10 coaches online • Server time: 07:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
prophane

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the Northern Wastes League
Season 17 Forum Thread.

Last edited by prophane on %b %25, %2010 - %07:%May; edited 1 time in total
prophane

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomb Brokejaw wrote:
NWL Season XVII Premiere Review
Tomb Brokejaw reporting for the Spurting Newz. We are on the cusp of the next exciting season of the NWL. The Northern Wastes League gets underway after an abyssmal season XVI and after amputating a large portion of gangrenous flesh (Sorry Nurgle!) from the member list we are ready to go. Due to the huge turnover resulting from last season, the Divisions structure looks like this:

Premier Division: 6 teams. It's gonna be more of a drag race this season than the 500 lap endurance marathon that we've seen in seasons past. Each setback could very well be catastrophic for teams. 4 teams from Season XVI Premier return, while 2 are brought up for a chance at the big leagues.

Lets meet our coaches/teams.

Screech Nufflucked (245/231) Chaos Dwarf
Following their championship in season XVI the Coach Screech looks to improve and continue dominating the league. He'll have some stiff competition as the Premier Division returns several rivals that finished close behind last season. If the chaos Dwarves can contain the 2 elf teams, or if the schedule favors them with games vs. damaged Elf teams, these guys could repeat.
Prediction: I think they will in fact repeat this season!

Da_Todfatha Cherorkee Waaagh Kownshul (269/216) Orc
The Tribal orcs had a decent season and disappointingly saw them end up in 2nd place last season, though Premier Kitties administration have filed grievances over the Season XVI standings. Orc Shaman, Todd da Odd says that after communing with the Orc deities, the greenskins are in position to finally give Da_Todfatha a title.
Prediction: Da_Todfatha is notoriously weak against Ballers. Look for him to drop a key game vs. one or both of the ballers. If he can escape with 1 loss he could pull it off but with only 5 games this season, I don’t see it happening.

Mully Premiere Kitties (256/213) High Elf
The Premier Kitties, performed strongly last season. If they survive the strong Basher presence in the Premier they will likely compete for the title again in Season XVII. A 15 player roster and no player named after Da_Todfatha seems like it could prove the perfect combination.
Prediction: With this many basher teams, look for Key Kitties to die or become injured, and if that happens you can bet on long strings of misspelled cusses in the chat window.

Mwilli72 Valar Quendi (220/196) High Elf
The Elves of Valer Quendi struggled a bit last season and had their championship hopes dashed in losses to Premier Kitties and Cinderbeards. But they survived and are now in fair position to compete for the title. Given the Elven ability to score TD's can you ever really count them out? They have 2 especially agile players as well as 2 exceptionally strong players. However, a pair of niggled players could help the team implode in a key match.
Prediction: I think the stage is set for a glorious season for Valar Quendi. They will either finish very high in the standings, or they will have back to back multiple injury matches that completely guts them!

Johnny_Ryce Ice Nine (220/201) Chaos Dwarf
Returning to the Premier Division, Johnny seems to have stumbled upon a way to win games, by depending heavily on the Enormously strong Bull Centaur Lord Kelvin. Having had first place finishes in both Vet Divisions last season, J_R looks to continue with that momentum. The Chaos Dwarves of Ice Nine get the nod from Ryce_World, ltd. to compete in the Premier and attempt to pick up their 2nd NWL Championship. Several dwarves have been added to bolster the line and some new Hobgoblins for ball control. If they don’t act as the Achilles heel and Lord K stays healthy this team will be tough to beat..
Prediction: I feel like the reign of terror from the hugely popular Bull Centaur Lord Kelvin will come to an end this season, if that happens, the team will collapse. If not, they could very well be contenders.

Fangbanger NWL Steel Workers Union (198/199) Dwarf
First time in the Premier division, The Steel Workers Union, and coach Fangbanger, are virtual unknowns and therefore have the most to prove in the Premiership. Having a lousy record in Vet last season, they were moved up to the bigs only because teams that did well in Fringe declined to be double-promoted, much to the chagrin of their fans. 2 extremely agile Runners will be the key to defending against them, if they are protected, they could win some games if not, this team will be toast.
Prediction: Well with the history this team has I don’t see them as serious contenders at this point. They could certainly play spoilers to a top tier team and even in losing the bash-heavy dwarves could mess someone else up and knock them out of contention.

That’s all for now Sports fans! This is Tomb Brokejaw, reporting! Next will be a review and predictions of the Veteran Division!

prophane

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomb Brokejaw wrote:
NWL Season XVII Veteran Review

Tomb Brokejaw back once again, we are 6 days away from the kickoff to the NWL Season XVII, and here is a review of the Veteran Division.

The NWL Veteran Divison for Season XVII contains 8 teams and looks to be a fairly tight run affair.
Xyon Faithful Rot (158/116) Nurgle Rotters
Rotters, while Xyon's dream of coaching the first Rotter team to make it to Premier is only a step away. This team missed promotion by being too beat up to advance when the power vacuum of Season XVI occurred. Can Papa Nurgle smile on this team enough to keep them healthy AND Winning games?
Prediction: No, no he can't.

Prophane Looeyville Muggers (155/148)Necromantic
The Muggers were offered a chance to advance to Premier but the Looeyville staff cowardly declined the opportunity. They are fairly weak for Vet too, so we'll see where they end up and whether their fans will punish them for missing the chance to play on the big stage!
Prediction: The Muggers, like most Necromantic teams will go as the werewolves and Golems go. The Veteran division isn't as basher heavy so if they can stay healthy, we will could see some werewolves in the Premier next season.

Mwilli72 Altmer Dragons (200/208) Elf
Ready to go and bursting with talent, the Dragons will likely vie for a Veteran title. So over-powered in fact they had to Cut some personnel to qualify. With 8 Blodgers and 2 incredibly strong players this team is going to be tough to beat.
Prediction: Altmer Dragons will finish 1st or 2nd with BSB or GG in the Division and earn the right to be playing in Premier next season.

Catalyst32 Goliad Gauntlets (197/176) Human
Another team that took the easy road and declined the offer to move up to Premier. though the cowardly move is surprising on a team with a TR of 197! Nuffle will likely smite this team that went a perfect 7-0-0 last season in Fringe for completely disregarding the chance to toss the gauntlets in the premier division.
Prediction: This team will run into more difficult competition than it saw in Fringe last season. While the prowess of the coach will pull them through to Premier, some painful injuries will cost them a Veteran Div. title.

Jasfmpgh Northern Spikes (178/172) Orc
New to the scene, the spikes will test the waters in the higher divisions. The flip side of the Altmer Dragons Incredible elven strength is the raw orc agility on this squad. Did I just say that? How strange. This team is a bit beat up for Orcs but can win games If they can pummel some of the others, they could take off and be pretty successful. Blitzer Troy and Thrower Tusk will look to hook up every trip down the field.
Prediction: Coach Jasfmpgh will have these guys ready to go, and will have a solid 4th place finish.

Johnny_Ryce Dinosaurs Ate My Baby!( 201 / 184)
Coach Johnny works hard with this stable of lizardmen to handle business. However, they were able to come out on top last season so in a way they are defending their title.
Prediction: This team will not have the same success this season. Though as one of the few Basher teams, they may hurt some people, too many mistakes were made to be successful long-term without major roster changes.

PainState Blood Seas Buccaneers (196/176) Human
The old swashbuckling scurvy dogs of the NWL. They begin yet another voyage, this time to retrace their steps back up to Premier, and they seem poised to do so. With a good strong team and a coach that hopefully knows how to use them (He plays more human matches than anyone else I know), Can the Bucs continue to climb their way back to the Premier and get coach PainState's Premier title? First things first.
Prediction: The match between BSB and the Dragons will be for the Vet title.

Crimsonwolf Denton Stompers (162/150) Undead
This team could very well surprise us all. Initially I hadn’t given them much of a chance to do much of anything this season, however, they have more than enough of on specific thing that make them a possible contender…MONEY! Built like a Cherry-picking [R]anked Tourney team, the stompers could make things ugly for the more honestly built teams.
Prediction: I don’t know Crimsonwolf’s mentality but nothing is won with half-measures. If he’s going to spend the money, he ought to use it for BIG Purchases, and if he does, watch out!

prophane

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Season 17 Veteran Division has begun!

The Looeyville Muggers make a strong first game showing vs long time nemesis' Dinosaurs Ate My Baby! and junior coach Johnny_Ryce.

The Deadbirds from down south came hard and fast at their foes, kicking skink and taking names. An early foul by #5 Will Spine set the 'tomb' of the game and the Muggers went up easily 1-0 in the first half.

Utilizing their infamous 'Scramble D', the Muggers were barely able to keep the infant eatin dinos at bay.

The 2nd half started off with a zombie hating pitch invasion and DAMB got the ball to a rookie Saurus who quickly made it down the field toward the end zone. A well placed zombie blitz managed to knock the ball out of bounds.

After a few turns of back and forth with ball position, dead boys from LoooyEVIL managed to take control and move downfield. In a grave coaching error by Amatuer-phane (whats new there) the ball carrying ghoul tries to hand it off to a nearby wight instead of scoring himself. The ball hits the ground and the Muggers cannot regain possession and bring the TDs to 2.

The game ends Dinosaurs Ate My Baby! 0 - 1 Looeyville Muggers

Last edited by prophane on %b %25, %2010 - %06:%May; edited 1 time in total
xyon

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see a fringe prediction too, nice work!

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
prophane

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i heard that Tomb Brokejaw dosent do 'fringe' predictions. Too under his status. one of the News Channel 4 News Teams interns would have to do that...

xyon

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

oh tomb and his comb-over.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
NWL Season XVII Round 1 Recap

Premier
Cherorkee Waagh Kownshul 2 vs. NWL Steel Workers Union 0
Da_Todfatha's Orcs beat up the underpowered union workers, who's fans post match turned in their union cards in disgust.

The Cherorkee Nation next visits their old rivals, the high elves of Premier Kitties.
The Steel Worker's Union will attempt to regain some of their lost honor against the losers of the round 1Chaos Dwarf showdown, ICE NINE.

Nufflucked 2 vs. Ice Nine 0
This Round 1 Chaos Dwarf showdown ended up a fairly one-sided affair. Nipsey Russell stakes a claim on Premier high-scorer title while Lord Kelvin has a lackluster showing all said. Nufflucked picks up some popularity and see's their season XVII ticket sales surge!
Ice Nine will take out their hatred on the NWL Steel Workers Union, while Nufflucked will attempt to contain Valer Quendi in Round 2.

Round 2 matchups:
Cherorkee Waaagh Kownshul 1-0-0 vs. Premier Kitties 0-0-0
Both teams are able to challenge for the title spot.
Prediction: I think the orcs will get some early CAS and throw the balance strongly in their favor. 2-1 greenskins.

Ice Nine 0-0-1 vs. NWL Steel Workers Union 0-0-1
I dont think this will be a fair fight, Ice Nine is a fair bit better on paper, and the round 1 loss was a bit rougher on the Union, Nuffle favors the bold so weirder things have happened.
Prediction: I still think Lord Kelvin has a break out game and the CD's of Ice Nine will consider this the 'beginning" of their season.

Valer Quendi 0-0-0 vs. Nufflucked 1-0-0
Two seasoned coaches that have both found a way to win. Nufflucked seems in a bit better condition, but Valer Quendi has elvish genetics, which can be an equalizer.
Prediction: It never hurts to bet on a champion. Nufflucked continues to defend their title with a win vs. Valer Quendi.

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
VET Division
Faithful Rot 0 vs Goliad Gauntlets 4
The Gauntlets put on an absolute clinic, despite their coach's humility about the team's season XVII prospects they look ready for Premier already. Bishop Pussbearer continues to tally disgusting Casualties.
Gauntlets play Looeyville.
Rot plays Dinos Ate My Baby.

Northern Spikes 1 vs. Blood Sea Buccaneers
Orcs win, Bucs take one on the chin but are just getting warmed up.
Bucs face the roid raging elves, will the The Spikes play the Stompers.

Looeyville Muggers 1 vs. Dinosaurs Ate My Baby! 0
The Muggers jumped out to an early advantage and used long Werewolf-like claws to hang on!
DAMB play the Rot in a matchup between two Round 1 losers, I think the Lizards will be back on track after this one as they continue to develop.
The Muggers meet the high-powered Goliad Guantlets who will try and continue their dominance.

ROUND 2 ROUNDUP
Faithful Rot0-0-1 vs. Dinosaurs Ate My Baby! 0-0-1
Prediction: Dinos Ate My Baby! win this one. The Rotters start to feel the strain of having Nurgles Rot and not having an apothecary
Denton Stompers vs. Northern Spikes 1-0-0
Two good squads, two good coaches, Undead Resilience vs. Orc Punishment. Prediction: Agile Orcs continue to make things happen, Spikes win, but can they survive?
Altmer_Dragons vs. Blood Sea Buccaneer's 0-0-1
Possibly the match of the week, definitely the one to watch in Vet. The up and coming Dragons, vs. the Been there done that, doing it again Bucs.
Prediction: Dragons win in a nail-biter.
Goliad Gauntlets1-0-0 vs. Looeyville Muggers 1-0-0
Gauntlets will provide the Muggers with a bit stiffer resistance in Round 2. GG is the frontrunner currently, I dont foresee a Mugger upset. gauntlets win.

screech

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Good show tod.
By the way for all of you out there. What really saved Johnny and my game was our ability to restart after a disconnect, without the screwy problems associated with it.
Save this in your profiles guys it works.

Two ball client bug
1. reload with .inc
2. sync
3. end the turn
4. reload again with .dat
> problem solved
> you just can't move the ball carrier before you reload with .dat due to the two ball issue caused by the sync

Also take note that before the turn was ended in between the .inc and .dat reloads (step 3) other actions by nonball carrier players can occur (blocks, fouls and what not).

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sermon of the slug, bearer of buboes, pillar of the nurgle faith both on and off the field, bishop pussbearer here as celebrity commentator for the NWL fringe division here this season. Here's a summary of round 1 from the fringe.

Orcs are Best 3 vs Odessa Fastballs 1
Green like nurgle, the orcs pull a win into the face of the elfs, who are hurting so far this season and could use some luck!

Klan'agh da'Baers 0 vs Ebisquious Graveyard 2

Proving they are not quite dead yet, E graveyard proves to be stronger than the orcs this time around, who had a great record last season, lets see what those orcs can do this season!

Shellshock North 3 vs Naggaroth FC 2

Elfs win o0ut vs their ancestral foes the dark elfs in a quick and brutal match that hurt the elfs more than their dark foes.

Servitors 4 vs St Louis Ham 0
Relatively painless as far as blood bowl games go, the necromancers manage to perform elf-like feats of agility to totally shut down the hams all game.
xyon

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Bishop Pussbearer here again, or BP bear for short, as they call me in ghoulywood. Here with your fringe predictions for round 2!

Orcs are Best VS Servitors
Both teams did well in round 1, but the Orcs have a definite advantage! But can either team keep up the high scoring streak? We'll have to see! My prediction is 3-2 win for the Orcs.

Klan'agh da'Baers VS Shellshock North
The elfs are still strong from there last win, but the orcs didnt suffer much from their loss, it does look like an uphill battle for the orcs though despite being pretty even! 2-1 win for the elfs.

Ebisquious Graveyard VS Naggaroth FC

Both teams are in strong form this season, but the dark elfs have a few players missing which will be a key part in this game. Can the graveyard continue their steam train? Possibly! 3-1 for the undead.

Odessa Fastballs VS St Louis Hams
Both teams are low on numbers from their losses in round 1, but the Hams are definitely in better shape to turn things around and get a win! 3-2 win for the orcs.

Well thats it for the round 2 predictions! We'll see how things go in this next week, until then. I'm BP Bear, cya on the field!
prophane

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this Tomb?

Last edited by prophane on %b %28, %2010 - %06:%May; edited 1 time in total
fangbanger

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think thats a great picture of him!
the light catches his eyes just right!

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to capitalize on their momentum from their round 1 game, the Looeyville Muggers fail to triumph against coach Catalyst32 and the Goliad Gauntlets

The Gauntlets dominated most of the game, with the Muggers only barely managing to squeak out a TD early in the 2nd half.

The post game gold did allow the Muggers to hire their first Wolf in several games... lets see if coach prophane can keep this one alive!

Looeyville Muggers 1 - 2 Goliad Gauntlets

Jump to: