12 coaches online • Server time: 05:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Update:

Ok folks,
I've given this some serious thought and I want to keep Stunty fun and accessible to all. It won't be going into League anytime soon, there are just too many issues with that move and the direction I want to take the league. That said, I want people to be able to have leagues running within Stunty. It makes sense and works with the fluff to have disparate upstart leagues scattered about the Old World and beyond. To ensure teams remain compliant for tournament entry and and BRAWLS (hopefully they'll get going after the next tournament.) there are a few rules that must be observed.

1. A league cannot be less than 5 teams, all run by different coaches. This is the minimum, I would prefer leagues are slightly bigger than this if possible.

2. For larger leagues that wish to have divisions, no division may be smaller than 5 teams if they do not regularly play other division teams. If there are regular inter-division games scheduled, the minimum size can be 4.

3. No rules banning fouling, certain skills, or any other such regulations that could in anyway be deemed to allow teams to "farm" each other for tournaments are allowed. The single exception I will allow are no-Big Guy leagues that disallow non-Stunty/ST4+ type players. I can't see this making a huge difference to these teams.

4. At any point myself or Shadow can deem teams that have played in these leagues ineligible for tournaments if we believe they have benefited in some way from a league.

Thanks to all for your feedback and working through this evolving entity that is Stunty with me.

WB

Old stuff...
This is just a reminder that leagues are not allowed to be run within Stunty for a number of reasons. Stunty is not big enough to support them currently and let everyone be able to get games. Also, it contravenes the site rules as coaches will play each other too often as outlined by the 1 every 10 Ranked rule.

I know the S.L.A.M. is currently running and appreciate the effort to drum up more Stunty games, but I have to ask that it stops after the current cycle of games (or now if between seasons) and no other Leagues/tournaments are started without express permission. I don't want anyone to run afoul of the site rules and lose teams.

Look for some announcements soon on the revamp, next Stunty major, and other smaller tournaments.

And no, Stunty will not be going to League in the near future for a number of reasons.

Thanks,
WB

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %21, %2013 - %22:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Better create some nice meta-groups (open to everyone) that encourage competition and tons of games in Stunty Leeg. That should be completely fine. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

along the lines of ELF Rabe?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Better create some nice meta-groups (open to everyone) that encourage competition and tons of games in Stunty Leeg. That should be completely fine. Smile

Yeah this! Stunty Sprint or the like? (even though it isn't a MM environment)
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a really good idea. While we finish up the last half of the S.L.A.M., I might well try to come up with some sort of chaos-based ELF-like group. Or something. I'll ruminate.

There was a Stunty Sprint last year, but only for Aug., Sep., & Oct. though: http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/sprint.html?sprintId=50
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This confuses me.

Stunty is not a competitive division, no? As such, the 1/10 rule, etc, shouldn't apply, right?
I've been told by at least 1 admin that normal prohibitions against concessions are not applied to Stunty.

As someone playing in SLAM, I would be very disheartened to have to abandon it, because the tilted nature of the way that certain match-ups play out, there are a host of racial combinations that will simply never see play in a picker environment. Instead... cesspools of Cheaters and Chaos Flings to wade though...

Also... I know a certain Squig team that played the same Skink team a whopping 5 times in 15 games... and a couple other greenskin teams that also... shall we say "enjoy consecutive slices" of that same tasty skink pie.... WHAZZ WIZZ DAT!??
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, actually, I was also under the impression that the site rules classed S as a non-competitive division, and so things like the 1 in 10 rule were relaxed (if not absent entirely) just like in L. Is that not the case? (not intended as any kind of argument about having leagues in S, I'm totally fine with that decision and the reasons for it. Just asking for the sake of clarity).

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I have some teams I have played a lot against the same other teams. The fact is it can be hard to find games at some time periods, especially back before the Stunty relaunch. We obviously don't have a strict 10:1 rule, I am just trying to ensure everyone can get games. I can readdress it at the end of S.L.A.M.'s season and see where things stand. It might be possible to keep it going. Give me a heads up when it you guys are close.

I'm also going to work with Shadow to get some mini tournies and SMACKS going. That way you don't have to worry about people ducking games. Hoping the revamp will also adjust some balance issues to limit game ducking.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

League used to have Stunty teams available to create as L teams, that way they could be used in the environment, I pesonally would love to see that route taken again as I have some stunty/main stream team cross overs on my "Grid" and it would be awesome to fill the L grid Smile

(for the record, I am not arguing any point and will of course follow the site rules)

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Can always play it by ear after the revamp and see how it goes. Stunty is always going to be less active so a 1 in 5 rule or such could work? (It's really only there to stop 'farming' and the like isn't it?) I know the last time I played (or tried to play, before gamefinder) getting any game was damned tough, let alone worrying about 1 in 10.

The SLAM seems to be generating activity at least, but with a revamp, influx of people and minors that won't be as much of an issue hopefully. (I hope there are a lot of folks like me waiting until the changes hit to get stuck in again, I wasn't back for the Necromiser but even that seemed to have tons of people playing)

Couple of concurrent Meta groups wouldn't hurt things either though, glad to see Stunty sprint is easily possible at least!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely; as mentioned previously elsewhere, I'll let you know when we're reaching the end of the season.

More tournaments is also great news; back during the Necromiser, I remember hearing something about the Titanium Nitro Tour being next, is that still likely? I do love me some TTMing...

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have heard nothing about a Titanium Nitro Tour.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2013 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I am just trying to ensure everyone can get games.

I fail to see how the existence of a group like the SLAM in any way minimizes game opportunities for other players.

Hell, if it didn't exist and force people into scheduling stunty matches I'd likely only play a couple times a month, as my standard playing time (late evening PST) is a veritable stunty wasteland.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2013 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes me curious what the range of times that the most stunty games are played in.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2013 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said, I was wrong on my understanding of how [S] is viewed by the admins. I'm going to let SLAM go on for now and reassess. I think a lot of people are waiting on the revamp, which is coming soon.