an ogre into a dwarf or something. It certainly would be better than just deleting everyone's Sporeflingers as some have suggested this might have been a thinkable option.

Myth: I was whining about Big Guys in Stunty Leeg becoming different from Big Guys on the rest of FUMBBL.
Fact: I wanted the issue to be given a full wide open discussion. I thought there were strong arguments for both sides but I thought there likely were parts of the issue that I didn't know. Some people labeled that as being supportive of making Big Guys consistent with the rest of FUMBBL, but I explicitly stated to Peikko that I wanted to promote that disccussion. Unfortunately contrary to my explicitly and repeated insistence on this topic, Peikko chose to believe that not only I had reached a decision but that I was whining about the issue. Fortunately, others continued the discussion, even after Peikko had laregley dismissed them as whiners, and came up with several more arguments in favour of consistency. My current position is that I'd like to see Big Guys be consistent with the rest of the site but only if there is strong support for that posisiton.

Myth: Anarchism is all about chaos and is incapable of dealing with practical problems.
Fact: I find it disturbing that someone who has been around FUMBBL so long would post such gibberish. Anarchism is a legitimate political philosophy with many variations. Many parts of FUMBBL have been run along models/priniciples that are consistent with anarchism to claim otherwise is foolish.