24 coaches online • Server time: 01:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gnome7

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2011 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yzq3z3imytyctu0

I went through the Stunty Leeg Compendium, and thought it was a really cool idea. However, I'm not all that familiar with the LRB4 ruleset, so I looked it up, and decided while I was at it I would attempt to update all the teams to LRB6. I made as few changes to the teams as possible, although I updated certain players to their LRB6 incarnations, such as the Goblin Cheater players (although I kept their costs), and the Snotlings gained Sidestep and Titchy in place of Regeneration and Two Heads.

Personal notes about the various teams:

Chaos Halflings: Updated the Minotaur to match the one from the Chaos team. Otherwise this team is completely unedited as an update.

Eshin Adepts: The Night Runner has Stab in place of the Poison Dagger skill from before. Like the Dark Elf Assassin, I didn't give this unit Secret Weapon. I don't think it needs it, though. This is the case for every replacement of Poison Dagger with Stab.

Fairies: Treeman is updated to the same as the LRB6 Halfling's Treeman. Otherwise no changes.

Forest Goblins: Stakes doesn't really translate into the new rules by itself, and there is exactly one Undead team in the Stunty Leeg so it's not even that useful. So I replaced the ability with Mighty Blow, with the flavor that the Stikkas stab people with spears. The LRB4 version of Foul Appearance was split into Foul Appearance and Disturbing Presence in the LRB6, and the Shaman is the only non-Nurgle unit I gave both abilities too. Disturbing Presence is like a curse, in the Shaman's hands, and Foul Appearance is his protection spells.

Gnoblars: No real changes, although with the new Big Guy rules, the Gnoblars can hire all 3 Ogres. If it's a big deal that they're only supposed to have 2, I could add in a special rule for it.

Gnomes: Updated all the Secret Weapons to their more modern versions. The Dwarven Cannon has Secret Weapon, because Throw Team-Mate and Hail Mary Pass is a really great combo.

Goblin Cheaters: Updated to match the Goblin Team star players. I assume this team doesn't get bribes half off, making the abundance of Secret Weapons as much a drawback as an advantage. Because this team seems kind of insane. I kept the pricing of the Stunty Leeg version in place of the LRB6 version, because I assume these players are more expensive for a reason, in this sort of league. However, I switch the prices of the Fanatic and the Looney, because Chainsaws don't seem as scary to me as getting up to 3 blocks a turn, especially since the chainsaw doesn't waste a turn or 5 revving in LRB6.

Horrors of Tzeentch: I didn't give the Firewyrms or the Flamers Secret Weapon, because it seems like their Bombardier ability is them literally spitting fire rather than carrying a bag of bombs on the field. Should they have Secret Weapon anyway? They are breathing fire. Also, this team seems like the best passing team in the league, even with 4 No Hands players.

Nurglings: No real changes. Plaguebearers could probably have Disturbing Presence added, but I'm not sure they need it. They already come with Foul Appearance AND Guard, which is a pretty good combination.

Pygmy: These guys look kind of terrible, but there were no major changes. The Pygmys had Stunty in their stat block twice. Rather than assume this was a typo, I went the silly route and gave them Titchy. I haven't played it and the update is currently straight, but I'd strongly consider giving the Eagle Warriors Dodge, and moving General Access from the Alligator Warriors to the Eagle Warriors. This would essentially make Eagle Warriors into mini Wardancers, as well as make the Alligator Warriors into more sacrificial line fodder. However, as this was a straight conversion, no changes were actually made, other than the Kroxigor gaining Loner like his Lizardman brethren.

Skink: Like the Eshin Adepts, the Stab player on this team does not have Secret Weapon, and I do not think he needs it. No changes.

Skryre Slaves: At a glance, this team seems potentially overpowered, primarily due to the the 0-16 slot getting Guard right out the door, and the General access players have Strength 3, AV 10, and Mighty Blow. The Mechavermin look like they'll cause a lot of casualties and never get hurt. The team's main weakness seems to be a lack of ways to deal with Big Guys, other than the Deathroller and the Globadier, who are both Secret Weapons, but against the other teams without Big Guys this team looks really really scary. The only major change from the update, however, is the Deathroller was made to match the Dwarf Team's Deathroller, except with Foul Appearance in place of Juggernaut.

Snotlings: The Snotling's baseline statistics were updated to match those of the Ogre team Snotlings in LRB6. That is, Regeneration and Two Heads were replaced by Sidestep and Titchy. The Pump Wagon and the Deathroller were both given Stunty, to represent their smaller than usual drivers, and the Death Roller was otherwise updated to match the Dwarf team's Deathroller. I kept it at the lowered 100k price tag to make up for the difference.

Squig Herders: The Squigs had their variously outdated named skills replaced with their more modern ones. Off for a Bite became Bloodlust, Razor Sharp Claws became Claw, Pogo Stick became Leap. The Star Player Mad Gark the Tamer gained the ability to be bitten by a unit with Bloodlust, as do the normal Squid Herders.

Strigoyan: Off For a Bite became Bloodlust once more. This team is basically unchanged, although Tasty Tom can be bitten by units with Bloodlust.

Any and all feedback is both welcome and appreciated!
 Jump to: