32 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awards
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dudesweet101

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there sports fans!

Is it usual for your opponent to start ripping you when they accepted the matchup in R?
I was barely into my last game when he started trolling me- then Nuffle got involved as some kinda divine BB punishment.
Admittedly, it was a good matchup for me, and I bashed his rats around, but it was quite enjoyable and close thanks to my outrageous luck.
He voiced his consternation at my dice and I readily acknowledged this but stopped short of apologising (Never look a gift Nuffle in the mouth)

I won 3-2 with some lovely bounces and timely stuns as the whistle blew.......my opponent stayed silent and just left at the end of the game......I found this rude and then realised I had done the same, usually when pounded into the astrogranite.

So the question really is: are we only really good sports when we are winning?
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I see no rips...
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the majority are like this but a significant amount are. I had a match where the guy was in good spirits but then when I made it 2-0 at half time he got annoyed. Even though he made it 2-1 and outnumbered me he basically gave up instead of blitzing my carrier. I suggested he should not give up and could have 2d blitzed my carrier with a single dodge, and he just said my advice was not asked for. Others go silent or start cursing. Yes there is definitely some bad losers around! Just try not to get too furious yourself or it all spirals. Myself I moan about dice sometimes but don't see any reason to go rude on people for dice issues or playing better than me.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Naturally Rookie and Legend coaches whine the most and are least objective is my observation.

First for being rookies maninly ofc, the latter fraction for being severely disturbed with the game and their so perceived superiority at it (perhaps that correlates with and expands to other areas as well, i would assume thats likely - but lets not dig too deep in that dirty laundry).

Im not even sure if i speak about quantity here, probably more quality of whine and general subjectivity.

That being said: there are loads of great legend and rookie coaches who dont lose it and are fun or at least good sports to play! The vast vast majority of games on fumbbl are played in ok spirits and manner i feel.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
Naturally Rookie and Legend coaches whine the most and are least objective is my observation.

Looks like you can add 'experienced' coaches to that. Double whammy here.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 19:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
albinv wrote:

Looks like you can add 'experienced' coaches to that. Double whammy here.

Badum DUM! (cymbols)

So yeah, this is naming and shaming (ie: making it easy to discern who played or acted poorly. Thread closed.
 Jump to: