62 coaches online • Server time: 22:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
12th player should be:
Thrower
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Catcher
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Lineman
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 20

Zaar

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I play in local TT league. 6 team involved (Humans, Orcs, Ogres, Norse, Wood Elves and Skavens). After 8 matches, I have finally enough money and no dead player to buy 12th.

What would you advice? Catcher, Thrower or Lineman?

Current team:

Ogre... -AV

Blitzer... Guard, Mighty Blow
Blitzer... +MA, +MA
Blitzer... Guard
Blitzer... -AV

Lineman... -AG, Block
Lineman... -MA, Block
Lineman... Guard
Lineman...

Catcher... +AG, Block

Thrower... Accurate, <Block>

3RR

Also my Thrower just reach next level, I will probably give him Block. But Leader is also in consideration. What do you think about Leader on Thrower?

Upcoming matches are: Norse, than Skavens.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lineman, you need extra guy for fouling.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want to save to replace the Ogre, then Lineman.

Before you get more positionals, you need more meat to protect them. Get another Lino, Blodge up the Catcher you have, and replace the -AV Ogre before he gets a skill then gets himself retired.

(Edit - and, yes, if you haven't lost players and you don't need all 11 for that drive, you can start fouling about Turn 5-6 and not worry about losing him.)

For the Thrower, the problem w/ making him your Leader caddy is 1) he has to be in on both Offense and Defense, and 2) that slows defensive skills like Block.

Some coaches will run 2 Throwers, and hope one gets +Stat (+Agr or +MA), and make the other their Blocking Leader (saving Accurate for 3rd skill), and have him for Sure Hands on Defense. However, spending +20k for the Thrower + 20k for Leader to save 50k on a RR is only a net +10k savings - and some coaches don't value SH + Pass on Defense (and a spare Thrower on Offense) that much. ymmv.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well lineman is the cheapest and simplest.

Although there is some reason in taking another catcher in a league with no dwarfs. He draws more attention and if he is not marked by tackle he can dodge away much better than a lineman at the end of the turn.

Having another MA8 player also opens up options.

Right now I have a 14 player team with only 1 catcher and thrower though, although I might replace a lineman with a catcher when one of the linemen gets dead or injured. It is also because my current catcher has rolled 3 skills with no stats so it might be time to start a new one to fish for a big player.

My other human team is at 2000k+ so due to attrition and spiralling expenses I usually only can afford linemen to try and get some reserves. I do have 2 throwers right now but it's only because 1 thrower has -MA, -AG and does line duty until he gets -AV or niggle. The 20k bloat compared to a lineman is worth it to keep numbers up on the team.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
forsev

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn. That ogre looks broken.
If you can, you should replace him.
If not, another lino would be great to save the Catcher from playing while kicking.
 Jump to: