14 coaches online • Server time: 04:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HamilcarBarca

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules say that a player with JumpUp may do any action other than a Blocking action without having to roll dice. So if you blitz, can you stand up and block for free without having to roll?

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, presuming you have at least a 4 MA (three to stand up and one for the block); any movement beyond four will be available after the block if you're still up. With a 3 MA, you'll have to GFI to carry out the block.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

No, with Jump Up you'd only need MA 1 to throw the Block without going for it, as jump up negates the 3 MA needed for standing up...

Edit:
Sorry, badly worded by me. Yes, you can get up without rolling, but you don't need MA 4, only MA 1. Smile

Last edited by Rabe on %b %14, %2014 - %23:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, what? No, if you declare a Blitz with Jump Up, you don't have to roll. Only if you declare a Block action.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You only have to make a roll for jump up (AG+2) if you declare a block action.

Jump Up - Agility
A player with this skill is able to quickly get back into the game. If the player declares any Action other than a Block Action he may stand up for free without paying the three squares of movement. The player may also declare a Block Action while Prone which requires an Agility roll with a +2 modifier to see if he can complete the Action. A successful roll means the player can stand up for free and Block an adjacent opponent. A failed roll means the Block Action is wasted and the player may not stand up.
HamilcarBarca

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So in this hypothetical case a character who has MA5 could declare a blitz and stand up, move 4 spaces and block (or stand up, block then move 4 spaces) and only roll the block dice, right?

I just want to make 100% sure blitzing isn't a subset of Blocking actions as this would substantially alter my skill choices. I have a low AG team and I'm thinking of making a DwarfBlitzer with MB, PO, and JumpUp (on doubles) to help negate the disadvantages of PO.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct. A Blitz Action is an action in and of itself which contains two sections: a move and a block (in any order or combination and without a commitment to actually do either one). A Block Action only contains the block.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

HamilcarBarca wrote:
I have a low AG team and I'm thinking of making a DwarfBlitzer with MB, PO, and JumpUp (on doubles) to help negate the disadvantages of PO.

Good choice, especially since he has AG 3 and therefor "only" has to roll a 2+ to block (not blitz) from the floor. Troll Slayers often make even nastier hitters and can profit a lot from Jump Up as well (especially when - without Jump Up - they'd be forced to go for it due to Frenzy), but can't throw blocks (as Block Action) from the floor as reliable as a Blitzer can.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

HamilcarBarca wrote:
I just want to make 100% sure blitzing isn't a subset of Blocking actions...

100% confirmed - different actions.

Note - if you ever want to experiment w/ skill mixes to see how something works in the FUMBBL client, you can use Test Mode - set up the skills you want, control the blocking dice (1 = skull, 2 = both down, 5 = pow/push, 6 = pow), etc etc.

https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: