61 coaches online • Server time: 22:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This is more of a general question. I'm interested in what kind of player you would (want to, if you haven't) use your potion on. Is it the Claw/RSC monster to clean him of his agings and have him hog up SPP for longer? Is it the support player that will live for a long while until the next aging? Is it the promising player when he niggles early on? Is it an impulsive act on the first interesting player that comes out injured?

Of course, I'm aware this isn't a terribly relevant question since you only have one single potion and the difference it makes in the end is minuscule, but tell me nonetheless.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

for me, my favourite League player, as fluff winz

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I've never even considered using my potion. I think it looks snazzy up there in the corner of my teams page. And when everyone else has used theirs on their legendary monstrosity, I'll still have a happy little potion, snickering away in the corner Very Happy.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt I will ever use it.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

DragonsMaw wrote:
Actually, I've never even considered using my potion. I think it looks snazzy up there in the corner of my teams page. And when everyone else has used theirs on their legendary monstrosity, I'll still have a happy little potion, snickering away in the corner Very Happy.

Can I use yours after you foul the Duke then?
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I used mine to bring a mng black orc into the game for a major semi final. He wasn't a great player, but I thought it would give me the edge vs my opponent.

I rarely keep players past 76 spps on my [R] or now [B] teams, as they don't usually pull their weight. I might have considered using it on a particularly game-breaking player if I had had one.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=4470152
If he ever suffers another perm or makes it to number one spot.
Probably.
Maybe.

Thing is within 3 games of using the potion he'd get niggled again and that would probably be worse than not ever using the damn thing.
arw

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
I used mine to bring a mng black orc into the game for a major semi final. He wasn't a great player, but I thought it would give me the edge vs my opponent.

I rarely keep players past 76 spps on my [R] or now [B] teams, as they don't usually pull their weight. I might have considered using it on a particularly game-breaking player if I had had one.

That's the right choice: Not for a player but for a game. And right as well: high spp players are hardly ever worth it. Actually I never aimed for legends and never had one so far.
Since I neither reached a major (semi-)final I'll probably not ever use my potion.
Aezeal

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2009 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

get a good positional player in your favorite team up to max ssp with a few doubles and nice skills etc.. accept all 3 or 4 n's you get and then use it Very Happy... it's a long term goal of course and he'll be a bit of a burden in between. Ow preferably an av 10 guy to make it worth it in the even longer run...
Calcium

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2009 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would only consider using a potion on a legend, to me only a plaayer of that status deserves it! Given that I have yet to get a player to legend status, it's likley that my potion will stay on ice for quite a while....

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2009 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

On Spoony!

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2009 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

used and retired the player long ago Razz was an ag5 orc blitzer
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2009 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm... Thanks guys.
Eghost

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2009 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd save it for a Major semi-final or final too.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2009 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't around when free potions were given out, but I have a ST4/AG5 orc blitzer that would be my candidate. I'd get him to legend and fix him up.

In general though I can see 3 reasons to use a potion:
1. You are in a major and want to recover a game-changing player for a big game.
2. You have an all-time great player who you want to set big-time records with.
3. You have a unique, fun, game-changing player who you want to enjoy, despite TR-bloat (which would be the case in my personal example)
 Jump to: