39 coaches online • Server time: 00:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Practice leage for A...goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Funster

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this how it works? I started a FUMMBL team last night and got a buddy to make one to see if he was interested in it. After a couple turns we decided to just quit until he could get a better grasp on the rules of the game. We just X'd out the windows, no concede or anything. Is my team now stuck in Limbo until I get him to reconnect just to concede or something? I can't find games with that team, but I can with my other team of identical TV.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. That's how it works. Once a match has started, it can't be simply dropped. You will need an admin to intervene.

You can also simply complete the game, although conceding would probably be illegal if it's in Ranked.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You can finish that game at any time though, the game will resume from the point you quit. And you can have up to 100 teams.

But as mentioned, if you particularly want to use that team, you can either go to #fumbbladmin on IRC, or go to Help/Support and submit a ticket, and get the game cancelled.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, Ranked is a competitive division, and is not intended to be used for matches with buddies. If you want to practice, please create a team in League.

Welcome to the site!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

"Conceding" would give you his gate money and his MVP points - that's deemed "bad" (on several levels) if for no legit* reason.

(* Strongly suggest you read the Site Rules and the rules re Concessions in CRP ruleset.)

As Xnoelx said, an Admin will take care of it quickly once you contact them.

Welcome to the site, and GL!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Funster

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

RobRoyDuncan wrote:
Also, Ranked is a competitive division, and is not intended to be used for matches with buddies. If you want to practice, please create a team in League.

Welcome to the site!

Just so I understand how acceptable this kind of stuff is...

Once my buddy learns the game on his own, is it okay to play a couple ranked games against each other every once in a while? If we're not trading games or abusing to grind SPP or something, is it okay? I'd like to be able to be able to play my buddy and randoms with a single ranked team (I get attached!) If that's gonna get me banned, I understand and I'll take it to League.

I read the rules, I promise! It seemed okay as long as we both know how to play (he will next time). There was also rules for Academy play, which was what I was aiming for, but I guess that got stripped.

Thanks everyone!
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Play competative games and try to keep it once every ten games that you play against your mate in ranked. That wont get you banned. If you want to play eachother for him to learn the game or very often do it in leguae
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Make L teams and you can play each other as much as you like without big brother getting in your fuzz.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2013 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

'in your fuzz'!

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Funster wrote:
Once my buddy learns the game on his own, is it okay to play a couple ranked games against each other every once in a while? If we're not trading games or abusing to grind SPP or something, is it okay? I'd like to be able to be able to play my buddy and randoms with a single ranked team (I get attached!) If that's gonna get me banned, I understand and I'll take it to League.
It's absolutely okay. The rule isn't against playing friends. AFAIK, It's:
* No back-to-back games vs the same coach or with any of your teams vs the same coach, unless the second one comes by chance in a scheduled tournament.
* No more than about 10% of all your Ranked games against the same coach. Ok to play the same coach twice in a 10-game span so long as it's not back-to-back and you don't make a habit of it.
* No learning games against noob friends in Ranked. Once they know how to play, whatever. S' probably okay to be their first FUMBBL opponent if they know the TT game and have specced a few matches in the client, but not if they have to learn how to play.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Make L teams and you can play each other as much as you like without big brother getting in your fuzz.

TRUTH. Teaching folks used to be done in Academy, but is now better served in League. You can create teams ad nauseum and not have to worry about competitive stuff. Make your own league and have the ability to forfeit games you aren't interested in finishing even.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 00:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just to contradict DiddyBoy and JackassRampant, it's best to never play friends in Ranked. My brother and a friend are both on the site and I spoke to Admin. While it's not strictly against the rules it's much preferred to never play Ranked games against friends (unless drawn in tourneys and such). I'm sure HarvestMouse will confirm this at some point Smile

League teams can play all you like though
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Heard the same as mister__joshua but it's not really a problem for me since I pretty much don't know anyone in here in real life, if I had a real life friend playing here with a cool team I would definitely want to play him with one of my cool teams once in while. I hope that's allowed to some extent. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked is a competitive division. Games between friends are often less competitive. A game now and then wouldn't be horrible, but please avoid both impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Contact the staff via a support ticket http://fumbbl.com/p/support and link this thread for them, so they can see what the situation is.

Most certainly have a good read of the site rules. As you've broken one by playing an introductory game, and would most likely have broken another if you had conceded. The fact you are both friends would have made things worse as you'd then have to prove you hadn't broken a 3rd (playing a rigged match).

As for the future, you will be directed on what is safe by a staff member, however what's been said here is good advice. I totally agree with mister_joshua in that it's best not to play real life friends in ranked. Let's say you played them semi regularly and then had an iffy one that was reported for a concession or dodgy play. It then causes a messy situation where you'd have to defend the game and yourself (even if the game wasn't dodgy), and as it was against a close friend.....I think we all prefer not to go there. So it maybe that the staff member you speak to will actually prohibit you 2 playing in ranked, he may not, depending on the information at hand.

All that said JackAssRampant is also correct. However as I said above, the admin concerned will decide on his first point. The bottom line though is why do you want to play your friend in ranked? If I got you right, you wanted to put one team aside to play him now and again. Well if this is the case, this is the perfect use of the League division. And whether you're instructed to or not, I see no reason to make that team in ranked and I would advise you to instead make that team in League.
 Jump to: